• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Hacker's Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuumon and Numemon obviously. They clearly are the God tiers of the Digital World

Seraphimon X sounds sick! I wonder what his design would be like. Would he become more human or bestial? So many possibilities...

I know it's unlikely, but I want Apocalymon X to be like, The Beast of Revolution or something.

You know if Numemon wins, they're gonna give it some godlike shit. Like "Legends tale it transcends even the Royal Knights in strength".

I love Adventure as much as the next guy but c'mon, Frontier and Savers exist too. Tamers at least got a Drama CD recently from what I heard.

I wonder if they're following up on the idea about the threat being something from space that Yamato and Gabumon detected.

I want Savers to get some love as well. It likely was the most actionized. And got pretty dark a times. (Masaru knowingly having to flat out kill his dad to take out Yggdrasil)

Site: https://gematsu.com/2018/07/digimon-survive-teaser-trailer-gameplay#74UX0wTZjLVTcR01.99

"the protagonist Takuma Momotsuka, whose name cannot be changed since he talks and others will call him by name"

This is very nice. Something I found a bit annoying in Hackers Memory was that although Keisuke was a character already set in history (including his last name), the name Keisuke was never actually used because the player could change. It was not a big problem, but I found it boring. Glad to see they have changed. The protagonist to be only man can annoy some people, but perhaps in the future may come a version with a woman character as it was with Persona 3.

"The multi-ending story and digivolutions will change based on those choices, and several characters may even die. According to Digimon game series producer Kazumasa Habu, he wanted to incorporate "the digivolution of partner Digimon through character development" as seen in the Digmon Adventure anime into the game system."

This is spectacular. Already I expected characters to die, after all it was something that we prepared a lot for this since Cyber Sleuth. If they managed to create an exciting ending with the characters forgetting Erika in Hackers Memory, but not with her actually dying (Acausality Saves Lives: v), I wonder how exciting the Survive scenes will be with the characters actually dying. The game will have less Digimon, which is expected. The game is just something that is between the development of the new game of Digimon Story, or is still missing many models to be made to reproduce what they had until then. Anyway, having only about 100 Digimon can be a very interesting strategy, by the evolution method being based on character development. I find it curious how Kakudou left the development of the Digimon Adventure movie because he did not follow the bases of evolution linked to a character development that were the basis of the first anime, but a game apparently will be based on it. Quite curious, and I believe it will be incredible.

"While there are about 100 playable Digimon, Habu noted that Digimon Survive places more emphasis on the story than it does collecting Digimo. Also, unlike the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth games, there are essentially no sci-fi elements in Digimon Survive."

Expected, I've never really been the type of person "gotta catch all", if the game has Digimon that I like and I can use them, I'll be happy with that. But I understand who prefers to collect Digimon and will find this somewhat annoying.

And the game being released in China, is a good notion that it will be released overseas. Habu had already said that there was a development team for the overseas version, but with confirmation that the game will leave in China, it is almost a confirmation that already has an English version of the game.

Also, Digimon for X Box One and Steam is something that I did not expect it to occur

Well...

"Habu says he wanted to try making this game after being inspired from his talks with director kakudou and the director's involvement in the digimon anime."

Well, it's interesting that since Habu talked to Kakudou during the development of Digimon Adventure PSP we see that Habu really managed to rescue ideas that Kakudou used in Adventure. And considering that even TRI. was something that Kakudou criticized for not being able to convey what he wanted to convey in the firstanime, I think Survive will be more coherent with the ideas of Adventure, than TRI. in its entirety.

Very interesting, Haby really respect's the series. a Steam and xbox release is suprsing but good for the series. Any confirmation on a dub?

Nothing about dub until now. Anyway, did anyone else find the song beautiful? I hope soon that the full version of the song will come out, I hope it will be one of the most beautiful songs in the franchise.

Adventure is in the light-side of the "lost in strange place" stereotype. While in works like Lord of the Flies characters can (and will) die.

Lord of the Flies was a dark satire and deconstruction of the now mostly dead "British kid Adventure on an Island" sub-genre made popular by Enid Blyton. It was about a group of kids who survived a shipwreck on an island as they devolved into tribal societies. Eventually, a number of kids were killed by one another by being hit with a rock and stabbed(?)

I haven't read the book since grade school so my memory is fuzzy but it was a very dark story. From what I remember, the film adaptations were petty good.

This is likely gonna be darker than Tamers. I am worried about the fact my characters can actually die if I make a wrong decision (as long as they don't go all DanganRonpa on me I am fine), but overall still looking forward to this game. Going for that "Everyone Survives run" only tho ovo.

