• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Regenerationn and Resistance Revisions

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So I've noticed something on OBD (Now work with me here) They count Alpha Inforce as Low-Godly Rege . Reason being is because no matter what damage Alphamon takes he will already reset the fight with no injures. Even if he was completely destroyed. However, I feel that Alphamon should have Mid-Godly Regen. Reason being that Dynasmo ca survive being deleted by Zeed and return. Wouldn't this be Mid-Godly Regen? And all the Royal Knights share resistances.

Another thing is a resistance to Existence Erasure or Void Manipulation. Alphamon is the counterpart to Omegamon who utilized the Omni Blade and thus have fought him multiple times. The Omni Blade is inscribed with All-Delete in which by definition is existence Erasure. And Dorugoramon who also is one of Dorumon's Mega Forms literally stopped All Delete with his teeth . Alphamon is also made to counter the Royal Knights including Omegamon. And once again Zeed absorbing you completely deletes you i.e erases you from existence.

Also to add more on the All Delete thing. I should mention that the Digimon who stopped All-Delete is the same Digimon that becomes Alphamon later in the same story.

One more thing is for Zeed's absorption to be labelled as Void Manipulation or Existence Erasure as well. Simply because when one is absorbed by Zeed they are completely erased or in Digimon terms deleted.

So in short I am requesting:

Royal Knights:

Mid-Godly Regenerationn

Resistance to Void Manipulation

Zeed:

Void Manipulation/Existence Erasure

Looks good to me, though isn't the way you said of him being able to come back even after being completely destroyed sounds more towards Mid Godly regen? The way you put it sounds more of that than Low Godly.

Well it is hard to say considering I'd assume he'd need a consciousness to do so. But then again Alpha Inforce activates automatically against his will so it could reset him even if he was turned into nothingness. I'll wait for Darkaine to comment on this before I make any big changes to the OP.

Mmm. That might be Low Godly then but it does sound to be of Mid Godly level regen if his ability activates even if he was turned to nothingness as you said.

But I'll also wait for Dark if he can give any insight about it.

Either way, the suggested changes look alright to me.

Actually Cross you just reminded me of something. I remember Dynasmon was able to survive getting deleted by Zeed, but came back. Meaning all Royal Knights would have Mid-Godly Regen. So I think you are correct, he should have Mid-Godly Regen.

Wow really? And this is somebody who didn't follow much of Digimon past the animes to this day. 😅

Serious note, if a character did survive and came back from that, I'm pretty sure that's enough grounds for Mid-Godly there. But Dark should confirm it hopefully for that if and when he gets here.

Yeah I posted the link to this thread on his wall so he'll see it. I'd post on Reppu's wall as well but he is real busy.

The knights were already hard to put down due their resistances, they are nigh unkillable at this point and I love It. XP

I support the changes

I've actually changes the topic slightly after thinking it over. So now it is a Royal Knight and Zeed thread.

I'm supposed to be working, but I guess this is important enough to get my attention.

I don't consider recovering via the Alpha InForce to be Regenerationn, it's just rewriting causality so that the event effectively never happened. Thus I must say that I have to oppose Low-Godly regen Alphamon, especially since the equally legendary Ulforce is treated as an especially big deal.

The same goes for raising everyone to Mid-Godly Regen. They were not utterly destroyed, but torn apart and forcibly fused with Zeed. Resistance to Zeed's abilities is the only logical explanation after the latter was defeated and forcibly defused.

Resistance to Void Manipulation might work, but I'm not 100% certain on this since I remember someone saying that having Resistance to Void Manipulation is effectively having Resistance to everything.

Well seeing as Sailor Moon has Resistance to Existence Erasure it isn't a big stretch.

Also would just High Regen be good?

Finally, what about the part about Zeed's Absorption?

I agree that Alpha-InForce isn't necessarily Regenerationn, so it probably shouldn't be added.

As for the resistance to Void Manipulation, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I mean, didn't Koh and Sayo tank three existence erasing blast to the face and just suffer a slight daze? I haven't read the manga in awhile (and even then I just skimmed it to learn context), so I can't give more insight I'm afraid.

I have to agree with the others that the Alpha-InForce does not count as Regenerationn and, tbh, it seems greater in scope than that, what with messing with Casuality.

As for the Resistance to Void Manipulation, I don't see why not based on the reasonings stated.

We should also note that being resistant to Void Manipulation does not make you resistant to everything. The only way a character can have that is if they are resistant to Void Manipulation at it's highest levels.

It is fully possible for a character to have some resistance but still be subjected to Existence Erasure.

Back