• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Diego Brando from Another Universe The World is scaled to Dio Brando The World. But why?, the justification just says he should be comparable to his counterpart but what for?. Isn't Dio's The World from a different timeline than Diego's?, given that timelines are different what proof is there that Diego's The World is comparable to Dio's?.

If there is something I'm missing can someone explain it to me.

We all know it's wrong it just takes 200 replies or more to convince those who think otherwise.

Yeah, I completely agree that they shouldn't scale, which would end up effecting the speeds of Stands in 7 and 8 as those also scale to the original universe. Granted, they were never implied to be as fast

Eficiente said:
We all know it's wrong it just takes 200 replies or more to convince those who think otherwise.
I mean take that up with Medeus, he seems to think that if two alternate universe versions of the same thing arent shown to be drastically different then scaling should be fine. I agree though, as long as both versions are technically the same author/company/etc and arent prone to marvel/dc wonky scaling and shit.

It's literally why all of FE is scaled from Town because of Meteor (the spell) having that AP in one game, which is only in one universe among like 4 main universes.

I can already tell the false equivalence there and idk anything about FE. Part 7 & 8 Stands aren't MFTL, at all, not even close, and in no type of speed.

False equivalence? It looks like The World, acts like The World, has the same powers as The World, is used in much the same way as The World, hell it even sounds like The World, plus it's called The World, except in all caps, etc. The only difference aint even with The World, it's with Diego being a human. It really isnt any different, in fact it's probably closer then Meteor, at least The World looks identical almost (minus a few art style changes).

And there's no contradictory speed feat to make the scaling suspect, nobody has failed to react to anything other then Stands like D4C which kinda scale to The World through Act 4, hell Diego and Johnny have casual triple digit mach feats, which while not MFTL of course, kinda proves that they arent exactly slow and have no blatant contradiction that would make scaling suspect.

Don't look at me, if cross scaling is fine as long as it aint blatantly different then it's fine.

It doesn't matter if it looks, acts, sounds like Dio's The World (At least in my opinion). Of course it will, it's suppose to be this timelines The World so it has similar aspects but if it doesn't have any feats that shows it's speed and strength are comparable to Dio's The World why would we scale it like that?.

Unless there are statments or feats showing it is comparable in stats I don't see why we would scale it to a different one from another timeline without any legit proof other than it looks, sounds, acts and has the same name. That's not enough to me but I'll see what more people think, if they agree with the current scaling then it is what it is.

As fgar as i remember, they do have the same Stand Stats. Not sure how we handle that though.

It looks, acts, functions, sounds, behaves almost identically to the original, the only discrepancies come from Diego being human and his attire.

There exists no blatant contradiction that suggests that it isnt the same Stand.

And the author, as DMB had said, gave the the exact same Stand stats to the thing, signifying that yes, they are indeed supposed to be the exact same Stand and have the same stats.

Hell it's literally the only Stand not to be given it's own page in JoJoveller, presumably because DIO's The World already covers it.

Plus if we can cross scale things that are the same from different timelines, with far less common traits then this fine. Plus it's the same auhor and the like, it aint like it's a case of marvel or pokemon where the alternate universe things written by a different author.

Edit: I mean I was prepared to accept a downgrade, but Medeus kinda said that cross scaling was fine for things like this if not drastically different, it's why FE is town like I said (I originally question FE being town for this very reason).

Unfollowing, I obviously oppose the "you just have to believe" side.

Eficiente said:
Unfollowing, I obviously oppose the "you just have to believe" side.
My dude, it even has the exact same stats and was opted to not be put in JoJoveller because Dio's The World already covered it.

Plus if we can cross scale like that for FE with something that actually does look different and acts a tad different between timelines (and even games) then this should be fine.

Are there any feats for 8-C, MFTL Part 7? From what I see 8-C MFTL Part 7 comes from Diego alone.

If there are no other feats to support 8-C MFTL Part 7, then even if it is meant to be the exact same stand, it would be a massive outlier and should probably be disregarded.

>Are there any feats for 8-C, MFTL Part 7? From what I see 8-C MFTL Part 7 comes from Diego alone.

Not really but (although there's some high end mach feats that are done casually and no character has ever failed to react to something that wasnt another character that would end up scaling to The World), Part 7 focuses more on human battles then Stand battles, the Stands grant their users powers which they fight with, the Stands dont actually fight till the end.

>If there are no other feats to support 8-C MFTL Part 7, then even if it is meant to be the exact same stand, it would be a massive outlier and should probably be disregarded.

