• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the resistances are gameplay mechanics then they would need to be removed from Miraak and The Ebony Warrior's profile because they currently have resistances due to resisting daedric artifacts.

"All daedric artefacts don't scale to High 1-B, no one is even arguing that. But most of them do scale to Low 2-C because of Savior's Hide."

That implies any of them have high 1-B hax. Also if Savor's Hide is low 2-C for scaling to Dagon; last time I checked that wasn't an avatar that was the high 1-B Dagon. Also all the Daedric Artifacts get their power for the same reason. They are all apart of daedric princes so if one is high 1-B all of them would be.

Also every time I bring up something with the Elder Scrolls people say it's gameplay and move on, but can you show me the lore that contradicts the games. All I've gotten from a lore view is " Spellbreaker was used against Shalidor, who is probably a low 2-C mage".

Which doesn't help because he is only probably low 2-C and he doesn't have a profile so we can't use that. Is there lore saying spell breaker covers the entire body? Also every low 2-C you fight in the Elder Scrolls ignores the daedric artifacts, so the daedric artifacts scaling to low 2-C when they auto fail against every low 2-C makes me believe that the daedric artifacts shouldn't scale that high.

And before you mention the Rueful Axe. The other daedric artifacts also fail against Barbas and the game makes it clear that the axe is the only weapon the Dovahkiin has that could defeat Barbas, so the other daedric artifacts shouldn't scale.

I said most, not all. If a dude resists a thing, he resists it. But Ebony Warrior's enchantment or whatever, not working is because game is bad.

Last time you checked you were wrong, considering he's never fully manifested in Tamriel, nor would he be able to.

Spellbreaker was used against Shalidor, who is arguably the most powerful mage that ever existed, broke Azura's curse and is comparable to Savior's Hide that tanked Dagon's attack. Not to mention it has innumerable statements of completely nullifying even the most powerful magics.

He isn't probably, he's at least Low 2-C, probably Low 1-C.

You just literally explained game mechanics to yourself. Good job.

The Battlespire isn't in Tamerial.

The hide tanked a jobbing Dagon that awkwardly stood there while the apprentice insulted him and pulled out his weaknesses three times in a row.

If the characters resisting daedric artifacts is a gameplay mechanic then it should be removed from the Ebony Warriors and Miraak's resistances because they currently scale to that.

Also the game practically drools over the Rueful Axe. It was the only weapon that could canon logically kill Barbas since the Dovahkiin uses all his moves at once yet it was the axe that put Barbas down. And multiple characters make off hand comments on how the Rueful Axe can slay gods while they only mention the other daedric artifacts as being spooky.

"He isn't probably, he's at least Low 2-C, probably Low 1-C."

I got the probably part from Waria's quote (I hope that sentence doesn't come off as rude as it does in my head).

You know that Chimere Graegyn didn't summon Dagon in Battlespire right?

The game drools over Rueful Axe to show you the power of a daedric item to the point where it's the only thing that can kill Barbas. The reason other daedric weapons don't work on him is because the daedric quests exist in a vaccum. If you weren't a Prisoner doing all of the daedric quests would've been impossible.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Guys, this has derailed entirely. This is turning into an Elder Scrolls CRT. Close this and settle this somewhere else
Sorry about that.

I'll move this to a thread when I get the time. One of my friends has come over to visit and I have school all day tomorrow so I'll try to make a thread Thursday if I get the time.

yeah, i think this a Dovah FRA for me, if i spellbreaker stopped Shalidor, a mage that decided to attack Sheogorath in his own realm(i know it did nothing but shows his power level) i think it works against discord.

He just thinks and it happens he sends you to oblivion to the realm of a High 1-B god

Again: Based on? Where is it even remotely hinted at being thought based?

Lightbuster30 said:
Also, he doesn't have Saviours hide. Only equipment he has here is is SoC and Spellbreaker.
never said he did have saviours hide also spellbreaker nulls magic even before the caster can use it

Base on the description of the power he gained in the DLC dragonborn.

Uh, then he needs to lose spellbreaker immediately. Passive magic negation is a stomp. Don't know how OP thought that was a wise move. Does Saviors hide passively negate magic or just grant resistance.

Name of said power?

Even without spellbreaker, he can gain full magic resistance with gear alone. And it's Mora's Grasp.

If i remember correctly it was moras grasp or something like that there are like 7 or 8 powers you get from the DLC

saviours hide can protect you from attacks of one of those High 1-B gods

Edit: also like Ogbu said the dova can still have a ridiculously high magic resistance via enchanting his things.

With spellbreaker, Discord stands no chance in hell. If we bloodlust Discord then he could tear open a large portal beneath the Dovahkiin's feet. I'm fairly certain magic resistance won't save you from falling through a rip in space-time. Discord should be able to indirectly affect him if his magic is only reisted and not negged entirely.

Had a feeling that was it. Last I checked, it's temporary, and the Dovahkiin can't do a thing to him until it's over.

He can, but I don't see why the Dovahkiin won't just dodge it or read a black book and come back. And why would Discord even do that in the first place.

Ogbunabali said:
He can, but I don't see why the Dovahkiin won't just dodge it or read a black book and come back. And why would Discord even do that in the first place.
A big enough portal and Dovahkiin can't dodge. That's why I said "big portal".

Because bloodlust? That's why I said: "If we bloodlust him" I've been repeatedly told by knowledgeable members that bloodlusted characters would use any ability in their arsenal to win a fight.

I guess so. But even then, I don't see why he wouldn't come back with a black book or just make a portal, considering he's the Archmage and even the most basic mages can make portals.

Nothing stopping him from aiming the portal at a neutron star. Dovahkiin wouldn't be able to pick up the book under it's gravity.

become ethereal could deal with that or teleporting back

Also doubt that the gravity of a star can hold something that moves at immesurable speeds or damage something at the durability of universal +

Dovahkiin looks very bound by gravity when ethereal.

Black Books have immesurable travel speed? The books don't move that fast, and they're gonna be far too heavy to be lifted.

Never said the books moved but dova does also since when something that moves at Immeasurable speed can be caught by gravity? also he could TP back, either way this is a stomp in the favor of the dova as the OP has not change equipment and even if he did having dova use BFR and even if you dont like that he can just negate the regens and type of immortalities that discord has and kill him compleatly.

Speed requires motion in the first place. Speed is useless if you can't move to use it.

What is he supposed to teleport back with? A too heavy to use black book?

Lightbuster30 said:
Speed requires motion in the first place. Speed is useless if you can't move to use it.
What is he supposed to teleport back with? A too heavy to use black book?
Magic like all the other mages in the verse that can use tp.

Ogbunabali said:
Not only does that require too much assumptions,
Those assumptions being?

And how is become ethereal going to keep him safe from gravity? Yeah he won't be harmed, but he's clearly anchored by it.

That Discord sends him to a neuron star.

He won't be bound by it because he won't exist in the same plane of existence as it.

Ogbunabali said:
That Discord sends him to a neuron star.
He won't be bound by it because he won't exist in the same plane of existence as it.
If he's bloodlusted and within his capabilities he would. A better assumption to call out would be him even knowing where to find one.

I thought the shout just changes you into something that can't be harmed or do harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back