• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DK's Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is where I should post stuff concerning character's stats but here goes nothing.

I have some feats that make DK EXTREMELY FAST.

https://youtu.be/4121oX6y19M?t=4m14s

DK can move past Earth's surface area in a few seconds. I'm not sure how fast this makes him, but it's MUCH faster than he's put at now.

https://youtu.be/4121oX6y19M?t=8m14s

The rhino DK is riding is moving past stars at an incredibly fast rate. This makes DK's reaction times MFTL+

Can you show screen captures instead. I don't have the energy to watch over 20 minutes of boring game videos for you.

Well, I checked and didn't notice anything special. Again, you will have to make screen captures of the specific feats.

You can probably do it by downloading the Youtube videos, watching them in a media player, such as VLC, and use it or a separate program to take screenshots.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-24-2015/K0Db7r.gif As you can see in this gif, DK is able to move past Earth's surface in a matter of seconds. When DK starts at the beginning of the crater, he's at about the beginning of Earth's surface. The best possible time DK can get across that crater is 7 seconds. When he does make it across, he's about halfway across Earth's surface. I'm not sure how to calc this but needless to say it's pretty damn impressive.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-24-2015/meZQZ7.gif In this GIF, you can see that the rhino DK is riding is moving past stars, yet DK is steering it. This makes his reaction times MFTL+

Also, I've heard arguments that the Earth in the Mario universe may be smaller than our own like the moon, but this is ludicrous, because the Mario universe has proven that their Earth is MUCH more expansive than our own. If anything the Mario earth may be bigger than our own.

In the first gif, Donkey Kong is extremely far away from the Earth. It is like saying that you can move at MFTL+ speeds because you can see your hand move past all of the stars in the sky.

In the second gif we only see Donkey Kong and his ride move past an area that is in proportion to his own size. He is obviously just a bit above human size, not remotely larger than a solar system.

Well, the areas that he travels in are in proportion to his own size, which is extremely tiny compared to entire planets.

That also goes for moving past the stars as well. You see him move past the stars at a fast rate. If you were ever to look outside a rocket ship, it will like the stars are following you, because a rocket ship doesn't move at speeds that make it go past a star in no time.

I know that explanation is weird but I can't think of a better way to word it.

Antvasima said:
Well, the areas that he travels in are in proportion to his own size, which is extremely tiny compared to entire planets.
That doesn't explain how he's able to move past planets, and how the rhino moves past stars

If it is true that different planets show up in the background, I think that is a stylistic choice, and nevertheless there is the massive distance to them to consider. In any case, I am getting tired of this discussion. It seems irrational to me.

Antvasima said:
If it is true that different planets show up in the background, I think that is a stylistic choice, and nevertheless there is the massive distance to them to consider. In any case, I am getting tired of this discussion. It seems irrational to me.
I still feel like the feats are worth considering though, because he does move past Earth and many other planets of comparable sizes.

Well, all that I see is that he moves over small walking distance areas. That makes any such claims extremely doubtful.

Antvasima said:
Well, all that I see is that he moves over small walking distance areas. That makes any such claims extremely doubtful.
Then can his speed be changed to unknown along with the reasoning?

I changed it to unknown. The reasoning seems flawed however.

The distance travelled in the foreground is simply inconsistent with the distance in the background.

If he travels a hundred meters forward with the camera following him at the same angle, logically the background should practically stay still, considering the size of said objects, but it doesn't

Said inconsistency makes the entire scenes extremely unreliable.

I noticed that and my best answer for it is Picasso scaling, because it doesn't change the fact that he passes through multiple planets throughout the level.

The same argument can easily be used in reverse. He moved very short distances on screen, and the rest was either cosmetic or he simply faced different directions as the lanscape curved. I am closing this thread now as it isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back