• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired so lets go straight to the point. The proposal for this thread is something along the lines of Low-Godly Regeneration for demons :

Low Tiers/Lesser Demons:

In the Devil May Cry universe, demons are many kinds of evil spirits and they also can send their consciousness from the Demon World to the Human World from small gaps and they can also rebuild their bodies when they are possessing things and even materializing themselves when they died, once their rage and fury are mixed together to create the demons called Soul Eaters.

What does this mean exactly? Demons are able to travel from the Demon World to the Human World through the gaps that exist in Sparda's seal, these gaps only allow such lowly things like insects and/or their consciousness to reach the Human World and there they are able to create bodies using materials, as seen above some are capable of using sand to create new bodies completely.

As per this thread the need of local matter to rebuild a body is considered Low-Godly with a weakness or a limit, so Lesser Demons will get "Low-Godly regeneration" and another weakness added with something along the lines of "they need a specific element or material to create said body"

Of course this would not be exactly dependent on the soul as the demons summoned are spirits while others send their mind/consciousness or essence as you might call it.

As a side note, since the demons manifest from the demon world into the physical via projecting their soul, they'd have type 9 immortality due to the fact their soul and physical form reside on different planes.

Higher Rank Demons and above

Despite lesser demons being able to send their consciousness to the Human World, this is something that the high-ranking demons can't do since they have some problems, one of those being because of their powers are to great to the Human World to handle, and they can't posses humans since they will lose their sanity when they are possessed by them forcing a sort of auto destructive state, reason why they need specific means to travel to the Human World. In those cases a ritual or a portal powerful enough to hold their power is necessary.

This would be somewhat counterproductive as it doesn't support the idea of them being able to regenerate from their minds/souls but lets take a look to what happens when a High Ranking Demon comes to the Human World in all their glory (Power, original body and soul).

Demons are beings capable of becoming Devil Arms by either crushing them and gaining power over them or becoming friends with them. (Becoming a devil arm is a way for demons to survive in battle against stronger opponents but it forces them into servitude as they lack the power to fight back the one who defeated them, if a demon gets enough power to fight back then they will reform their original body and challenge their master once again. In the case of the series the devil arms we know of are incapable of that in any way since most if not all server under Dante's command.)

What exactly is a Devil Arm? As the scan above said (if you read it) is the manifestation of a devil's power or soul taking a physical form. Some Devil Arms are born like that while others are created from existing demons (and all of them are conscious beings) and by the time of DMC5 we come to learn they are able to reform their bodies from this state again with one example being Balrog who recognized Dante's power and decided to become his servant to become stronger and when he does he will challenge Dante to a fight again. This is unlike the lesser demons who need to posses nearby materials to create bodies as their power is too great they will end up corrupting and destroying their vessels. Basically High Ranking Demons are able to become Devil Arms (their souls taking a physical form) and from that creating their bodies again (from a physical manifestation of their souls back to their own bodies).

Theres a demon called Berial who can become fiery soul and escape from Nero. There is more to this as the novel Deadly Fortune explains another high-ranking demon called Lucifer was unable to defeat Dante and instead of dying he decided to become a devil arm, in the same page Berial which comes back with body and faces Dante. Berial was fighting Dante and looking at Lucifer in the state he was in (A devil arm) He also thought about surrendering to live serving Dante, but the only reason that he didn't do that is for pride, the idea of being of his soul being forced into a servant didn't sit well with him, in this moment he tried a kamikaze attack destroying his own body and attacking with his soul itself, moments before his death his very own soul (as described moments prior) felt the need to surrender to Dante but the self-respect he had was enough to carry on with the failed attack.

Back to DMC1 we have Nelo Angelo aka Vergil, son of Sparda, who was capable of regenerating after complete destruction of his current body after being defeated by his twin brother Dante in Mallet Island and this was done, despite his soul being put inside the Nelo Angelo's armor by Mundus. His body in unknown state probably being destroyed by Mundus long ago.

Along with Nelo we have the Generals Mundus sent to the human world in order to do 2 things, open a massive portal stable enough to let him travel there and to defeat Dante. The interesting part is that these demons are "core demons", demons who can regenerate their bodies back as long as their "cores" are intact, such cores being their essence or soul as you might call it. (This is already accepted and implemented in the profiles by the way, just being mentioned to show that this kind of regeneration is more common than we originally though)

Mundus was capable to regenerating after complete destruction of his body after being defeated by Dante when he absorbed the powers of his father Sparda sealed in the Devil Sword Sparda.

