• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dismas tries to let it go........

This is a stupid idea.

Plot: Dismas is chilling at the hamlet, Elsa freezes his drink. After a long trek in the Warrens Dismas is needless to say quite annoyed, they take it outside.

Both are Bloodlusted, Highwayman has no optional equipment and is 9-A, they start about 20 metres apart. Speed equal, SBA is in effect

My way or the highway: 2

Let it go: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
It is an interesting matchup. Clearly, the key is that whose attack successfully hit opponent first (since the two can one-shot their opponents)

It is clearly The Highwayman has more combat experiences. Since both combatants are at their opponents' attack range, The Highwayman's hax such as Danmaku, Stealth Mastery and Mind Manipulation would give him more chance to win.

I don’t know. I wouldn’t underestimate Elsa. Bloodlusted, they could probably induce that Tier 6 Environmental Destruction, and, yes, while it’s Environmental Destruction and by definition shouldn’t harm the opponent, this has been known to create Summons such as Marshmallow and other living snowmen that defend her, or create Blizzards and strong winds that blind the opponent and can harm the opponent. However, Speed’s not equal, meaning Highwayman has a solid speed advantage here.

How does Highway Man’s hax work? Is it thought based, or otherwise? Iirc Elsa froze Arendel without even trying to, meaning their abilities could very likely be Passive in nature, which could be very troublesome for Highway Man seeing as how that ability creates strong Summons.

(Note: I’m not very knowledgable on either verse and am just trying to support the debate through memory. If someone more knowledgable would like to come along, don’t be shy.)

Last edited:
Highwayman is basically a pretty skilled guy with a gun and a dagger, his stealth is pretty damn good as well being able to fool various enemies like experienced brigands up to eldritch monsters.

Wait forgot to mention speed is equal, otherwise HWM would likely just blitz as iirc he's nearly FTL from his calc

Skill isn’t an auto-win. Elsa has Hax such as Summoning, Freezing and its somewhat passive seeing as how she can freeze an entire city without trying. No one’s explained how Highway Man’s powers even work.

The madness type 2 and 3 are only resistances.Same goes with empathetic manipulation.

I’m not sure about the others.Last time I check he can only induce bleeding with attacks.

Oh, pfft, I thought those were actual powers. That’s my bad then.
Well, both are Bloodlusted. Elsa can easily create a giant storm in a moments notice, which would probably blind Highwayman and the Ice Magic would have the potential to create Allies for Elsa to help fight. How good’s Highwayman at shooting inside a Blizzard?

Yeah Open Vein makes you bleed out and no he can't make skeletons bleed that's just gameplay stuff, Danmaku is via Grapeshot Blast and other stuff.

HWM's aim is pretty dang good I'd say, he's got a move called Tracking Shot that actually negates foes who hide in stealth and buffs his stats. Plus prior to joining the Hamlet he frequently did ambushes in the dead of night on caravans and likely worse environments all by himself until he ended up gunning a woman and kid by accident. He can also shoot in pitch blackness fairly well (Everything in Darkest Dungeon is pretty much RNG'd as a gameplay mechanic 99 percent of the time) as light is a game mechanic where the darker it is the more dangerous things get but you get more loot.

EDIT: The first trailer for Darkest Dungeon 2 has HWM and other heroes looking at a big icy mountain, so him shooting in a blizzard is a likely thing I guess?

Last edited:
Both are bloodlusted, and Highwayman can not only take down Elsa with some ease due to her wall-level durability, but he can also make her bleed with Open Vein, and overwhelm her and anything she summons with Grapeshot Blast. Considering everything that he's gone through, I don't think a blizzard would hinder him by a lot. My vote goes to everyone's favorite bandit bro.

Open vein requires HWM to get into CQC, though he typically prefers ranged combat based off his typical set up. (2 HWM with Duellist's Advance and Point Blank Shot melts anything in game tho its an insane strat)

Ah, so a Blizzard won’t do much. Elsa’s also no stranger to creating Ice Walls to block projectiles though. In fact, the instant Hans and his men shot at her, she created a wall of Ice to block the attacks and would’ve nearly killed everyone had Hans not talked her down- which, safe to say, probably won’t happen in a Bloodlust match.
The Blizzard that her Ice Powers create may not do much to injure (or apparently detain) the Highwayman, but I doubt he can shoot through Snowmen which should at least be comparable to her Ice Powers (which are about 7-C- Marshmallow had to be killed by dropping it down a cliff iirc). It should also screw around with the Highwayman with prolonged exposure, as nothing good can happen by standing inside a Blizzard.

Fair I've never watched the film but I vaguely recall Elsa blocking a projectile in a trailer or smth.

Should say HWM has pretty good stealth, he can straight up vanish into thin air and fool things from dogs with rabies to straight up eldritch monsters so he could possibly sneak attack Elsa there no?

Open vein requires HWM to get into CQC, though he typically prefers ranged combat based off his typical set up. (2 HWM with Duellist's Advance and Point Blank Shot melts anything in game tho its an insane strat)

Ah, my bad then.
The Blizzard that her Ice Powers create may not do much to injure (or apparently detain) the Highwayman, but I doubt he can shoot through Snowmen which should at least be comparable to her Ice Powers (which are about 7-C- Marshmallow had to be killed by dropping it down a cliff iirc). It should also screw around with the Highwayman with prolonged exposure, as nothing good can happen by standing inside a Blizzard.

In the fight at her castle, one of Marshmallow's legs were actually easily dismembered by a single slash from Hans' sword, so her summons aren't actually that strong if something like an ordinary medieval sword is capable of cutting through them. Elsa's ice walls also won't stop Highwayman from coming up with a different way to shoot her as well.

Hm. I didn’t account for Stealth- Elsa has practically no defense against Sneak Attacks, and disappearing in thin air is impressive, let alone while a giant Blizzard would be going on. I don’t really think there’s much Elsa can do against that.

I got his stealth mixed up with Grave Robber, HWM doesn't actually have any skills that let him activate the stealth status effect. Generally its mostly used by enemies in game, HWM has Tracking Shot that lets him negate that status effect.

That being said while he has no in game ability that lets him hide it should be noted that his backstory comic implies that HWM was ambushing caravans all on his lonesome in the dead of night, so while he can't exactly have an ability that lets him hide per se he should be still adept at hiding

Back