• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do we consider Sonic 2006 canon?

Unclechairman

VS Battles
Retired
Other than fact that the game effectively wrote itself out of continuity, SEGA seems to have adopted an approach to the game that can be basically summed up as "stay away from anything related to Sonic 2006 other than the content which people liked (e.g., Crisis City since apparently it was the most popular and well-known stage in the game, the relationship between Silver and Blaze, etc.)" Takashi Lizuka, at Sonic Boom convention 2012, also stated that Blaze hails from an alternate dimension (her backstory in Sonic Rush), rather than the future.

Considering all this, can we really consider Sonic 2006 canon to the Sonic series? SEGA seems to consider it non-canon, and it's hardly consistent with the other games in the series.

hard to say. like with Gundam Victory is completely dismissed by its creator despite the fact it's considered canon, but that's by the company who produced it. if it's non canon then it would have to be considered a retcon, and while solaris will keep its stats, anyone being scaled to Solaris needs to drop or have a note atached that 06's canonicity is questionable.

I would prefer Sonic 2006 being non-canon, because the game was awful tbh.

But being honest, is hard to say, like Seiryu says. Besides, the stage that you mentioned "Crisis City" appears in Sonic Generations.

Scaling to Solaris was already considered questionable as it apparently contradicts what the Chaos Emeralds are normally capable of.

The only character who might need a profile change is Silver, since a lot of his feats come from Sonic 2006, where he had his only major role in a Sonic game. The only other game I know of where he has notable feats is Sonic Generations, in his boss battle with Sonic. I know little to nothing about the Sonic Rivals series, so I'm not sure if he has any notable feats there.

Rocks75 said:
I would prefer Sonic 2006 being non-canon, because the game was awful tbh.
But being honest, is hard to say, like Seiryu says. Besides, the stage that you mentioned "Crisis City" appears in Sonic Generations.
I would too, my friend.

A few people have tried to explain Crisis City's appearance in Sonic Generations as an effect of the Time Eater distorting time and space, but then there's Blaze's quote (probably the biggest continuity blunder SEGA has made recently).

Unclechairman said:
Scaling to Solaris was already considered questionable as it apparently contradicts what the Chaos Emeralds are normally capable of.
Yeah, not gonna lie, but Sonic fanboys makes me angry when they use Solaris' argument to say things like "Super Sonic is overpowered, he defeated Solaris, so he solos DBZ".

And yeah, for me, Sonic 06 is non canon, but to be honest, is questionable Sonic 06 being canon or not.

Back