Argosax the Chaos is a being made of many parts of demons and also have all their abilities including the same core demons mentioned above.

What would this result for the demons in general in general

Lesser demons get either "limited Low-Godly regeneration (They can reform their bodies from nearby materials using only their minds/soul/whatever it is)" or just "Low Godly Regeneration" with the weakness added in the corresponding section.

High rank demons get just plain "Low-Godly regeneration (they are capable of creating bodies from their soul and/or become their soul directly)" or something like that.

The twins and Nero get Low Godly only in their true forms (Devil trigger) meaning 3 to 5 Dante/Vergil and 5 Nero have this level. DMC4 Nero doesn't since he doesn't have a demonic form just a manifestation of his powers awakened by Yamato (and he should get a weakness/note/downgraded for DMC5 saying his powers and regeneration lessen in 5 since he lost a big portion of that demonic power in the form of his arm and the sword).

This would upgrade the High-Mid Regeneration Negation from the Sparda boys to straight up Low-Godly levels of potency, since they can negate high-ranking demons's regeneration since before awakening their demonic powers, this would also give than Low-Godly regeneration because they scale above demons even when they are kids and the regeneration is also going to be combat applicable too (Including, of course, in base form in the Mallet Island events), since they not being able to regenerate and adapt from their abilities against each other sometimes, is just than neutralizing their Accelerated Development, Reactive Evolution and Resistances abilities and maybe even Negating Resistances and they surviving in a weakened state and also regenerating their bodies later is just than resisting the level of potency of their Negations abilities to some extent at that point in the series.

Edit: Forgot to mention but thanks to the DMC server, guys really helped a lot and specially to Mister who did like 99% of this thing, I just came in and stole it :'v

Last edited:
Gonna disagree with Low-Godly regeneration for Low tier Demons unless we have direct statements on them being able to restore their bodies from atomic levels of destruction. Really just seems more akin to Resurrection / type 4 immortality. Low tier Demons in the past have been killed on screen by decapitation and so on and so forth. It would also feel very odd to say that Low tier Demons have the same level of regeneration as the high tiers.

At best I'd stick to the current rating with a "Possibly higher"

Gonna disagree with Low-Godly regeneration for Low tier Demons unless we have direct statements on them being able to restore their bodies from atomic levels of destruction. Really just seems more akin to Resurrection / type 4 immortality. Low tier Demons in the past have been killed on screen by decapitation and so on and so forth. It would also feel very odd to say that Low tier Demons have the same level of regeneration as the high tiers.

At best I'd stick to the current rating with a "Possibly higher"
I mean, unless a mind or a soul or their consciousness has atoms, matter or whatever we use for High regen I don't think it should be used to disprove this when their bodies just stay in the demon world. The thread above also brought up the matter and they basically said it is low godly with a limitation/weakness too.

And the demons that die on screen are killed by either Dante/Vergil so that's not an argument

Forgot to ask but why did you think this is more like ress/immortality type 4? They aren't dead, they just crossed a net that keeps their bodies in the other side.

Also, also, do you think the statements of atomic destruction necessary? If it really was half of the people with low godly in the wiki would lose it

Last edited:
Sand particles aren't the same size as atoms, Crocodile and Sandman from One Piece and Marvel don't have Low-Godly for a reason despite being made of sand. and there are several verses in this very wiki that have souls with atoms and such. Souls can vary from work of fiction to fiction and religion to religion.

I myself don't think atomic destruction statements are necessary but am also aware that its a common standard that's practiced on the wiki. If you want I can get some staff members here that'll tell you the same.

also there's definitely a dmc discord server teaming up here

That's the thing, the CRT I linked above (https://vsbattles.com/threads/low-godly-and-high-regen-addition.115014/) says someone's soul regenerates back using nearby materials (sand in this case) still counts but with a weakness/limitation which is what I'm aiming for here.

And regarding DMC, there has never been a statement of them having any form of atom or the like (and you can see them going through stuff in the game too) so nah, that doesn't really apply to us.

