• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion Rules lil Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permission granted by @Antvasima

This is very simple. So I think a little precision should be added to the discussion rules concerning the number of staff approval required to make a CRT pass. I've seen many people think they need 3 staff approval to make CRT pass when the rule only applies to popular verses

In cases where the series verse has a significant following or a large amount of material has been published based on its content, it may be necessary to seek approval from a minimum of three staff members to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed revisions.

As minor/less popular verses only 2
In order to ensure that all revisions are thoroughly reviewed and approved, it is necessary for a minimum of two staff members to sign off on any proposed changes. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Administrators, and Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.

So I think some precision should be added to the 3 staff rule, by giving examples of popular verses who would need their CRTs to get 3 staff approval at minimum. Like this

In cases where the series verse has a significant following or a large amount of material has been published based on its content, it may be necessary to seek approval from a minimum of three staff members to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed revisions.
(Example: Marvel Cinematic Universe, Ben 10, Sonic (Main Continuity), Kirby, Mario Bros)

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus @Planck69 (Agree with 2 minimum examples), @Mr. Bambu
Disagree:
Neutral/L idea: @DontTalkDT, @IdiosyncraticLawyer

Last edited:
I'm neutral I guess.

I can't imagine the examples help, as, if any part of this is ambiguous, it's what the lower boundary of significant following/lots of materials is. All the mentioned examples are so big that they don't really aid in clarifying that.

I'm neutral I guess.

I can't imagine the examples help, as, if any part of this is ambiguous, it's what the lower boundary of significant following/lots of materials is. All the mentioned examples are so big that they don't really aid in clarifying that.
Do you think we should add "smaller" big verse example then? And would a verse like Ben 10 count?

Can somebody summarise then suggested changes here compared to our current rules please? 🙏

Can somebody summarise then suggested changes here compared to our current rules please? 🙏
Basically to give an example of verses that would require 3 staff approval to get their CRT accepted. Vzearr is suggesting we name every verses that would fit this rule, and KingTempest is questionning why those popular verse requires 3 staff approval when they can barely get 1

Basically to give an example of verses that would require 3 staff approval to get their CRT accepted. Vzearr is suggesting we name every verses that would fit this rule, and KingTempest is questionning why those popular verse requires 3 staff approval when they can barely get 1
@Antvasima

Thank you. 🙏

I personally do not think that seems necessary.

Thank you. 🙏

I personally do not think that seems necessary.
I also agree that it's unnecessary. @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr. Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Just_a_Random_Butler @Agnaa @DarkGrath @Dereck03 @Planck69 What do you think about this?

(Example: Marvel Cinematic Universe, Ben 10, Sonic (Main Continuity), Kirby, Mario Bros)
For this section, Dragon Ball, Marvel Comics, and DC Comics should probably be the top 3 that come to mind. With HST verses and One Punch Man being next on the list. But otherwise, the proposals seem fine.

We can barely get 1 staff member for popular verses why the hell would we push it to 3?
Necessity. A checks and balance system is absolutely fundamentally necessary. No major verse should have revisions passed on the whims of a single staff member. This is the status quo and how it should be.

I do not agree that listing out every single verse that requires this is a good idea, although noting that a verse is under such restrictions may be beneficial. Creating an exhaustive list and saying "and no more" seems to me likely to leave holes.

Yeah, I think 2 still being good for obscure verses; or 1 should only be good if there is like one staff approval followed by long periods of radio silence due to pure obscurity or lack of interest (To be fair, the only time that may happen is if it happens to be a verse reeking of cringe but still allowed via guidelines).

I do not agree that listing out every single verse that requires this is a good idea, although noting that a verse is under such restrictions may be beneficial. Creating an exhaustive list and saying "and no more" seems to me likely to leave holes.
Would you (and any staff in here) agree with listing 5-8 examples or less at most ?

2 minimum is fine. As for examples, we could probably list a few and make it clear that what counts as popular and controversial may be subject to further discretion from staff, but I don't feel too strongly about it.

