• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance betwen Reiokyu and Seireitei

We can't use scaling like that without statements

This would be the equivalent of me saying Kakashi part 1 is a lightning timer so Naruto planet is several million kilometers wide cause it takes him 3 days to travel from country to country, it's essentially the same inflation as calc stacking which is why Calc stacking is banned in the first place

It was just an example

but the point is that that calc uses exactly the reason why calc stacking isn't allowed

Yeah I fully back Tata there as well. It is a form of calc stacking and that leads to all sorts of problems imho.

Xulrev said:
USklaverei said:
The diameter accepted pro Seireitei is 1018 km, the radius is 509 km.
Oh is it? I misread then, I thought the diameter was 1018, then yup plug in 509 instead of half that, or half that if you presume Ichigo took a couple seconds.
So, double my number. Almost 17 million km then, about 2% of an AU.
This seems fine by me.

i don't see the problem here

ichigo is faster than lighting casually and have been stated multiple times to have days if not months of stamina.

no air friction/resistance can be used as an argument because of his special clothes

so we just use the accepted speed of lightning this site use and aply to the time ichigo took to arrive , it's easy .

Naeblis495 said:
ichigo is faster than lighting casually and have been stated multiple times to have days if not months of stamina.

no air friction/resistance can be used as an argument because of his special clothes

so we just use the accepted speed of lightning this site use and aply to the time ichigo took to arrive , it's easy .
It's not that easy

How is it Calc Stacking ? Are they assuming that Ichigo stopped in mid air Even though it is impossible for Shinigami to fly in the Soul Society and in the Reiokyu ?

This ain't adding up !

Dangai Ichigo said:
Naeblis495 said:

It's not that easy
it's easy enough for a low ball .

we have multiple statement and argument for ichigo not slowing down where there only supositions with no basis for the fact that he slowed down mid way .

Dangai Ichigo said:
How is it Calc Stacking ? Are they assuming that Ichigo stopped in mid air Even though it is impossible for Shinigami to fly in the Soul Society and in the Reiokyu ?

This ain't adding up !
They can normally fly in Soul Society, the reason they couldn't is because of the Vadenreich and later Warwelch rendering them incapable of creating footholds in the air.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
In the wise words of Ikkaku:
"I'm not flying, I'm standing."
Some sort of Bleach expert YOU are; clearly the linked scans says "I'm not flying. This is standing ."

Jokes aside, is there any reason the Distance issue shouldn't be considered settled? Has anyone asked for more input? The calc stacking thing was a non-factor unless several Calc Group Members pop in to disagree, and anything else was pretty vacuous as far as opposition is considered.

From what I can tell the series of calcs is:

1) Calcing Seireitei's size based on a statement.

2) Calcing Ichigo's speed based on that size.

3) Calcing the distance from Seireitei to the Royal Palace based on Ichigo's speed.

4) Calcing Mimihagi's speed based on that distance.

Whether it qualifies as calc-stacking or not, I don't personally know.

I think you're simply ignoring the fact that this talent that Ichigo was performing while he was traveling, is uninterrupted. All this is only a feat.

According to its logic, then we can not calculate the Gremmy Meteor for the same reason, since we use the size of Seireitei and then we calculate the Meteor.
Lance and Cero Oscuras also can not be used, since if you follow its logic, it will also be stacked.

I think we'll have to update a lot in wiki.

What US said. The only thing that might be considered calc stacking is Mimi's speed being derived from a distance gotten via Ichigo's speed.

If people don't like that, we can simply calc Ichigo as starting at mach 1 and just slap the accelaration of gravity on him for the duration of the fall since his robes ignored friction.

Do his robes ignore friction? I just thought they protected him from friction?

AnonymousBlank said:
The only thing that might be considered calc stacking is Mimi's speed being derived from a distance gotten via Ichigo's speed.
Using an accepted distance to calc isn't calc stacking much like how using an accepted size to calc isn't calc stacking.

so we are going with USklaverei's method?constant acceleration is good as a safe end

i get the possibility that he might have reached his max speed during the journey,but that would only suggest higher results

I personally think the value for Ichigo's Seireitei-crossing-jaunt is the safest value to use; I'm open to argumentation of that point but it's a solid lowball.

Using an accepted distance to calc isn't calc stacking much like how using an accepted size to calc isn't calc stacking.

Mm. The reason for that is because it's static and doesn't change,unlike poeples power levels or techniques or all the other variables you need to consider.

I'm still rather confused as to how measuring one feat is stacking a calc to itself when you're measuring one quantifiable feat, however. There need to be something to stack, which is difficult when it's one contiguous, uninterrupted feat.

So how, precisely and specifically, is this calc stacking in this instance? And why would so many other Calc Group members disagree/how is their reasoning wrong?

Problem is Crimson didn't specify what calc he was talking about either. The OP's or Apples.

The method 2 in the OP is fine. Calc stacking requires 2 calcs to be stacked. There is only one feat occuring and here there is nothing to be stacked.

I have seen the reasoning for it being calc stacking before and, as someone who has browsed and lurked both here and OBD (which was and still probably is the best when it comes to scrutiny and calc standards) this would not be a issue. Simply because, well, where's the calc stacking?

Irrelevent points like it occuring offscreen or the fact it spanned 30 chapters feels like a desperate ploy to deny a legitimate feat at all costs and a attempt to create a false negative image to undermine it's legitimacy. Please don't pretend we're being lenient or fair with the current distance between the palace and seireitei, it's lowballed to depths the deepest oceans wouldn't reach seeing as the assumption for Ichigos speed is he just fell for seven days. So I implore you to open your mind to other possibilities and not just mentally block it out.

There is also Xulrev's method which could be further explored if need be, but i'm still in favour of the OP's second method.

Back