• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussing the new SKP to SS Distance Calc

Have you asked all the calc group members to comment here?

USklaverei said:
Yes. Ichigo quotes that he would 'force' to get there as quickly as possible.
I don't see why that would indicate constant acceleration, though.

Given air resistance, stamina, maximum velocity etc. it is not like he necessarily was keeping at a constant acceleration or constant speed.

USklaverei said:
We have an initial and final velocity. That is, there is an acceleration.
What you're questioning does not make sense, basically, if Ichigo had hit other higher speeds during the course he would have insured. And it also does not make sense that it slow down during the course. As this does not depend on external, only internal factors, it and Ichigo's goal to get to Seireitei as soon as possible.

Knowing initial and final velocity does not indicate constant acceleration.

Stamina is a thing for example. It is possible that Ichigo could not have been able to go his top speed for the full 9 hours. Instead he could have moved slow for some distances to rest and then fast again when he had the stamina to do so.

To that comes that over a 9 hour intervall the fictional inconsistency is a thing, in my opinion.

What is the difference between calculating the speed of a projectile, and that very same speed to scale a character, and calculating the speed of a character dodging one attack, and apply that speed to the very next attack dodged?

The first is allowed, the second isn't. Why is that? The reason for that is that the projectile couldn't have changed speed over such a short timeframe, while the character could have changed its speed.

The possibility to change speed is essentially what constitutes the difference between "scenes", not timeframe or plot structure. And in that sense I would say this are different "scenes".

But the acceleration is for precisely to find this because it is the speed variation.

If it were to talk about vigor, it would be even easier for Ichigo, since he himself quotes that he would be able to run for 5 days in a row in a machine that drains the spiritual energy. This is, even before mastered Hollowfiction.

To say that "he could have moved slowly for some distance to rest" does not make the slightest sense. He said he'd hurry to get to Seireitei.
He also says that if he did, he could cross the distance at noon, but he did it faster than he expected.

So speaking that he slowed down during the course does not make sense. As I said above, if he had achieved a speed greater than that, he would have maintained.

I'm neutral, due to him being a far superhuman and superior to his previous state where he had the stamina to run for five days in a row without problems and having an armor, it's possible the he did not slowed down but it was not specified.

DontTalkDT said:
The first is allowed, the second isn't. Why is that? The reason for that is that the projectile couldn't have changed speed over such a short timeframe, while the character could have changed its speed.

The possibility to change speed is essentially what constitutes the difference between "scenes", not timeframe or plot structure. And in that sense I would say this are different "scenes".
This is my point too, i also agree with DontTalk

Just a question. If the problem is that we can assume that Ichigo is taking breaks and then accelerating again, wouldn't that simply mean that he is even faster than the calculation states for brief intervals?

Antvasima said:
Just a question. If the problem is that we can assume that Ichigo is taking breaks and then accelerating again, wouldn't that simply mean that he is even faster than the calculation states for brief intervals?
Ichigo did blitz characters that blitz lightning and light with ease.

Antvasima said:
No, as the distance will be shortened.

I don't have exactly a lot to add tbh, I think that it's calc stacking for the reasons that I explained.

Also, where exactly is Soul Society supposed to be located?

Because if the answer isn't "in outer space", that's another thing pointing towards calc stacking giving exaggerated results, it's 1341213098 m away, which means that the Moon would be closer to Earth than the SS.

SS and the SKP are supposed to be in different dimensions with 72 barriers separating them which you must physically travel through. For some reason people won't accept that they are in different dimensions and insist on it being in the same realm since its stated that the SKP is directly above the Seireitei.

I really don't like the argument that "it can't be that high because there are clouds", knowing that clouds are present within space to. But that's just my two cents.

Kaltias said:
I don't have exactly a lot to add tbh, I think that it's calc stacking for the reasons that I explained.
Kalitas, how can this be stacking?
Let's remember that Ichigo's feat is made during his trip.

Because it's using a speed feat and applying it to the entire fall, even if the speed feat itself is only a fraction of that.

And the freefall formula is unusable (and would actually result in a deceleration) as I explained above

@Peter

I can grant you that there are no clouds in outer space.

Regardless, if they are pocket dimensions or something, I guess the "space" issue isn't there

But we are not applying speed but acceleration.

Ichigo's initial speed was 0, his final speed was "X", so I found his acceleration multiplied by time.

Saying that Ichigo could have slowed down is totally meaningless, he came out saying he would hurry and even force it, so as I mentioned, if he had achieved a higher speed he would have maintained, it does not make sense for him to have lost speed , being in a hurry.

Until now:

I agree: 4 (Matthew, Tata, Dont, Kaltias)

Disagree: 3 (Spino, Ugo, Therefir)

Neutral: 1 (Dark)

This is still not resolved, because when were 3 to 1 you said you needed more entries, now need more than before.

Kaltias said:
Because it's using a speed feat and applying it to the entire fall, even if the speed feat itself is only a fraction of that.
And the freefall formula is unusable (and would actually result in a deceleration) as I explained above

@Peter

I can grant you that there are no clouds in outer space.

Regardless, if they are pocket dimensions or something, I guess the "space" issue isn't there
This has been explained several times than not.It's not using a speed feat,it's using the final velocity of ichigo's dive to get the distance.

We didn't even apply the final velocity to the entire fall.

If we did,this is what the results would have been.

• 45600*33300=1518480000 m
  • 91200*33300=3036960000 m
  • 228000*33300=7592400000 m
As you can see,it's literally higher than the one gotten in the blogs,which itself isn't stacking,as all we did was find the find the final velocity of ichigo's fall to get the distance.

Kaltias said:

Also, where exactly is Soul Society supposed to be located?

Because if the answer isn't "in outer space", that's another thing pointing towards calc stacking giving exaggerated results, it's 1341213098 m away, which means that the Moon would be closer to Earth than the SS.
Soul Society is the "World" of the dead. (Souls/afterlife) Databook says and shows all three worlds as been the same size. (World of the living, Soul Society and Hueco Mundo.) Now Soul King Palace is a floating Island located in another dimension which can only be access through a Soul King Key to open or break 72 physical barriers to reach the destination.

There is no mention of Soul Society been a planet, just a world, however, we have seen stars, a sun, a moon, and galaxies in Soul Society outerspace. Ichigo was trying to reach Seireitei, not Soul Society itself. Seireitei is a city located on Soul Society.

How strong is Aura? In her weakened state, she is holding the recreated version of the Soul King Palace from falling which she also created in the first place as Yhwach did. (She recreated the old version, not the one Yhwach made.)

Back