• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Divine Reflection Revision Part 2

Hello, this CRT is kind of a continuation of this CRT. We can say that it is a part 2.

-

During the previous CRT, I noticed something that I think needs to be discussed and that although it involves Divine Reflection, it does not involve power mimicry. So I decided to make a separate CRT to be better for the discussion

In the "Notable Attacks/Techniques:" section of Adam, in a part of the text describing the Divine Reflection, the following is written:
"Divine Reflection enables Adam to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods. By seeing through his opponents' techniques this does not only provide Adam the means to dodge their attacks..."

This part of the text explains that Adam can use Divine Reflection as a means of dodging enemy attacks, however the part "to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods." has to be discussed. In the previous topic I showed how Divine Reflection can only copy divine techniques and abilities and how this fits in with the origin of Adam's "Divine Reflection" power.

The matter to be discussed is whether Adam can only see through divine techniques and consequently can only use Divine Reflection as a means of dodging the attacks of gods/divines techniques and abilities.

This is very important, as in Adam's "Speed" section, the values "Massively FTL+, possibly Infinite" as far as I know, is related to Divine Reflection and his ability to see through these attacks and thus have a means to dodge them.

This is shown during Zeus' "The Fist That Surpassed Time", where at first Adam is "paralyzed" like the rest of the cast, and then copies Zeus' technique and uses it against him. Even Hermes has a theory that at the same moment or an instant later, Adam copied Zeus's technique and then dodged Zeus's attack. Hinting that maybe for him to dodge attacks with Divine Reflection, Adam has to copy them first.

In addition to what I said, given the origin of Adam's Divine Reflection and with the thing that he can only copy divine techniques and abilities, it is supposed that the additional skill of dodge is limited as well, since it is a skill that is part of the Divine Reflection, which is specifically related to seeing through divine techniques and abilities. However, this "extra" ability of Divine Reflection has never been directly and explicitly talked about, and there's nothing to say if it has any specifics to it. It has only ever been talked about the power mimicry of Divine Reflection and how it is related to divine techniques and abilities.

-

Honestly, personally I'm neutral, inclined to think that using Divine Reflection as a means to dodge attacks is only limited to divine techniques and abilities as well. So I would like more people to give their opinions about it, to generate a discussion about it, as I myself am not 100% sure what to think about it.

I don't currently agree with it only being limited to divine attacks, nor do i believe Adam needed to actively copy Zeus's punch to dodge it, i'll explain why in more depth later.

Hello, this CRT is kind of a continuation of this CRT. We can say that it is a part 2.

-

During the previous CRT, I noticed something that I think needs to be discussed and that although it involves Divine Reflection, it does not involve power mimicry. So I decided to make a separate CRT to be better for the discussion

In the "Notable Attacks/Techniques:" section of Adam, in a part of the text describing the Divine Reflection, the following is written:
"Divine Reflection enables Adam to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods. By seeing through his opponents' techniques this does not only provide Adam the means to dodge their attacks..."

This part of the text explains that Adam can use Divine Reflection as a means of dodging enemy attacks, however the part "to see through his opponents' techniques even if they're Gods." has to be discussed. In the previous topic I showed how Divine Reflection can only copy divine techniques and abilities and how this fits in with the origin of Adam's "Divine Reflection" power.

The matter to be discussed is whether Adam can only see through divine techniques and consequently can only use Divine Reflection as a means of dodging the attacks of gods/divines techniques and abilities.

This is very important, as in Adam's "Speed" section, the values "Massively FTL+, possibly Infinite" as far as I know, is related to Divine Reflection and his ability to see through these attacks and thus have a means to dodge them.

This is shown during Zeus' "The Fist That Surpassed Time", where at first Adam is "paralyzed" like the rest of the cast, and then copies Zeus' technique and uses it against him. Even Hermes has a theory that at the same moment or an instant later, Adam copied Zeus's technique and then dodged Zeus's attack. Hinting that maybe for him to dodge attacks with Divine Reflection, Adam has to copy them first.

In addition to what I said, given the origin of Adam's Divine Reflection and with the thing that he can only copy divine techniques and abilities, it is supposed that the additional skill of dodge is limited as well, since it is a skill that is part of the Divine Reflection, which is specifically related to seeing through divine techniques and abilities. However, this "extra" ability of Divine Reflection has never been directly and explicitly talked about, and there's nothing to say if it has any specifics to it. It has only ever been talked about the power mimicry of Divine Reflection and how it is related to divine techniques and abilities.

-

Honestly, personally I'm neutral, inclined to think that using Divine Reflection as a means to dodge attacks is only limited to divine techniques and abilities as well. So I would like more people to give their opinions about it, to generate a discussion about it, as I myself am not 100% sure what to think about it.
about the speed of Adam and Zeus wouldn't that punch be a stop in time? Because literally for other people's time, so it should be a skill instead of quoting as infinite speed?

about the speed of Adam and Zeus wouldn't that punch be a stop in time? Because literally for other people's time, so it should be a skill instead of quoting as infinite speed?
Why would it be? Just like the other punches and kicks, the fist that exceeds time has an equal counter, only here we don't know if it was finite or not. If it was finite it's MFTL+ if it was infinite then it's infinite speed since it was done in 0 time.

Everything around being paralyzed could be one more thing from the immense speed of the technique, since for someone at that speed, everything would be static anyway. And the name doesn't even matter because as has already been said, it was named by the will of Zeus.

Why would it be? Just like the other punches and kicks, the fist that exceeds time has an equal counter, only here we don't know if it was finite or not. If it was finite it's MFTL+ if it was infinite then it's infinite speed since it was done in 0 time.

Everything around being paralyzed could be one more thing from the immense speed of the technique, since for someone at that speed, everything would be static anyway. And the name doesn't even matter because as has already been said, it was named by the will of Zeus.
well, seems to make sense.

Back