• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wait, Copy Robot is copying Ditto? So he turns into Ditto?

In that case, Copy Robot wins due to better stamina.

Hold on. Can Ditto attack at all (physically, like punch, kick, tackle, etc)? Since his abilities is just to duplicate itself and steal abilities (according to his profile), I want to know.

If he can't attack at all, then I might switch to Inconclusive.

He can just transform or use struggle when he can no longer use transform (so when he is fighting another ditto)

So they'll just keep using Struggle to hit each other.

Ok, my vote for Copy Robot (due to better stamina) remains.

Doesn't Ditto have better durability with Metal Powder and better speed with Quick Powder? I'm not sure if Copy Robot copies those equipment &/or the statistical changes they grant to Ditto.

Also, to quote part of Copy Robot's Weaknesses Section: "Due to still ultimately being a robot reguardless of who they copy, they may not be able to copy abilities that require things like minds and souls."

Like most Pokemon, Ditto should have access to IQ Skills. However, beyond the name, I'm not sure they qualify as mind or soul based. (Also, the only relevant ones in Ditto's IQ Group of A seem to be Quick Dodger, Sure-Hit Attacker, PP Saver, All-Terrain Hiker, Multitalent, Map Surveyor, & the Item/Throwing/Catching related skills.)

As I alluded to above, I'm not sure Copy Robot would copy the durability Ditto has via Metal Powder, or the Speed via Quick Powder.

And would it even copy IQ Skills?

Ditto having Quick Dodger means it's better at Evading.

Sure-Hit Attacker means its regular attacks don't miss (Regular attacks in Mystery Dungeon being a very weak, typeless attack that isn't a move, & thus, is useable even if the Pokemon isn't resorting to Struggle yet.)

A generous interpretation of PP Saver is more stamina. Multitalent is similar. (Reducing PP useage & increasing max PP respectively.)

All-Terrain Hiker means Ditto can cross water & lava if present. Map Surveyor means it knows the layout of the location.

And Item Catcher, Item Master & Pierce Hurler mean Ditto can throw, as well as catch items, & even throw them such that they pierce enemies & obstacles.

So, does Copy Robot copy the effects of the items Ditto has? If not, Ditto has increase durability &/or speed.

Does Copy Robot copy IQ Skills? If not, Ditto evades better, attacks more accurately (If we assume it can use MD "regular attacks"), can move on terrain Copy Robot may not be able to, knows the layout & can have some range if there's anything that constitutes an item.

@ The Smashor: Pardon? To repeat what I quoted above, from Copy Robot's own profile:

"Due to still ultimately being a robot reguardless of who they copy, they may not be able to copy abilities that require things like minds and souls."

Now if it may not be able to copy things like minds, how is it copying knowledge?

And what do you mean it wouldn't have those items by SBA? If you mean, Quick Powder &/or Metal Powder:

Standard Equipment: Quick Powder (Doubles its speed), Metal Powder (Raises it's defense by 1.5x)

I'd think it'd have items listed as Standard Equipment. Things considered "items" obtainable on the battlefield may be present, but not something Ditto is in possession of, but those are different from Standard Equipment.

Taken from Copy Robot's profile:

Intelligence: At least Average. Is at least a competent fighter. They also gain all of the knowledge and intelligence of whoever they copy.

@Migue79: Ah. I missed that, thank you, sorry. Still that seems like a contradiction, that it may not be able to copy minds, yet copies knowledge, too. Has it ever copied a non-robot?

Imaginym said:
@Migue79: Ah. I missed that, thank you, sorry. Still that seems like a contradiction, that it may not be able to copy minds, yet copies knowledge, too. Has it ever copied a non-robot?
nope, it only copied Megaman, Rock(Megaman but without the armor), Protoman, Fireman, etc. all robots

It just means Copy Robot will know of Ditto's arsenal and combat strategies beforehand. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be able use them.

