• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Hacker's Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
******* badass. Although it's kinda weird that it seems to portray ExoGrimmon as semi-quadrupedal when his sprite was distinct bipedal. If only Mystic Energy got official artwork, I bet that look cool.

Well here, ExoGrimmon is not really standing up all the way. He seems to be resting or something. Despite being a dull and generic villain, Grimmon and all his forms always looked badass,

Do you think we'd get the 3DS Appmon game if they got to dubbing Appmon? The only reason we didn't get Super Xros Wars was because the DS was a dead platform when Fusion came about

@Zeed

I kinda doubt it. The 3DS is nearing the end of its lifespan (Nintendo won't even make Pokemon games for it) and Digimon just isn't that big and marketable to kids anymore in the West.

As for the argument about 3DS ending for the Switch, I'll quote an older reply of mine to something else:

"Well tbf the Switch is still new and the 3DS will probably be replaced by a handheld rather than the Switch. I was shocked that they were making a PriPara game for the Switch."

Yes, the official website of Digimon Story says that it happens in the same world of the animation Digimom Savers. The same statement is made for Savers Another Mission.

Apocalymon has now been officially updated into Hacker's Memory.

Requirements:

Use either Piedmon, Machinedramon, MetalSeadramon or Puppetmon.

Get them to Lv 99

Makes sure they have an ABI of 120.

That's all.

Why do Fresh and In-Training Digimon not get much representation? They aren't in the cards, they have had VERY FEW toys, they barely show up in the anime except for Adventure, and only a few of them are in the games.

@Zeed

Primarily because of the fact that they're just not interesting.

Would you rather see Agumon shooting fireballs or Botamon spitting bubbles in an attempt to keep other Digimon at bay?

The explanation of the franchise is simple, you can see in this page the translation of the information coming from the Artbook. The Baby and Baby II stages are very fast naturally, in a few hours a Digimon usually evolves into the Child form. So naturally it is harder to find Baby and Baby II than the Child, and it is made clear that these Digimon have a vast evolutionary potency. So it takes few Baby and Baby II to fulfill the role of forming Childs.

Getting a PS4, wondering if Cyber Sleuth and it's Sequel worth buying or not, and Do I need to be a true Digimon fan to appreciate them.

Not really. They are beginner friendly honestly. I would suggest just watching an LP of the original CS and just buy Hacker's Memory at this point.

@Dragon

Yeah, I saw Hackers Memory for a low price today.

Got a few questions about Hackers Memory.

1. Can you choose from a verity of Digimon

2. Is it like Pokemon, do you need to battle other Digimon to level up in the wild or are there other Digimon "Trainers"

3. Again is it similar to Pokemon, do you have a limited number of moves

4 Lastly it it a long game.

Sorry for the Pokemon talk, only thing I could think of to get the point across.

1) You got a lot of variety. Of course you have to pay attention to you capacity limit, but you can have up to eleven party members with over 340 Digimon to collect. As of now they are doing the free updates which add Digimon to the game. You've missed the pre-order Sistermon's though.

2)Yes. There are Wild Digimon, Digimon Tamers at times and various other sidequests that grant EXP.

3) Yes. Every Digimon has 1 or 2 special moves in which have their own unique animations.

4) Yes, it is very story and sidequest driven. It took me like 2-3 days to finish. That was while binging on one day. But it keeps you interested throughout the game. And the dialogue is great.

Alright, Thanks Dragonmasterxyz, I'll likely pick it up when I get the chance.

3. An addition: In addition to the signatures abilities you also have the inheritance skills which are the ones that remain in the Digimon even after the evolution (Something common in the Story series, however lost things from World 2 and the first Story where the signature skill was inherited as well) . In this case you can have up to 20 abilities stored in the same Digimon.

Like I said skip buying the original.

Reasons,

1) Riddled with bad translations.

2) Not as fun early on. HM puts you right in the midst of the action.

3) You will miss out on 11 total Digimon. This is two full Digivolution lines and 1 Ultra Digimon and 2 powerful Mega level Viruses. In Hacker's Memory, you only are missing 4 Digimon and that's Sistermon Ciel and Blanc as well as their awake forms.

4) Less Digimon.

5) Less Balance. Piercing moves were too broken. HM made them a little more balanced.

6) You can't change your shirt.

The likes of Alphamon Ouryuken, Gryphonmon, Lilithmon and Belphemon have like the strongest Piercing moves in HM.

Well,

Alphamon's Ultimate Ouryuken already does much worse in lore.

Gryphonmon's attack bypasses all defenses normally.

Phantom Pain and Gift of Darkness are kinda obvious tho.

Also the new description will be "Can pierce through defenses."

Did Saban lose the rights to Digimon? I assume so since their website doesn't list Digimon, Nicktoons hasn't been rerunning Fusion, and no merchandise (as in merchandise with Saban's name on it and not tri./Story-related stuff) has been made since Fusion was still airing new episodes.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
3) You will miss out on 11 total Digimon. This is two full Digivolution lines and 1 Ultra Digimon and 2 powerful Mega level Viruses. In Hacker's Memory, you only are missing 4 Digimon and that's Sistermon Ciel and Blanc as well as their awake forms.
No more, The Sistermon are now available to anyone for free via DLC while Alphamon NX and Dukemon NX are available through paid DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back