My New Blog. There is still a lot of content left in the text and I have not yet started talking about the most important part. After it I will continue the last blogs I did and do what I had promised, I believe that after that we will only have something really new and great when Digimon Survive is finished.

A warning, it will take longer for the update with Digimon Frontier and Digimon Savers to be ready, I have found interviews about people who worked at that time and now I have to rethink everything I was planning before. Well, that's what happens when you look a lot in the Digimon franchise OVO

I create a Bandai Namco Japanese account,I see some good information.

Both Apollomon and Dianamon were not created to be OT members. The game had the intention of showing dualities in relation to day and night and therefore the Digimon were created. In time because of the lack of Olympic Gods of the Moon and Sun , it was decided that the two would occupy this place.

Also, Digimon Story would be a stand-alone game, but since the game sold more than 200k copys in a quick time, it was immediately planned that the game should have a sequel

>In time because of the lack of Olympic Gods of the Moon and Sun , it was decided that the two would occupy this place.

>Lack of olympic gods of the moon and sun

But...what?

The group of Olympus XII already existed (It was created with Marsmon) at a time. However it was an empty group, ie there was no God of the Sun or Goddess of the Moon. Apollomon and Dianamon were raised as mascots of the new game and they would be part of a group. They were supposed to be RK, but they did not look like knights. As the Gods of the Moon and Sun had not been defined, Apollomon and Dianamon were chosen to occupy this space.

The translation is still in development, but there is something I want to show.

Watanabe: The number of Knights of the Round Table is about 50, not just 13 *. With that in mind I thought it would be a good idea to have a "Baton Touch" ** between the current Royal Knights and the new Royal Knights.

Habu: When I first asked about the scenario, there was a discussion about it.

Watanabe: Huckmon was the trigger, if Huckmon is connected when the next generation of Royal Knights come up, it will be easier for this to be accepted by the fans. When we thought about Huckmon, we had that feeling.

Habu: That reminds me that, the plan on the new generation of Royal Knights is no longer in the foreground.

Watanabe: Because we do not have places to show this easily. It's more of a feeling that we want to do it someday. Anyway the name of the "teacher" Gankoomon comes from "stubborn father"

Maekawa: "Gankoo" (ÒÇîÒé¼ Òâ│ Òé» ÒéÑ Òâ╝ÒÇì) comes from the Okinawa dialect, has meaning of stubbornness.

Wanatebe: Yes. It's a very different kind of name, but I really wanted him to have a name like a stubborn father. In its draft phase, its name was "Andrewmon" (ÒÇîÒéó Òâ│ Òâë Ò⬠ÒâÑ Òâó Òâó Òâ│ Òâ│ÒÇì).

• The number of Knights of the Round Table is a subject of discussion because of several different stories, the number can vary from only 12 and there are mentions of being a number almost immeasurable. In fact Robert De Boro described as King Arthur having 50 knights and 50 seats in the Round Table, possibly Watanabe and WiZ members based on that idea.
    • "Baton Touch" (ÒâÉÒâêÒâ│Òé┐ÒââÒâü) is a Japanese term whose original meaning resembles the idea of passing a baton in a relay race from one runner to another. However, the meaning has been extended to mean the act of passing a job or some kind of responsibility to another person.

So there really is a risk that characters like Omegamon, Alphamon and others will cease to be Royal Knights.

More like they'll likely have some young Digimon that they will train up to take their place. For example, Jesmon represents the start of the new Generation trained by Gankoomon. This means that the next 12 are likely to be trained by the current knights. I wonder what they'll be like.

But Habu mentions that this idea is no longer in development (and Kenji confirms this sayiang that is because they do not have how to show it)

Well they said it is no longer in the foreground, i.e not a priority. However, they said that someday they want to do it. Basically don't expect it anytime soon.

And technically, if anyone wants to use this it is free to use. Watanabe and Maekawa explain that WiZ's biggest reason for not exploring the scenario they create is because they want the anime and gaming people to do it. In their view if they define what will happen, the anime and game will not have something new to tell. They are afraid that his ideas will become an obstacle for the Toei or the rest of Bandai. So they at most say "this exists" or "this can happen", but it depends on the will of those who produce the games, manga and anime if those topics are expanded or not.

Also has the subject that they want the fans to imagine what can happen to the fans decide this. Watanabe comments that many of the people who work recently with games, toys and anime are people who in the past were fans of Digimon and want to show the world the ideas they had. The WiZ team expects more fans to have a say in what can happen in the franchise and that's one reason fans-producers interaction have grown in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back