No. Only Robot Masters. Though I should mention that Robot Masters' 'wills' are very similar to that of sentient beings' minds. So, with Verse Equalization (stayed by SBA), if the move requires a mind he should be able to use it (hence, the 'MAY' in his weakness).

If it requires a soul though, then I'm afraid he can't copy it even with Verse Equalization because Robot Masters don't possess anything akin to that.

Well, IQ Skills aren't moves, I think. Moreso abilities that are passive or triggered that Pokemon can learn in the MD games.

In any case, I'd assume there's basis for Pokemon having souls, at the very least because Ghost types are a thing & there's probably been at least one Pokemon that's dead.

Heck, Acerola in the anime has a Mimikyu that is actually dead.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Acerola#On_hand

This Shiny Mimikyu, known as Mimikins (Japanese: ÒâƒÒâƒÒüƒÒéô Mimi-ta), is Acerola's first known Pokémon. Being the ghost of a deceased Mimikyu, Mimikins is able to float and pass through solid objects.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ditto have souls, too.

'course, if Copy Robot can't turn into Ditto (And this assumes Ditto didn't transform before.), then Ditto turning into Copy Robot turns it into a stalemate.

Is Copy Robot untransformed comparable Mega_Man_(Classic)? If so, Ditto turning into that would be a 5-A, but so would Copy Robot.

So that brings up the question of if Ditto keeps its IQ Skills while Transformed. If it does, it MIGHT have a chance; Copy Robot has limitless stamina, but it can still be incapacitated via destruction of its body, which fighting more skillfully may allow.

If Copy Robot turns into Ditto before Ditto becomes Copy Robot (Effectively Ditto vs Ditto), there's the question of it gains the effects of any powders present on Ditto, too. But I doubt this'll come up, given the thing about souls.

Then what is Copy Robot before it transformed into Megaman? What is it before it turns into its opponent?

And do we know how it copied other characters, then? Its profile says: "(Their power is the same as who they copy. When copying him, stated he was a perfect copy of Proto Ma."

So it didn't just copy Mega Man, but Proto Man, no?

Despite emerging from Megaman as a capsule, it just, whenever it went into a fight with someone, it copied them?

So: Emerge as copy of Megaman. Fight someone else, copy them, pre-copy state never shown, eh?

In any case, that's a conundrum.

Does Copy Robot enter this battle as a copy of Megaman or any such character?

Also, we haven't seen it transform into non-robots, if I'm reading this thread right. Only robots, so it's questionable if it could turn into Ditto.

If it can, it seems like it comes down to Copy Robot turning into Ditto, and then:

1. Does it copy the effects of Metal/Quick Powder, or does it only take on the properties of Ditto itself? I'm unsure. Copying the effects of a powder could be like copying that there's dirt on its opponent, or that they've got a chrome-spray, IMHO. Might or might not.

2. If it & Ditto can use Ditto's IQ Skills, it comes down to who's better at using them, where Ditto might have the experience advantage. If only Ditto can use Ditto's IQ Skills, it might have the edge.

Imaginym said:
Despite emerging from Megaman as a capsule, it just, whenever it went into a fight with someone, it copied them?
So: Emerge as copy of Megaman. Fight someone else, copy them, pre-copy state never shown, eh?
No, it emerged as a copy of that character, not only as a copy of megaman.

Just to be sure, I'm concerned with the Copy Robot's history in the continuity it originates from.

So, it emerged first as a copy of Megaman, then later had to use the capsule to emerge as a copy of another character?

Imaginym said:
Just to be sure, I'm concerned with the Copy Robot's history in the continuity it originates from.
So, it emerged first as a copy of Megaman, then later had to use the capsule to emerge as a copy of another character?
In Megaman 1 it emerged out of the capsule as megaman. On Megaman Powered-Up, a sort of remake of the first game with new playable characters, it emerges out of the capsule as the character the player is using.

Ahhh, thank you for the information. I assumed it made multiple appearances. Anyway, I think there's still the issues of it never turning into non-robots, the Powders Ditto might have, & IQ Skills.

Back