• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humans can survive real electricity which means it isn't a one-shotting hax. Sufficient AP is required.

AKM sama said:
Humans can survive real electricity which means it isn't a one-shotting hax. Sufficient AP is required.
That's a non sequitur though.

One shot and durability negation are two different things

1 Nobody here ever remotely argued electricity was an one shotting hax.

2. Your argument is already built under the false premise that electricity requires heavy durability to survive.

3. Humans only survive electricity because the current exits the body quickly and gets neutralized by the ground.

As I commented above, here is the graphic of the effects of current. As I said above, 100 mA is kinda low for causing death, although too much time in contact with AC could be dangerous at ~50 mA but still having high possibilities to survive. From left to right: AC graphic and DC graphic.

EffectsOfAC&DC

The point I was trying to make was that humans can survive electricity if the current is below a certain level. That's because our internal organs and muscles contract and/or burn once the current reaches a certain level.

How do you determine that level for the internal organs and hearts of a fictional character? Clearly, the more the current, the more dangerous it is. Which makes is exactly like AP.

The body sends electric signals so all the organs can work in unison. A large number of electrons entering the internal body disrupts those signals, leading to the heart and some other organs being disabled. It doesn't really have to do with AP.

@AKM What? It isn't anything like AP. Being able to tank an explosion isn't going to help you live after your brain and heart shut down.

Saying "the more the X, the more the dangerous" about any kind of hax and comparing it to AP would have the same depth and meaning.

Kep summed up the scientific angle of it very well.

A large number of electrons, yeah, meaning a certain level of current. That's what I am saying. This certain level of current varies for humans, small and large animals. And fiction has got all kinds of different species of aliens and whatnot with crazy metabolism. So we are going to treat everyone by normal human standards?

Welp, we are discussing about effects of electricity in general, not it effects in any other specie. But against an organic humaniod being whose physiology is nearly the same as human's (talking about biologically compatible for example) should be valid.

Yeah, I'll back you up if you're talking about huge beasts or animals.

But a 10-B human will die from high amps just as much as a 5-B human.

Anyway, I think that the point of the discussion is how do we consider Superhumans' bodies. If we just consider them humans with very durable flesh and strong muscles, yes, electricity negates dura.

If we consider them like humans but with everything being multiplied to their AP, electricity wouldn't do anything to characters that have electricity flowing through their nerves at much higher voltages/amp from their brains.

I think our conclulsion was that electricity in fiction doesn't tend to show the properties it does in real life, and we can only really apply the durability negation for when it shows those properties.

But yeah realitistic electricity certainly ignores durability.

If that was the conclusion, then why does the Electricity Manipulation page lack the description for possible (possible as in it depends on if some of the ficional settings shows realistic properties of elecricity, which I'm sure could be added in for further description) durability negation? Weren't the entire point of this thread is due to the Electricity Manipulation page being lacking for such details? That doesn't look like the thread has properly concluded or resolved itself to me.

I'm pretty sure adding in the reasons for possible durability negation for realistic electricity (like disruption of nerves and internal organs) in that page shouldn't be too much of a change anyways, as most of fiction tends to not show such properties in real life like you've said.

True.

We could add this to the page:

"In real life, electricity with high amplitudes can atrophy nerves (causing paralysis) and also interfere with the functions of organs such as the heart and brai, and would likely ignore the durability of characters made out materials with enough conductivity due to this fact. However, as electricity hardly ever acts this way in fiction, this doesn't apply to electrical attacks that don't have a stated amplitude or have demonstrated these powers."

Yeah, I think all that's needed to be said has been said here. I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back