• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Didn't think of Magic Defense for Wonderful World Earlier...

(NOTE: This is a possible CRT.)

In a previous comment I made, I stated that The game's Blocking ability is the kind that is Magic Defense. I used Ol' Sasa Rider as my case as her Block Shape is different from the rest of the verse. From there, I also stated the rest of the Playable Verse's Blocking should scale to Sasari Haruha/Shashin Haruhisa. I used the classic Ryuza Langra example for this. While it seems that he is able to block with his Black Wolf Fang Sword, there was something in front of it also; a shield. Similar to the one Sasari made. At least, this should imply that the Playable verse is capable of some degree of Magic Resistance (The Overall Playable Verse). As evidence, Semnia Eubaints' Abyss Vortex's seem to have no effect on such a thing (& being sucked up into them results in OHKO/BFR.), Rosalice Hermail's Holy Magic, Even Demon Magic on scale of that of Majin individuals (This can include Friede's Capture Life Magic, & Semnia's Magic Erosion (Similar to Areyu.), Disturb it, Dimensional Cutting, Hellfire (Which can burn souls.), & even removing one from existence.). Even Ryuza Langra's Black Flame Demon Magic can swat Magic. & to think the Magic Defense of this verse is resilient enough for this...

I dunno if this proof for Magic Resistance, but if it is, this should scale to the planned Overall Playable Verse (Thus sadly, At best, Rufin Runchester is the best that has the Worst Magic Defense before Cielo Graykiss, who has the worst but can do all of what's mentioned.)

Bottom line, The Playable verse possibly has all this defensive ideas in mind. As this is a CRT, if this is approved, this could move the verse pretty well. That said, after all this, I just wanted to know Duna Haize's Thunder Spread Finish Skill's Electricity output, to see how much Volts it can pull off (A regular Cloud to Ground Lightning Bolt is 1 Billion Volts. 10 Trillion Watts in this case. Just imagine a lot of those at once, in just one frame alone...)

Thanks again for reading. I hope you don't mind, but I got to translate some things...

EDIT: Some clarifications...

It can also block physical strikes like, say, a Slash of a blade, Fist/foot, Fuga Hertzwell's Bullet rounds, Even Duna's Electrical Discharge Abilities

Also, in the Wonderful World (Verse), Anyone can use magic to a certain degree. Considering we're just referring to playable characters (& future playable characters; so Rufin & Athha have been stated by Ainefill himself to not be playable.), the kind capable of Magic Defense, can pretty much do all of those, as we've already established. That said, it's called "Magic Defense" as it is Magic in nature. So it's not just some forcefield in this regard. Which is Ironic as Duna Haizen's Electric Discharge is not magic (Again, already established.), but since the population of such a world is capable of some degree of magic, Duna is, obviously capable of the same technique. Just wanted to point that out for those who are confused at first.

Hope this helps...

BUMP!
Just wanted some thoughts for a potential new ability for the verse... Any verdicts?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems this more of a magic sheild that can block magic I.E., a ward, rather than resisting magic outright.

Apologies. Didn't have enough time to respond last night; EST. