• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digidestined Digimon Upgrade or Omnimon Downgrade (Tri)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now all of the Digidestined Mega digimon are ranked as "At least 3C" and Base Omnimon is 1C

I think that the Mega digimon either need massive upgrades to 1C, or Omnimon needs a massive downgrade to 3C

Here's why

The Mega Digimon have been able to compete with and harm other 1Cs on this wiki

Examples:

1. Seraphimon blindsided Raguelmon with a tackle, who could smash Omnimon into the ground

2. Magnadramon's only action in the entire anime is blasting Ordenimon in the face, causing her extreme pain

3. Matt states that if the other Digidestined could reach Mega level, "they wouldn't need Omnimon" as quoted from (if i remember correctly) after the Alphamon vs Omnimon fight

4. Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon stomp Metalseadramon and Machinedramon for the second time

5. The Digidestined digimon powered up Omnimon enough to 1 shot Ordenimon, even though he was struggling against her in Base

6. Vikemon on his page is stated to be "Comparable to the Dark Masters", who are 1C

These can't be outliers cause these digimon have done little else in the anime thus far, so these are consistent feats since they are pretty much the only feats

Now for Omnimon, his only explanation for 1C is fighting Jesmon and Alphamon. However, Digimon Adventure digimon aren't the same as other games or stories in Digimon. For example, Imprialdramon PM isnt the same as Holy Knight Imprialdramon PM, Magnamon is the same story Omnimon is the same story, and I think there are others That I forgot. So Alphamon and Jesmon shouldn't be the same either, especially since Alphamon is an Antagonist

So I think that either the Digidestined need a buff, or Omnimon needs a nerf

(Please excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes, it's midnight and I'm using my phone)

Actually, nothing notes Alphamon or Jesmon aren't the Royal Knight variations. The Royal Knights tend to have many variations. Similar to how the Jesmon from Cyber Sleuth is not the same as the Jesmon from Digimon Pendulum. Or how Crusadermon and Dynasmon from Savers aren't the same Crusadermon and Dynasmon from Cyber Sleuth, or Xros Wars. So the argument that they "aren't the same" doesn't work here as unlike Imperialdramon PM and Magnamon, we blatantly see that they aren't the original Royal Knights, while we still see these two RK appear on the orders of higher beings.

Can't really say much on the Raguelmon/Ordenimon stuff as I barely remember much of Coexistence and our future. As for the chosen children's megas beating Metalseadramon and Machinedramon, IIRC it's never stated their really the same ones from the first season. The two we see in the movie just appear and are mindless minions of evil gennai, acting nothing like the ones of the Dark Masters.

Also doesn't help a majority of the things with these two in the movie, as with many of the battles I that happened throughout Tri, are PIS.

- Machinedramon's attack being stopped by an attack from gabumon.

- Machinedramon getting stunned by salamon.

- Metalseadramon seemingly getting hurt by an attack from gabumon.

- Machinedramon smashing Sora into a wall twice fails to do jack shit to her.

https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Masters

These guys have been stated to be created as the by-products of Apocalymon's destruction on the Digital World. Due to the reboot, Apocalymon should be back, along with the Dark Masters. There is no reason why Dark Gennai WOULDN'T mind control them. Then again, this is purely speculation, but it makes sense.

Also, obviously Machinedramon getting hurt or hurting Rookies and humans is PIS, but Megas fighting other Megas isn't really PIS

Also, is Royal Knight Alphamon able to become Alphamon Ouryuken whithout Ouryumon whenever he wants? I don't remember him ever doing so.

the thing about salamon is that its like the pokemon move thunder wave. it paralysed machinedramon but didnt really harm him

not much excuse for gabumon hurting metalseadramon though but I guess he did catch him by surprise.

You can ask Dragonmasterxyz to comment here again via his message wall.

1) Outlier seeing as he had to team up to defeat 2 non-Dark Masters Machinedramon and MetalSeadramon iirc. There's nothing noting them as equal to the actual DM versions iirc.

2) Mkay, Holydramon could scale. However, did she use Holy Flame? If so, that move bypasses durability specifically so that could explain why it hurt.

3) I wouldn't simply trust Matt's judgment here alone.

4) This was already addressed.

5) Just because he got a new form because of them giving him power doesn't mean they have to be as strong.

6) Where does it say this?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
1) Outlier seeing as he had to team up to defeat 2 non-Dark Masters Machinedramon and MetalSeadramon iirc. There's nothing noting them as equal to the actual DM versions iirc.
2) Mkay, Holydramon could scale. However, did she use Holy Flame? If so, that move bypasses durability specifically so that could explain why it hurt.

3) I wouldn't simply trust Matt's judgment here alone.

4) This was already addressed.

5) Just because he got a new form because of them giving him power doesn't mean they have to be as strong.

6) Where does it say this?
1. I just rewatched the fight, and the 3 of them were stomping him reeeeeaaaaaally easily.

2. wait it does? where does it say that? Also if Holy dramon scales, then wouldn't it make sense for the others to scale as well? Hikari's Digimon hasn't proven to be special in any way other than the fact that she didn't join up till halfway through Digimon Adventure

3. ok, but can't he feel Omnimon's power or something? Cause I don't think he would just randomly say that if the difference between the Mega Digimon and Omnimon is literally 7-8 dimensions

4. ok, but the Dark Masters WOULD have come back, right? and I see no reason why Dark Gennai wouldn't use them

5. they should at least scale somewhat since Omiimon used their power.

