• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dio Brando vs. Shadow Plague rematch (ONE MORE VOTE)

You should probably lower the range because given how you can infect entire countries in like a day the passive disease thing is definitely hitting more than 4km and just making DIO a shadow slave right off the bat.

Anyways, going with Shadow Plague here.

I find some of the physical stats for the prime vampire a little weird rn so I'll try not to dwell on that too much but I will note that Blood Rage's rated at High 8-C for being able to obliterate Templar bases, which is above the durability of DIO and combined with the vampiric consumption and all should get by his regen.

However, the main issue here is the disease. With all the transmissions, this thing spreads absurdly fast, and with shadow slaves on, everyone's actively converted to worshipping the vampire. However, this isn't like Necroa where they're mindless. These people retain their mental faculties, and in many ways are even superior with all the combat advantage upgrades you can get, and this would logically include military personell. With max upgrades it's little trouble to infect an entire country in rather short order, which results in DIO needing to solo an entire military alongside the super vampire. Given central park SBA, worse comes to worst DIO might just get nuked. I don't see him eradicating the disease either, he needs to basically commit planetary genocide for that given how fast the mere presence of the super vamp spreads it and that it also spreads on its own through regular transmissions.

This of course all assumes that DIO for whatever reason is immune to the Shadow Plague and can't just be forced into worship, and I don't see anything indicating that, so yeah. Shadow plague.

Quick question- how many things does Shadow Plague actually have infected at the start of this match?

Since the main argument for this involved bringing an entire damn military army and potentially nukes over to the fight.

As well, DIO would likely be fine with the virus. He can freeze his body at will, and freezing temperatures are perfect for quelling viruses such as the Shadow Plague, even with cold resistance. Since resisting Russian cold weathers isn't the same as having your body insta-frozen.

How would he know to freeze himself? Plus, it'd infect people the second the fight starts én mass regardless.

That's the thing. By the current battle conditions, it's basically impossible to tell how many people will be infected.

They are in the middle of Central Park, which is likely near the middle of the Great Lawn, meaning they are away from main roads. So, the density of people is going to be decently spread out. Because of this, it really depends. If there are people within 5ish meters of the one, singular Vampire, DIO's going to have massive issues.

However, if they are any farther, The Plague won't have a chance to infect anyone, since they'll all be running away from the water-beam-shooting vampire assaulting another suspiciously vampire looking person. DIO doesn't give a flying shit about publicity nor remaining quiet, so he's going to be scaring people away quite fast.

Overall, this seems decently mis-matchy. If there are people close enough, a few hundred vampires come to kill DIO by the end of the day. If not, The Plague will have a hard time building up a force remotely strong enough to threaten DIO before BFR counts down and says he loses.

Not to mention the debates that would have to go into how the NY police works and how the public would react to the dead/frozen body of a strangely vampire-looking creature.

All in all? I don't know what to say about this match, but it really shouldn't be added until the battle conditions are specified a wee bit.

Plagues in Plague Inc can infect entire countries in a day, infecting an entire city is easy expecially when it can be passively spread manually

The Wright Way said:
Uh, what's stopping the Vampire from just teleporting into a crowded area with portals?
Wait, he in-character can teleport away and into more crowded areas?

Oh yea this is very much a stomp then. Edward, when we were debating why didn't you lead with this before I made myself look like a fool?

Without teleportation, the guy would die before doing much, but if the vampire can just leave and come back with the entire city, then we've got a problem.

ThePixelKirby wrote The Plague will have a hard time building up a force remotely strong enough to threaten DIO before BFR counts down and says he loses.

How can Dio BFR again?

>why didnt you open with this

Blame my terrible sleepy mind and Shadow Plague being the plague I've spent the least amount of time on

Schnee One said:
ThePixelKirby wrote The Plague will have a hard time building up a force remotely strong enough to threaten DIO before BFR counts down and says he loses.
How can Dio BFR again?
If The Plague can't make any reasonable attempt to harm DIO within 24 hours, that's an auto-loss by BFR. Granted, BFR rules are very weird and up to interpretation.

But that doesn't matter since the vampire can teleport which makes this... a stomp of great proportions.

No. BFR is removing the enemy from battleground. Incapacitating is what your thinking about.

And with Dio lacking knowledge on the disease itself, teleportation isn't the only thing that makes this a stomp.

I use BFR since naturally it's going to be argued that the plague is still alive/in the air, even if nobody else is around.

But yea, teleportation is the main reason but the other factors don't help. If the guy couldn't teleport, this could be fair, but no.

DIO has Mind Control as well (though he uses it sparingly, for some reason).

But regardless, stomp.

Stomp or not, I just have to point out that him putting a piece of flesh into someone means nothing when talking about him being mindhaxed from miles away by diseases.

Back