• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC Ability Removals [Part 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, I’ll give my thoughts in a sec
Longest second of my life. Anyways...

I got a chance to look through this. Here are my thoughts, going down the list of abilities and resistances.

Abilities
  • Removing Supernatural Willpower and Immersion seems fine. For Immersion in particulars, "mirrors" being portals is far from uncommon as seen in both DMC1 and DMC3
  • Type 1 Corruption should remain, but I'd say not as a low tier demon ability. Now if this was for a Demonic Energy Manipulation page, there'd be a different discussion to be had since it's the energy itself causing that. But for now, probably just leave it for the people doing the ritual
  • I assume Clairvoyance isn't being contested. Causality Manipulation, though... Yeah idk how I'm supposed to get that outta this
Resistances
  • Drop a hydrogen bomb on the coughing baby that is the Pain Manipulation resistance
  • I'm guessing the resistances to Physics Manipulation and Gravity Manipulation come from demons functioning just fine despite the differences in physics and gravity between the Human and Demon Worlds. I can see the argument for it, so I'm a bit torn on this one. I'd probably lean toward supporting the removal, but I'm not too sold one way or another
  • The resistance to Death Manipulation is also a weird one to me. Because yeah, Ducas had the Beastheads for days, but what the Beastheads did is also very clear. Would anything suggest this not being a resistance? I understand that Ducas is simply a thug, but fiction can be weird about these things at times, so I'd probably be more convinced if there's something else that would make this not qualify for a resistance

Longest second of my life. Anyways...

I got a chance to look through this. Here are my thoughts, going down the list of abilities and resistances.

Abilities
  • Removing Supernatural Willpower and Immersion seems fine. For Immersion in particulars, "mirrors" being portals is far from uncommon as seen in both DMC1 and DMC3

Don't know much about immersion aside from Nelo Angelo one so i suppose it can be removed but supernatural willpower should stay imo.

Demons are considered peak Humans and if some of the Humans have the willpower to resist Beastheads then Demons surely too especially knowing how Demons are generally immune to Beastheads' stuff

• Type 1 Corruption should remain, but I'd say not as a low tier demon ability. Now if this was for a Demonic Energy Manipulation page, there'd be a different discussion to be had since it's the energy itself causing that. But for now, probably just leave it for the people doing the ritual

We all agree that Demonic Energy from the Demon World on text causes corruption and since Demons replenish their Demonic Energy through it would simply mean that they are functionally the same thing and soo Demonic Energy aura radiating from any Demons should have a corruption as one of its side effects.

• I assume Clairvoyance isn't being contested. Causality Manipulation, though... Yeah idk how I'm supposed to get that outta this

They are a matter we'll discuss soon

Resistances
  • Drop a hydrogen bomb on the coughing baby that is the Pain Manipulation resistance

Yeah that shit needs to go down the drain alright.

• I'm guessing the resistances to Physics Manipulation and Gravity Manipulation come from demons functioning just fine despite the differences in physics and gravity between the Human and Demon Worlds. I can see the argument for it, so I'm a bit torn on this one. I'd probably lean toward supporting the removal, but I'm not too sold one way or another

For Demons to not follow the laws of the Human World in its entirety should logically include laws of gravity and physics all things considered.

Now i do agree that the justification for this sounds kinda wacky soo i propose adding the Beastheads' death manipulation scan there (basically merge physics and gravity manipulation with already existent law manipulation there on the blog for low tier Demons) as a way of saying Demons ignore the laws of gravity and physics.

• The resistance to Death Manipulation is also a weird one to me. Because yeah, Ducas had the Beastheads for days, but what the Beastheads did is also very clear. Would anything suggest this not being a resistance? I understand that Ducas is simply a thug, but fiction can be weird about these things at times, so I'd probably be more convinced if there's something else that would make this not qualify for a resistance

Ducas merely possessed the statue version of Beastheads which isn't the same as Demonic version that caused death hax.

Now the OP tried to refute this via saying Dante (lmao) and Beryl didn't die as a side effect but like... There's context for it.

Beryl was supposed to be eaten by Beastheads as her fate was sealed by him personally. If she died right there then how Beastheads would devour her? On the plus side, we didn't seen any Demon dying as a result of this which only supports my claim (Don't know why the OP brought this instance as a form of evidence).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo yeah at the very least corruption and resistance to death manipulation should stay. Rightfully so.

We'll go into causality and precognition stuff now.

Last edited:
I'm largely of the same view as CloverDragon03, though I'm neutral on the Beasthead stuff and I don't think the current justifications for Physics Manipulation and Gravity Manipulation resistance are solid enough to keep them. Perhaps as an additional justification of Law Manipulation but not that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back