Bitch if you can bring staff you would make my day, they avoid DMC threads like the plague so yeah, bring them please.

vs battles wiki in a nutshell, welcome

The Standard assumption for a Soul when no more details are stated is something non corporeal or Intangible afaik, and DMC never really showed something going against that at least for the most "pure" moments, Dante can grab them sure, but that's NPI. With that said, this is pretty much "Limited" Low Godly, only with that weakness like Tony said

Demons being killed by Low Mid to Mid Damage is Regen Negation BUT, there are some strange examples like Lady, who's even stated to not use Magic in her attacks

also there's definitely a dmc discord server teaming up here
Well I'm not from the Server

That's a pretty short lived discussion, it didn't last for much time and was responded by a rather small amount of staff. Strongly disagree with that notion of it being a form of low-Godly, I'll have a talk with DontTalk about it later for in the meantime that's acceptable ,Although it's similar to Gegard's the Miracle albeit watered down greatly. I'd still be more comfortable with a "High possibly limited Low-Godly regeneration." as this is a lot more akin to High as opposed to Low-Godly. Alternatively you can take a piece out of my Knives Million's page where he has a baseline level of regeneration followed by a better rating via sufficient enegry, although in this case it would be material. Still weird that anyone with matter Manipulation and AoE would be able to circumvent this form of low-Godly.

I also have some gripes regarding anti-feats in DMC for regeneration but since I'm a lazy son of a bitch I'll save my breathe.

Also don't call me a bitch, I'm an asshole there's a total difference. I for one pride myself on my asshole skills, miss me with that downplay of my capabilities. Also I'd only suggest staff comments because
A: That's how CRT's work, staff approval is needed. If they refuse to comment here they can honestly grow a pair.

B: Even with the link you posted before that directly contradicts our definition of Low-Godly regeneration. Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

A form of matter such as sand isn't a Non-Physical or metaphysical. lazy staff bbastards need to start updating pages tbh

there are some strange examples like Lady, who's even stated to not use Magic in her attacks

I was waiting for this and the short answer is: they dgaf while writting her, like, just look at all the crazy shit she does while being a "human", not even the mercenaries with experience and training can do that in vol1 (altough PoC brings an explanation for everything but its not canon atm) and im not really interested in going into detail about the long answer but I can try and search it later tho

Demons being killed by Low Mid to Mid Damage is Regen Negation

that was changed a while ago not to mention this thread changes that one too>.>

high godly starts with h
Dante is hot
hot also begins with H
Dante also has regeneration
HIGH GODLY CONFIRMED

Eh, you can revive the thread or make a new one but imma push for it since some staff there were okay with it.

Isn't that like any work of fiction ever? Everything has anti feats and not for that are we gonna go and them because they contradict shit we know.

You know that bitch was in an affective manner, not in an insulting one >_> and ofc, everyone here already knows that but like I said, staff avoids our threads.

And not really? They have their whole bodies away and they create new ones using other shit while being a soul/mind whatever else so it basically fits the definition. A soul is using sand to create a body.

I was waiting for this and the short answer is: they dgaf while writting her, like, just look at all the crazy shit she does while being a "human", not even the mercenaries with experience and training can do that in vol1 (altough PoC brings an explanation for everything but its not canon atm) and im not really interested in going into detail about the long answer but I can try and search it later tho
It wasn't an argument to reject the CRT, just considering that there are bs stuff when it comes to fighting these demons, Lady being I guess the biggest example

Nico has Low Godly Regen Negation with her Cigar and Resistance to Fear Manipulation

that was changed a while ago not to mention this thread changes that one too>.>

I'm pretty sure you can kill a Demon/Permanently scar one as Dante with Bullets and Sword stuff (Low-Mid to Mid Damage usually), he absolutely needs Regen Negation

You know that bitch was in an affective manner, not in an insulting one >_> and ofc, everyone here already knows that but like I said, staff avoids our threads.
Hey brother I was also joking, kinda thought the asshole part made it obvious lol. Guess that's my b for not clarifying, but yeah this thread is fine for the time being.

Actually, we currently relate Regeneration and Demonic Energy, I remember very well to be something in the Earl Threads

That's the very reason why demons have regen almost scaled to their Tier

Also, I do agree that needing some sort of material to Regen goes against Low Godly's very reason, it's accepted, fair, but it worths some discussion for another time

But does Beastheads its count? Dante use Beastheads demonic energy but still couldn't heal his broken arms unless Chen also has regen Neg.

Which is just prove my point that Chen stomps Sparda.

But does Beastheads its count? Dante use Beastheads demonic energy but still couldn't heal his broken arms unless Chen also has regen Neg.
Beastheads only refilled his energy to normal original lvl, didn't make him stronger than he already was.
Also its regen neg, also he already has it.

Yeah, Chen had the power boost, Dante only got new powers and his stamina to 100 again.

Basically it was Sparda X2 vs Dante and Dante still one shot his ass in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back