6. it used to say this. Doesn't anymore

1) You mean said fight where Machinedramon was literally being pummeled with attacks from 3 different Digimon? Yes, no wonder it was a stomp.

2) Read Holy Flame's attack description. Even then, the fact that she dealt damage to Ordinemon puts her above them. Also, I can flat out say for Holydramon that this isn't really good for scaling as this is not much different than Dorugamon using Power Metal to push Omegamon back or WarGreymon X and MetalGarurumon X making Omegamon flinch. Neither situations do we scale those Digimon to Omegamon (even if this is their main feats).

3) This has never been stated.

4) Prove they did.

5) Not really. These 3-C's gave him their power, he got a new form from their data. Nothing special.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
1) You mean said fight where Machinedramon was literally being pummeled with attacks from 3 different Digimon? Yes, no wonder it was a stomp.
2) Read Holy Flame's attack description. Even then, the fact that she dealt damage to Ordinemon puts her above them. Also, I can flat out say for Holydramon that this isn't really good for scaling as this is not much different than Dorugamon using Power Metal to push Omegamon back or WarGreymon X and MetalGarurumon X making Omegamon flinch. Neither situations do we scale those Digimon to Omegamon (even if this is their main feats).

3) This has never been stated.

4) Prove they did.

5) Not really. These 3-C's gave him their power, he got a new form from their data. Nothing special.
1. Yeah, but at least to me, it seemed completely unecesarry for 3 Megas to wallop Machinedramon at once

2. This was taken from Gatomon's page

Holy Flame: Strikes the opponent with the light energy of all justice, instantaneously erasing their form. Shoots a spiral of holy fire from its mouth.

this = Ignores Dura?

Also I never said that they scale to Omnimon. I said that they should be 1C, but clearly not at Omnimon's level. When I say "Digidestined Megas", I include WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon

3. Yeah but it makes sense for Matt to notice that much of a power difference. Then again, I can't prove it

4. How can I prove it if I don't know the answer myself? I was asking you a question

1) This still wouldn't put them any close to 1-C.

2) Yes it would, it's a Durability Negating move that would instantly erase the form of whoever it hits. While it didn't kill Ordinemon, it would explain why Ordinemon felt pain from this attack more than others. This would still not make them 1-C as in the examples I provided, none of the characters are even remotely 1-C for their feats.

4) And we cannot answer you as the answer is not there. However, the fact that these Dark Masters seem like completely different entities would make them likely to not be the DM versions. Also, it would be pretty nonsensical for the Adventure Megas to be above WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon when they fought the Dark Masters as even by Adventure 02 they weren't on the level of the DM and nothing really notes them as that much more powerful between 02 and TRI.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
yes, but all it does is cause ordinemon to cancel an attack she was in the middle of firing. leomon stopped imperialdramon fighter mode by doing the same thing in part 2 when he punched imperial in the face

Dragonmasterxyz said:
1) This still wouldn't put them any close to 1-C.
2) Yes it would, it's a Durability Negating move that would instantly erase the form of whoever it hits. While it didn't kill Ordinemon, it would explain why Ordinemon felt pain from this attack more than others. This would still not make them 1-C as in the examples I provided, none of the characters are even remotely 1-C for their feats.

4) And we cannot answer you as the answer is not there. However, the fact that these Dark Masters seem like completely different entities would make them likely to not be the DM versions. Also, it would be pretty nonsensical for the Adventure Megas to be above WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon when they fought the Dark Masters as even by Adventure 02 they weren't on the level of the DM and nothing really notes them as that much more powerful between 02 and TRI.
1. So Seraphimon tackling Raguelmon is an outlier then? even though he pretty much only has 2 feats?

2. So Holydramon is ranked higher than the others?

3. ok, but wasn't Togemon 4B on this site once?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ogremo

This guy scales to Togemon, therefore he's 4B

Plus Greymon mentioned that the Kuwagamon they fought in Episode 1-2 were a LOT stronger than the ones they fought before

So wouldn't that mean that the Digidestined digimon got astronomically stronger since 02?

1) Just as we don't consider WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon X as 1-C for causing Omegamon to flinch even though this is like their only noteworthy feat.

2) If we even decided to scale her. I don't even think she would scale tbh. At most it would be via Holy Flame tbh.

3) Yeah, we also dowgraded all the Adventure Champion levels a while ago. Ogremon's file is horiibly outdated. I mean, these Kuwagamon are more than likely Folder Continent variants like most modern Digimon are. The Kuwagamon they fought were the File Island native variants. This is important as the difference between the two is quite literally 1000x. So basically, the Adventure Champions who were used to fighting File Island Digimon are now powerful enough to face Folder Continent Digimon.

Marcusbwfc said:
yes, but all it does is cause ordinemon to cancel an attack she was in the middle of firing. leomon stopped imperialdramon fighter mode by doing the same thing in part 2 when he punched imperial in the face
Is that so? Then it doesn't really seem all that impressive as a feat. Not enough to scale to anything at least.

Is that so? Then it doesn't really seem all that impressive as a feat. Not enough to scale to anything at least.

its also ordinemon without the gatomon half, which is weaker than the version that one shot the main cast twice earlier in the movie. she also had the other digimons memories removed from her, which izzy stated is why she was so strong in the first place. omnimon was soloing her easily on his own when he cut up ordinemons feather arm attacks. mercy mode wasn't needed at all really. the ordinemon that magnadramon attacked wasnt very strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back