Would you (and any staff in here) agree with listing 5-8 examples or less at most ?
Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, God of War, Devil May Cry. I think all of these are reasonably verses that should receive more attention as a requirement. Others occur, but as you've said "at most", I will acquiesce.

Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, God of War, Devil May Cry. I think all of these are reasonably verses that should receive more attention as a requirement. Others occur, but as you've said "at most", I will acquiesce.
I agree with that tbh, tho I would also include Honkai Star Trail like DDM mentionned

I agree with that tbh, tho I would also include Honkai Star Trail like DDM mentionned
Honkai is a franchise with little recognition and significance compared to such metaseries like DC, Marvel, DB, etc. So adding it to the rooster wouldn’t be necessary, considering the verse does not have much staff interest.

I don't think we need to get engaged in the hyper-specifics. I was asked to name examples were we to go through with spelling out specifics, and I did so. I imagine the process could be handled on an individual verse-by-verse basis when we get to the point of this being an actual rule.

I don't think we need to get engaged in the hyper-specifics. I was asked to name examples were we to go through with spelling out specifics, and I did so. I imagine the process could be handled on an individual verse-by-verse basis when we get to the point of this being an actual rule.
Can we apply this since we got 3 agreements on around the same thing?

Interjecting to ask Staff to consider the following, after which I won't reply further; is it okay to include verses that are undergoing inevitable (and much needed) revisions for the 3-staff rule? Star Wars and Sailor Moon come to mind; and to a lesser extent Touhou Project due to how outdated it currently is. Though, I feel that the former two mentioned verses deserve more attention.

So, to sum up, these are the changes according to what was discussed:

Original Rule:

New Rule:
(Example: Naruto, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Dragon Ball, Devil May Cry, God of War, One Piece, Bleach)

welp we got a 1-4 situation so I think its safe to apply
I only have evaluation rights in the Joke Battles Wikia subforum, not the main one. I'm simply expressing that I have no desire to side with anyone and won't bring new arguments.

Interjecting to ask Staff to consider the following, after which I won't reply further; is it okay to include verses that are undergoing inevitable (and much needed) revisions for the 3-staff rule? Star Wars and Sailor Moon come to mind; and to a lesser extent Touhou Project due to how outdated it currently is. Though, I feel that the former two mentioned verses deserve more attention.
Whether a verse is broadly popular is not really the concern. Minecraft is the most popular video game of all time but it probably doesn't need three staff votes for a CRT. Our concern is in popularity (or more accurately, activity) within the battleboarding sphere of culture. If there is more inclination towards scaling something like Tensura than there is recognition of it abroad, we should focus on the fact that it is very notable within our sphere of work.

I don't know if Star Wars and Sailor Moon would really need three staff members. I'm on the fence regarding Touhou, given recent events, but I'd be inclined to say I think just two is fine. I say this acknowledging your actual point is more broad- these examples, if they are your concern, should probably not concern you.

Onto the broader point of whether verses with an ongoing effort to "fix" them should be included, my answer would be yes, I don't think that should exclude them if they otherwise fit our reckoning of a verse that should have a third set of eyes on them at a minimum.

Whether a verse is broadly popular is not really the concern. Minecraft is the most popular video game of all time but it probably doesn't need three staff votes for a CRT. Our concern is in popularity (or more accurately, activity) within the battleboarding sphere of culture. If there is more inclination towards scaling something like Tensura than there is recognition of it abroad, we should focus on the fact that it is very notable within our sphere of work.
Ye, I think the rule should be based on the popularity of the verse from within the site
I don't know if Star Wars and Sailor Moon would really need three staff members. I'm on the fence regarding Touhou, given recent events, but I'd be inclined to say I think just two is fine. I say this acknowledging your actual point is more broad- these examples, if they are your concern, should probably not concern you.
SW def doesn't get enough attention for allat

Yes, that is fine. Thank you for helping out. 🙏❤️

Yes, that is fine. Thank you for helping out. 🙏❤️
Done. Close this thread.

Okay. I will do so. Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙂❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back