• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I saw that there are two things wrong with Adam's main skill.

Name
The name of the skill here on the wiki is "Eyes of the Lord". But this is an incorrect translation.

Raw - 神かみ虚うつ視

This is more or less translated as divine vision. So the name has to be changed to this or to the netflix translation, which became a divine reflection.

Power Mimicry
It was never mentioned in the work that Adam can copy any technique he sees, including that of the gods.

Raw 1 - もともと アダム は 神 の コピー ・・・ ゆえに 自分 が 見 た 神 の 技 は 全て 模倣 できる.

Which can be roughly translated as:
"Originally, Adam was a copy of God...so he could imitate all of God's techniques that he saw."

The translation may be a little wrong, but the intention is to show that in the original it is only said that he copies the techniques of the gods and not "any technique including that of the gods"

-

But some might say "Adam copied the serpent, so he can copy others besides the gods". Only this is wrong.

Raw 2 - 蛇 神 が 告発 !!

The translation looks like this:
The Serpent God Accused!!

In the original the serpent is called a god, so he just kept copying gods.

In short, Adam can copy divine techniques because he was made in the image and likeness of the gods, and he only copied divine techniques during the work and it was never said that he can copy techniques that are not from the gods.

Being redundant, as I said above, Adam's copying power comes from the fact that he was made in the image of the gods, and therefore he can copy their techniques. The origin of his power does not allow him to copy techniques that are not divine.

----------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

The name "Eyes of the Lord" has to be changed to Divine Vision or Divine Reflection. I don't care which of the two names it should be.

And the eyes' power mimicry must be switched to limited, as Adam can only copy divine beings.

That's fine with me, I have doubts about the name part of the technique.
The name part was confusing because you mixed extra Kanji in the actual Kanji used for the name of the ability. I don't think "Divine Vision" nor "Eyes of the Lord" are an accurate translation but Divine Vision technically makes sense in a flowery narrative sense. I think I would directly translate it as "Seeing Like the Gods" since it uses "Gods" + "Heavens" + a particle ending kanji for "seeing as".

Now I've never read this series, but nothing here says he couldn't copy non-Divine techniques. I find your translations to be spot on, especially how he was made as a copy of God and can copy the techniques of gods; however, why does this discredit him from non-God abilities? I assume God abilities would be superior to non-God abilities so why wouldn't he be able to copy "inferior" abilities if he can copy Godly abilities?

The name part was confusing because you mixed extra Kanji in the actual Kanji used for the name of the ability. I don't think "Divine Vision" nor "Eyes of the Lord" are an accurate translation but Divine Vision technically makes sense in a flowery narrative sense. I think I would directly translate it as "Seeing Like the Gods" since it uses "Gods" + "Heavens" + a particle ending kanji for "seeing as".

Now I've never read this series, but nothing here says he couldn't copy non-Divine techniques. I find your translations to be spot on, especially how he was made as a copy of God and can copy the techniques of gods; however, why does this discredit him from non-God abilities? I assume God abilities would be superior to non-God abilities so why wouldn't he be able to copy "inferior" abilities if he can copy Godly abilities?
Why can he copy the gods and their techniques? Why was he made in their image and likeness (referring to the bible).

During the work he only copies gods? Yes

It is not a matter of quality, but a specific matter of copying, Adam can copy the gods because he is a copy of them.

If the manga just said that he copies techniques or something, I would understand your question. The problem is that Adam's power is specific. He can copy the gods, as Adam is a copy of them, so he can copy their techniques. It's a more copy-specific thing, which is never contradicted in the manga.

I realize now that I mixed it up. There is also the Netflix translation "Divine Reflection"

Since "Divine Vision" isn't exactly right either, I think it's better to stick with "Divine Reflection". At least it's an official name, although I don't like it.

I guess the revision is fine.
Hello, I'm still relatively new to this thing of applying CRT. Last time a staff member who was a verse supporter helped me to apply the revision for me (but no staff members supporting the verse showed up).

So how exactly can I apply this revision?

@Dragonite007 The first change is the simplest is the name of Adam's power.

