• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon: Load, Eevolutions, Fusions and the Inheritance of Powers.

Executor_N0

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Introductio

This is going to be a relatively long thread. If you look at the profiles of the SGDL(Lucemo, Demon, Belphemo, etc) and Arkadimo you will see that they receive powers because of the Digimon that they have absorbed. Here we must discuss the validity of this decision. I will put the evidence that is used in this regard. But in the end I must say that if everything here is accepted then not only the powers of SGDL and Arkadimon will be maintained, but also other Digimon will also receive new powers.

Powers inherited through evolution

Normal Evolution
That is the simplest. During the games of Story saga there is the system of inherited powers. This means that as you go de-evolving and evolving a Digimon the result will inherit the powers of the previous form.

Lyb5ulx
In the image above you can see the tutorial of the game Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth explaining this, I put it here just for being an explanation that I have the game itself indicating the existence of it. Of all the way in all the games of Story series this system exists. In fact even in Digimon World 2 this system of inheriting powers through evolution also exists.

I just did not put scans of this here because I would have to play every game and demonstrate the truth of it through multiple evolutions, but unfortunately I've been without the capacity to download these games and show this happening for now (My internet is very slow today). But if I have to, I'll download each of those games and prove it.

Fusio

Walkthrough Digimon World 2(PSX) - Parte 8 - Modem Domain - EliasXD
Walkthrough Digimon World 2(PSX) - Parte 8 - Modem Domain - EliasXD

See 4:45 and 10:20

Using Digimon World 2 now we have an example of Digimon inheriting powers through a merger. We see Airdramon and Greymon merging and forming V-mon. This not only has its natural powers but also gained the powers of the evolutionary line of Greymon and Airdramon (for example the Pepper Breath of Agumon and Spiral Twister of Biyomon). The same is observed in the Games of the saga Story where after to realize a fusion the result Digimon also has the powers that the previous forms had.

The reason for this isn't be just Gameplay Mechanics
You may say that this is just gameplay mechanics, as it would not make sense for a Digimon to evolve or merge and the result to be weaker than the previous form. This really is a good explanation for this, but separate the Digimon story from the franchise games. The reason is that games, especially V-Pets, are part of something that exists within the history of the franchise.

BUorR50
Here is a part of the Digimon Twin Storyline, there it is shown that each of the V-Pets / Digivices that existed were part of the result of a group of researchers and it was through this that they managed to make humans train Digimon and find out more about the World Digital. Each gameplay mechanic that exists within the game is a result of improved systems created by the researchers. There is a whole page talking about it in the Digital Monster Artbook.

And the first Digimon game released for consoles in 1998 works exactly with this plot, through the V-Pets humans communicate with the Digimon and use the V-Pet's resources to train a Digimon. You can check this here.

And in Digimon Story Lost Evolution we have as main plot of the game the fact that the Evolutionary Tree has been destroyed and because of this evolutions can not be made. You can not perform evolutions in the game because it is destroyed, you need to collect epecial plates and with that rebuild the tree and return to be able to evolve.

It is literally impossible to say that the mechanics of evolution are just a mechanics of gameplay, all this mechanics is part of official products that are part of the history of the franchise. And we have an entire game that has as its initial mission to recover the lost evolutions. Unless you tell me that a prime feature of the Digimon franchise, which has always been treated like that and was something crucial to developing an entire game ... I do not know what's valid in this franchise.

Load
Finally we get to the most important part, Load. For those who do not know Load is the total absorption of a Digimon. When a Digimon dies it naturally leaves part of its data in the Digital World (which are absorbed by the Digimon) and the rest is deleted and sent to Nothingness. However some Digimon have special abilities that deny the Digital World reincarnation system and totally absorb a Digimon (like SGDL) and others that do not destroy a Digimon, but simply absorb all their data (Like Arkadimon).

In the Digital World of Digimon Tamers the reincarnation system does not exist and therefore all the absorption of a Digimon ends in Load.

After a Load we see this occurring:

Loaded Makuramon
and

Has the power of our perfect forms
As you can see after a Load the Digimon that absorbed the opponent gets its powers. We used to think that this was just a Beelzebumon trait, but the director of Digimon Tamers, known as Konaka, confirmed that this is actually a rule and not an exception.

Original: ÒâåÒéñÒâ×Òâ╝Òé║ÒüºÒü»ÒâçÒé©ÒâóÒâ│ÕÉîÕú½ÒüîþöƒÕ¡ÿÒéÆÞ│¡ÒüùÒüªõ║ëÒüäÒÇüÕïØÞÇàÒüîµòùÞÇàÒü«ÒâçÒâ╝Òé┐ÒéÆÞç¬ÕÀ▒Òü½Òâ¡Òâ╝ÒâëÒüùÒÇüÒüØÒü«Þâ¢ÕèøÒéÆÕ¥ùÒéïÒü¿ÒüäÒüåõ¢£ÕôüÕåàÒâ½Òâ╝Òâ½ÒéÆÞ¿¡ÒüæÒüƒÒÇé

In english: In Tamers, Digimon struggles to survive, We established a rule in the work that, the winner loads the loser's data to himself and gains its abilities.

Source: Yamaki_nyx.

And finally we see this in other works like Digimon Story Super Xros Wars where you can use some Digimon and give your data to a Digimon Base. This Digimon receives the powers of all the Digimon he has absorbed. So again this is used.

Also we have example of Apocalymon that literally Load all the Digimon that already died and because of this, the fact of having the data of them, it is able to replicate all the abilities of these Digimon.

So yes, it's totally consistent to guarantee that the Digimon that has absorbed a Digimon will gain its powers.

TL;DR
Most of this text was to prove something that Digimon profiles already followed, but it was never discussed before it was used. Basically it is proven that the Digimon, at least in the great majority, maintains the powers when they evolve.

Furthermore it is proven that Load = Gain the powers of the Digimon that was absorbed.

I'm going to make a list of the Digimon that has been absorbed in Digimon Tamers to find out what powers they will gain if this is accepted.

if this is accept so many changes will occur in profiles tamers. Meanwhile would like to know a thing in profiles tamers has the list of Cards of the characters (as aerowings), but the powers that these Cards give Digimon are not on the page (Guilmon don't have "Flight"(With Aerowings)). Then card slash can not be used here? or just is something that this incomplete in the page?

Yes, sometimes people came to argue about Digimon having some powers because they absorbed another Digimon. The reason for the mistrust was simply because this is an exception here, it must be proved that absorbing someone guarantees their powers. In fact this was discussed in the last "Misc Digimon Revision" about Apocalymon having the powers of Mugendramon. Now that this has been explained here and approved so if anyone argues about it then I just need to show this thread where this was approved.

Yeah, the things is with Digimon is that it's one of those verses that unless you actually research everything in the series, none of most of the stuff we have now would seem to have come out of left field. As such, this is kinda a reason why we basically either have big threads or blogs for everything, in order to give people a source to a majority of stuff on files. That way the series would be airtight and barely contested if at all as the info that is needed is always available.

Back