• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Inconclusive. Either Simon Spiralhaxes Mario into oblivion, or Mario timestops and murders him. If Mario leads with timestop, he wins. If not, he loses.

Time-Stop won't work because Simon is Immeasurable (even if you equalize speed, the effects it would have in speed unequal remain).

DMB 1 said:
Time-Stop won't work because Simon is Immeasurable (even if you equalize speed, the effects it would have in speed unequal remain).
2B Simon is MFTL+

I'm starting to lean towards Mario, now that his time manip is applicable (also I forgot about Cappy and sealing). Unless Simon can stop Mario from timestopping and then sealing, I'd say Mario takes this.

And by the way

People are saying "Lol probability" When he can't hurt Mario as that doesn't ignore dura

And the AP difference is MASSIVE

Still sticking with Simon. I'm confident his reactive evolution would enable him to progressively to meet and surpass the AP difference, and potentially resist Mario's hax. And before someone says this is NLF keep in mind that Simon's ridiculous evolution took him from a 10-C coward at the start of the series to a multiversal level threat, who was capable of resisting absurd mindhax, probability manip, and other space-time related hax. The entire premise of the show is that Simon starts as the underdog who is clearly outclassed by the situation presented to him, but through sheer grit and determination (as well as Spiral Power giving him absurdly overpowered reactive evolution) he manages to overcome it. Also, probability manip does ignore dura. It says so right on the profile.

But isn't that how Simon got so beefed up in the series? Through evolution he continually got stronger. Plus, like I said, probability manip negates dura. Any hits he'd land would most definitely stick.

I mean

He did that because he was able to evolve through spiral power and from the AP he was able to take

Here, if he takes any damage, he does instantly die to the gap

Can't evolve if youre dead from what you're trying to evolve too

And thats why probability manip is such a versatile tool. It's a great offensive option since it can bypass defense, but also works as a defensive method of lowering the likliehood of getting hit.

Ah, thats totally fine! I'll try searching around a bit more and see the specifics of Mario's abilities. If I find anything I'll see if I'll change/keep my vote.

Gargoyle One said:
Can't Mario just

One shot him?
Yes

If he gets by Simon having a 100% chance to dodge/no sell it

Hax beats AP, even if AP is big.

Maleo timestops, finds he can't do anything to Simon, timestop ends, Drill to the head.

How does time not moving counter the fact that the dude is unhittable?

Do you have proof that Timestop would actually negate Probability though?

This is the kind of Probability that lets a 5-A tear through something that's crushing a 3-A levels of BS

If the guy's unhittable, the fact that he can't move has no business changing that because of Probability Reality Warping Shenanigans.

DMUA said:
Do you have proof that Timestop would actually negate Probability though?

This is the kind of Probability that lets a 5-A tear through something that's crushing a 3-A levels of BS

If the guy's unhittable, the fact that he can't move has no business changing that because of Probability Reality Warping Shenanigans.
Due to the fact that it doesn't have any showings of affecting a probability while time is stopped thus it can't act, burden of proof is on you

Do you say that using soul hax or death would work in time stop because thei hax?

I'd assume probability is a constant factor, even if time is stopped. And the best example of Mario stopping time is from Super Mario Bros. 2, using the stopwatch. However, looking over it, this does not stop time, as water can still be seen flowing on screen when it's used. More or less it just immobolizes enemies. The Stop Watch appears in the Paper Mario series often too, but the decription further confirms this by saying it just immobolizes enemies, not stopping time in actuality.

I mean.

It's a stop watch.

The implications are VEEEERY obvious.

It's like saying Isaac doesn't have time slow because coins fall normally.

But neither of those warp Reality in order to make stuff that shouldn't happen happen anyways. Probability does, and it's passive.

From what I gathered, Probability Manip isn't passive, and requires concious thought from Simon. Mario either uses Stop Watch or Extra Card to stop time and then seals Simon's soul in a card, or just oneshots him.

Kitta had no idea he had probability shenanigans but still did something that was literally impossible.

It's just a property of having a ludicrous amount of Spiral Power, something Simon is definitely packing in droves.

Back