Anything labeled "Eyes of the Lord" should be changed to "Divine Reflection". At the bottom of the profile, under "Weaknesses", there is a "Notable Attacks/Techniques:" area. In this part there is an image of Adam along with the name of his power. In order not to confuse those who read the profile, this image has to be replaced by the raw one in Japanese. And of course, the name of your power in this part also has to be changed from "Eyes of the Lord" to "Divine Reflection" as well.

-
In the "Powers and Abilities" area the power mimicry also has to be changed to:

Limited Power Mimicry (Can copy any technique or ability of the gods he sees with Divine Reflection. This also allows him to copy biological transformations and powers)

The image attached in the first part has to be changed to this raw one, with the kanjis and a translation. The second part talking about biological powers and transformations will not be changed.

-
Now the last part that has to be changed is the Divine Reflection description in the "Attack/Notable Techniques:" area. It's not all the text that will be changed, it's just the first part.

Divine Reflection: Adam's special technique that he was gifted with for being made in the image of God. With it, Adam can copy all the techniques and abilities of the gods that his eyes once lay, regardless of their speed and power.

The rest of the text would remain the same, but I have a doubt in this part.
"The Eyes of the Lord enables Adam to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods. By seeing through his opponents' techniques this does not only provide Adam the means to dodge their attacks..."

In this CRT it was only discussed the ability to copy the Divine Reflection to just copy techniques and abilities of the gods. But it wasn't discussed whether he can use Divine Reflection as a means of dodging non-divine techniques, and since this is never specified in the work as the ability to copy gods from Divine Reflection, I don't know if that part of the text has to be changed to specify that he can only do this against the gods' techniques and abilities.

Do you think this should be discussed here or on another CRT?

-
That aside, I think that's all that's going to change in the profile.

Done

The rest of the text would remain the same, but I have a doubt in this part.
"The Eyes of the Lord enables Adam to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods. By seeing through his opponents' techniques this does not only provide Adam the means to dodge their attacks..."

In this CRT it was only discussed the ability to copy the Divine Reflection to just copy techniques and abilities of the gods. But it wasn't discussed whether he can use Divine Reflection as a means of dodging non-divine techniques, and since this is never specified in the work as the ability to copy gods from Divine Reflection, I don't know if that part of the text has to be changed to specify that he can only do this against the gods' techniques and abilities.

Do you think this should be discussed here or on another CRT?

-
That aside, I think that's all that's going to change in the profile.
About this part, I'm not sure about this

Done
You forgot a few things in that part:

Divine Reflection: Adam's special technique that he was gifted with for being made in the image of God. With it, Adam can copy every technique and ability his eyes lay upon once regardless of its speed and power. The Eyes of the Lord enables Adam to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods.

Here you forgot to specify that it is from the gods. This refers to copying power, so it has to be changed to copy specific gods.
"With it, Adam can copy every technique and ability his eyes lay upon once regardless of its speed and power."
"With it, Adam can copy all the techniques and abilities of the gods that his eyes once lay, regardless of their speed and power."

-
Here you forgot to change "The Eyes of the Lord" to "Divine Reflection"
"The Eyes of the Lord enables Adam to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods."

_
In the "Speed" section, "Eyes of the Lord" was also missing switch to "Divine Reflection"

-
I think that's all that needed to be changed.

Last edited:
You forgot a few things in that part:

Divine Reflection: Adam's special technique that he was gifted with for being made in the image of God. With it, Adam can copy every technique and ability his eyes lay upon once regardless of its speed and power. The Eyes of the Lord enables Adam to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods.

Here you forgot to specify that it is from the gods. This refers to copying power, so it has to be changed to copy specific gods.
"With it, Adam can copy every technique and ability his eyes lay upon once regardless of its speed and power."
"With it, Adam can copy all the techniques and abilities of the gods that his eyes once lay, regardless of their speed and power."

-
Here you forgot to change "The Eyes of the Lord" to "Divine Reflection"
"The Eyes of the Lord enables Adam to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods."

_
In the "Speed" section, "Eyes of the Lord" was also missing switch to "Divine Reflection"

-
I think that's all that needed to be changed.
Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back