It'd only really be a massive outlier if it's blatantly contradicted and seeing as the only Stands that scale to the thing are Tusk Act 4 and D4C and Ball Breaker (and only a fraction of it, D4C scales by not instantly dying due its pummel). You do realize that damaging the thing in and of itself is a feat? Diego's The World by all accounts and purposes is the exact same Stand, functions the same, is sed the same, has the same stats, etc, if a character ends up fighting it and harming it then that's the new feat.

It's honestly like watching DBZ and saying characters cant scale to others for fighting them (which I have seen others say, and it's honestly kinda staggering) unless they have their own feats to back it up because they dont have any feats that are even close, when fighting that character is the feat. Part 7 lacks feats in general due to the nature of the part being more focused on strategy and human on human battles, but as there doesnt exist any blatant contradiction to The World's statistics and the scaling then by all acounts, it's the same and Act 4 scales to it. And JoJo aint the only verse that does so, Hell, Fire Emblem's entire scaling is based on one spell in one game cross scaling to alternate timeline versions of that spell and Pokemon does that same thing and abuses the shit out of it and unlike those JoJo is written by one author who specifically choose to bring back The World for the finale.

tldr if Diego's The World is the same Stand as Dio's The World then Tusk Act 4 scales to it as that's a feat in and of itself. Unless Diego's The World is different then the scaling is fine, it'd be like saying Part 5 cant scale to Chariot from King Crimson harming it or Part 6 scaling through Jotaro because there aint any good feats in that part other then the scaling.

I'll change my tone though if you go and make a thread about FE cross scaling through meteor.

If that's fine then so is this, I don't disagree with either scaling, I personally think it's fine but if that's accepted then I'll conceede, I aint gonna have blatant double standards gimp some scaling but it be fine and abused for other verses that have less going for it.

>Hell, Fire Emblem's entire scaling is based on one spell in one game cross scaling to alternate timeline versions of that spell and Pokemon does that same thing and abuses the shit out of it.

Two things about that.

First: that seems utterly ridiculous.

Second: I suppose if that is accepted for those verses, along the general lack of Part 7 feats to really contradict anything, it seems fine to scale Diego to the original DIO.

I want to re-read the part where Johnny harms Diego though, just to confirm something.

Also, to be fair I am sort of uncomfortable with Jotaro being the basis for Part 6 considering he is explicitly weaker than his Part 4 self, who was somewhat weaker than his Part 3 self.

The Chariot feat is different though as Diavolo specifically says that Chariot hasn't lost any of its power, suggesting Polnareff never got weaker than his Part 3 self.

I mean that's what we do. If you see a FE character that's tier 7, it's due to scaling to Meteor, which was town level from FE4 despite lacking any feats comparable to that in other games and even alternate timelines it appears in, even though over a third of the games take place in alternate timelines.

https://********.org/chapter/24550/11

Here's the link, ******** is being kinda fucky right now though, Tusk Act 4's nail bullets shoots a hole in it's neck pipe thing and makes it spray some blood. And Johnny and Act 4 can react to it.

I have re-read the bit where Johnny harms The World and, while I think it is a little iffy, I support scaling Johnny to The World. On this page he breaks part of The Worlds armour https://********.org/chapter/24551/9 and on the next page he causes The World to bleed. Not much, however certainly damage, and if it is accepted that Diego scales to DIO, then Tusk harmed what is meant to be one of the strongest stands physically in the series.

That combined with the fact that scaling something clearly intended to be the exact same is accepted for other verses, it seems fine to keep Part 7 as it is.

PlotInducedStupidity said:
The Chariot feat is different though as Diavolo specifically says that Chariot hasn't lost any of its power, suggesting Polnareff never got weaker than his Part 3 self.
Nobody scales King Crimson to Pol from crippled Pol (who did get weaker, he says so himself, it just wasnt noticable in battle). They scale from the flashback.

If you dont like the Part 6 example (i kinda agree, was mostly only talking about MIH and Weather when I said that, i dont think Jolyne scales in the slightest). Use Part 4 instead of SO.

Tusk Act 4 is stronger then The World and SP in noncanon games and the like if that matters at all (I dont like using noncanon, but it's geberally accepted by most that Act 4 is strong as shit, scientifically it should be above The World via statements alone anyway). Act 4 is considered the second strongest Stand in EOH behind GER.

Although I do have a bit of an issue scaling all of Part 7 to the world, Act 4 scales of course and Ball Breaker but the part other then those backscales from D4C who got stomped by Act 4 (it didnt die but its punches were strong enough that it literally blew its eyes out of the sockets and Johnny himself was already in a bit of a weakemed state), Part 7 scales but all but 3 characters scale to only a fraction of the full scaling. So unless it's Johnny and Gyro it's only a fraction of the full thing, would still be the same tier but only less so.

Back