• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The reason why the quill's not listed on his profile is because no, he doesn't. He doesn't even have it, it's in the Wish Realm with Henry (the Author).

The Archdemon said:
Rumple resisted law manip based powernulling, from Hades, as I said before.
You said another version resisted didn't you? I wasn't 100% certain if that applied to this one. I mean, I'm very sure it does, but I just have to be certain. Anyways, since he resists Discord's opening move and can incap with a thought, then this is a stomp.

Wait, is it? I mean, I don't actually understand how you guys classify things. I bet Discord has his ways of winning (and is probably stronger APwise, though I'm not sure), it's just his leading move is failing here. That would make it decisive, wouldn't it? I really don't get how these things work.

Discord needs to have a way to put Rumple down which he doesn't. Rumple resists Reality Warping, of which Discord's powers derive from. That's the definition of being a stomp.

Discord could still one-shot Rumple via sheer AP, since his dura's only High 6-B without shields. Granted he's immortal, but that gap should be enough to incapacitate Rumple's body APwise. Now,if he wouldn't do it, it's another story, I guess.

It absolutely is not. Sorry. But, if AP can't be used he don't have a way to win and if he don't got a way to win then this is a stompity.

No, that's not how it works. He can win via AP and such, but won't have time to. Completely different from not having a way at all.

He doesn't have a way to win. And no one cares if he has a way to win either way. Merely having a way to win isn't enough to keep a fight from being a stomp. It has to be a reasonable way to win. The way to win actually has to be viable. It has to be something doable.

We treat fights with passives as stomps if the passives instantly incap the other guy before he can do something. So, yeah, having time to use your abilities does determine whether or not a fight is a stomp.

Call a Mod or an Adm to clarify. I strongly believe this kind of fight would make things decisive, not stompish.

That quote pertains to the party that's activating their hax first, which is Rumple. Nowhere does it state anything in regard to the speeds having to be directly comparable. Also, if Discord can do energy blasts or can engulf them in something, it doesn't have to be with just punching. This match is simply decisive, it's not a stomp because Discord does have a valid win condition.

Lightbuster30 said:
Blasts and energy have to travel and speed is equal. He doesn't ahve a wincon.
This implies Rumple is going to absolutely avoid everything that is going to be thrown at him and Discord cannot land a single hit. That is incredibly unrealistic, speed equal doesn't change that condition if Discord can effectively use something like AoE to his advantage too. He has a wincon unless there's something like Rumple adapts to have a higher AP, the blasts can't interact with Rumple, etc.

He doesn't have to dodge. He has to think. And it's supposedly his opening move. Meanwhile Discord has to charge and aim to blast, or get close and punch. That's it. Discord will not get the chance to use his AP. There's no time for him to use it. He'll get pocket dimensioned and nulled before he even thinks to punch or do anything in general. Now idk about you, but I can't possibly see Dissy pulling a win out of his hat like that.

He thinks for his win condition of Sealing, I'm talking about in regard of Discord's AP being able to be used to affect Rumple. That falls under what a decisive match is once again, you're just giving a case for Rumple's hax acting more reliably to go off first for the win. This doesn't change there's a wincon via AP in which as long as there is a potential condition to win, that's all that matters.

"Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first."

Thought-based sealing = More reliable winning move first

AP stomp = Less reliable option

If you have a problem with the conditions of what qualifies as a Decisive Match, you need to make a revision for the Stomp Thread page. What you're describing will simply fall under a Decisive Match irregardless of how you keep trying to shape this.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Also I'm pretty sure it was said awhile ago that out of character wincons don't count as wincons.
Is it out of character for Discord to not go for a single physical option and for him to be dumb enough to spam the exact same thing if it's not working?

I mean he never does a physical attack in the show. He always tries to beat his opponents via hax. But if Rumple's hax kill him immediately then he wouldn't even have the chance to do a physical attack.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I mean he never does a physical attack in the show. He always tries to beat his opponents via hax. But if Rumple's hax kill him immediately then he wouldn't even have the chance to do a physical attack.
Energy blasts count as hax too so that doesn't seem out of character. Again, are you saying he would be dumb enough to where he wouldn't try such an option? We should also try to clarify how good Rumple's resistance to Reality Warping is. Reality Warping is very broad in application. We're going back full circle that it just means Rumple has a more reliable activation for winning. Again, if you have a problem of what counts as a decisive match, you need to make a thread addressing it. What you are describing is literally addressed as not being a stomp thread.

He never energy blasts either. I mean, he uses them for transfiguration and his other hax, but he's literally never used them to hurt someone like other people do. He's always used his hax/reality warping to defend himself or attack. He never hasn't.

Lightbuster30 said:
He never energy blasts either. I mean, he uses them for transfiguration, but he's literally never used them to hurt someone. He's always used his hax. He never hasn't.
Okay then, now are you telling me still that Discord is dumb and won't even consider using something if he knows his abilities won't work? This just sounds like a case of intelligence unless he's experienced this in-universe and he just decided to give up or something.

It is. He's never used his ap as a means of attack, always his RW and nothing else. Ever. Doesn't matter how stupid a character is with their powers. If it's not something they would ever realistically do in a fight, it counts as a stomp. And, yes, I've seen staff say stuff along these lines on other verses threads. I'm not good with words, but it's roughly along those lines.

KingOFG said:
I'm not seeing any resistance in his profile.
It doesn't matter if it's not on profile. He can remain conscious despite having his nervous system turned into non-functioning stone against his will. Discord can also use his reality warping via thinking. So speaking logically, the only way transfiguration would work is if it deactivated his powers. Otherwise, the guy who transmutes himself all the time is going to transmute back.

Though, this is happening way too much. Should probably make a crt.

It does. When Rumplestiltskin turn the Evil Queen into another person she becomes unable to use magic. Wizards inferior to Rumplestiltskin like Gideon also nullify powers through transmutation.

Can the queen transform into other things via thought? Because if not, she may have simply not been able to gesturize to make the spell to turn herself back.

Back