• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Hacker's Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are gonna scale In-Training Digimon to the Physical Attack calc as in game they do not have Fire Attacks to use and thus can only bash it. (With are next revision, even in training level will be threats in their own tier as they all can attack mind and soul directly)

The others become supporting calcs from Rookies.

It is good to see that we find feats that can scale to Baby and Child Digimon and of course, being consistent with what we had already established before.

I partially agree. I love Adventure and its characters, but I would like other series to get attention too.

Although a "Tournament of Power" style arc where every DigiDestined have to compete against each other...

I just want whatever it is to be interesting, better animated, have better art (hated the artistic design of TRI, especially the Digimon. They are hideous to me) and more importantly, BETTER WRITING.

I didn't mind the art style for TRI but it's not nearly as charming as the style used in the first four series. I'm not gonna say it was a "heartless cash in" like some people say, but it did feel like an empty attempt to make Digimon more mainstream by making it look more basic. To me, "Our War Game" and "Hurricane Touchdown" had the perfect animation. Well animated but still true to Digimon's style.

The writing is what ultimately made me stop caring about TRI all together. To much mumbo jumbo, not enough character or heart. The whole series just felt painfully confused on what it wanted to do leading it to feel disjointed and messy.

Have they mentioned what happened to Davis and co. yet? I haven't watched part 5 yet.

I will say what I've been saying. If they are gonna use a more up to date artstyle, use the artstyle they use for Cyber Sleuth and Re-Digitize. It's a style that feels like Digimon and the Digimon designs should be as smooth and not as...angular as TRI. Like look at this comparison between WarGreymon. Look at how just ugly the new one looks.

Wargreymon by micheetahel-d3ch1yy
Original

Adventure TRI Wargreymon
TRI

Yeah, I stopped caring. They tried to do some complicated crap that doesn't work for a movie series with obviously not much heart put into it. The stuff they brought up would have been better in a regular anime or hell a Video Game. This is like trying to fit all of Cyber Sleuth, DS, Dawn/Dusk AND Re: Digitize in a small movie series. That won't work.

Yeah they mention Davis and the others. I forgot the exact details, but it's ridiculous.

WarGreymon got one of the better redesigns...never forgot Lilymon in her play doh glory

At first I was excited for the multiverse and science stuff, but it quickly lost its luster. It felt very disconnected from the main plot and like it was written to be confusing for the sake o being confusing. Not to mention it basically took a preexisting idea ("The Zenith") and crammed in tons of ideas scientific into it.

Oh dear, they did? I'm kind of scared to see how they handled it. I love the 02 cast, it's such a shame how poorly they've been treated.

If they do make another Adventure series, I hope it's an adventure series. I feel like exploring the Digital World and uncovering its secrets is a concept that hasn't been used in awhile. Or maybe it's going to be about that space adventure with Matt and Gabumon Executor brought up awhile ago.

If a new Adventure series comes up, I wonder if it will have a staff that has worked on Digimon (maybe call part of the old team like Kakudou?) Or know the Digimon franchise well.

tri. it seemed to me that it had a very "half" content where half made sense, the other half did not. I'm seeing the Sixth OVA and the result is the same, it has interesting ideas, but I feel they can be better explored. Besides of course, the various moments of comedy that I feel are not necessary.

If I watched the movies in a theater, I would've probably walked out on Palmon and Salamon holding their own against Machinedramon. That was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

"But maybe it was a weaker machinedramon"

Doesn't change the fact that it's a giant ******* metal dinosaur dragon with guns getting upstaged by a puppy. Bah.

I still stand by Tri 3 was pretty good. Tri 2 wasn't bad but it needed more time to cook and less fan service. Tri 1 had good character moments but was otherwise not that good.

Please tell me that didn't actually happen.

First Patamon wants to die, then Seraphimon gets utterly wasted and now this? Do they just not like Patamon?

About the new OVA, I must say I enjoyed the interaction between Dark Gennai and Huckmon, and seeing Dark Gennai complaining about TRI's chosen was a pretty cool thing, would be something I would say to protest their actions at these OVA's OVO

Part of me wants to really like Dark Gennai for how insane and hammy he is.

The other part of me remembered that he licked Sora and that's just...why...

And seeing TRI I wonder, when will we see a Digimon anime that will put a real scale of the feats with the Statements? There are always mentions of "All Digital / Real World will be erased" and even mention the space as a whole in this, but still the most we see are buildings, poles and trees being erased from existence.

I will throw my hat in and say i'm very much ok with it, really hammered in, this guy is insane, evil and no way secretly good.

But back to Tri as a whole, the last movie sounds terrible which makes the whole thing even worse. But makes me more happy that Digimon's gaming section is doing very wel right now.

Darkanine said:
First Patamon wants to die, then Seraphimon gets utterly wasted and now this? Do they just not like Patamon?
It did.....Devimon who Angemon one shot, beat MagnaAngemon in a fight.....

The Seraphimon line are the Jobbers of Digimon. Yeah, not the Leomon line, the Seraphimon line. The Leomon at least go down like badasses. Seraphimon just gets owned...poor guy.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Darkanine said:
It did.....Devimon who Angemon one shot, beat MagnaAngemon in a fight.....
The Seraphimon line are the Jobbers of Digimon. Yeah, not the Leomon line, the Seraphimon line. The Leomon at least go down like badasses. Seraphimon just gets owned...poor guy.
Forever the victim of bad writing with no real love for the characters.

@Kool I get what you're getting at and I'm okay with completely evil villains but the act itself felt forced, like it was done for shock value alone.

@Dragon I understand that the anime sometimes doesn't go by Digimon lore but c'mon. Contradicting iconic Digimon lore established in the first arc of Adventure just seems like bad writing.

Darkanine said:
@Dragon I understand that the anime sometimes doesn't go by Digimon lore but c'mon. Contradicting iconic Digimon lore established in the first arc of Adventure just seems like bad writing.
Seems? Bruh, that is classic bad Digimon writing. Just like how Seraphimon got his attack reflected by Mercuremon who should have gotten stomped by him...Unless we end up downgrading the angels to 3-C of course.

Only in the games does Seraphimon get the much needed love he deserves.

At least Mercuremon doesn't have a fatal weakness against holy attacks. It's still dumb, but not as dumb.

Never forget the time when Seraphimon made his big debut just to get bitch smacked a second later by Cherubimon.

The history of Seraphimon:

- He and Magnadramon get one shotted by Cherubimon in hurricane touchdown.

- Nearly dies to Arkadimon Champion.

- one shotted again by Cherubimon and only lived cuz ophanimon begged for his life to be spared, only for him to die to a much weaker enemy later.

This is far worse than when Leomon gets owned mainly because you actually expect something great from seraphimon.

I wonder what Seraphimon did to deserve this as in lore Seraphimon is supposed to be very powerful.

Other than the Seraphimon and Leomon lines, the only other Digimon who may get jobbed from time to time is Gallantmon.

Dark Gennai (In the end):"There is a child hidden inside each of us.This child wants to play.The next one is Demon"

Oh yeah, I forgot he appeared in 02. Didn't they have to send him back to the Dark Area to win?

They send him to the Dark World/Dark Ocean/Dragomon Ocean. Well, if the next thing is with Demon I belive that the "next project" is with the 02 Cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back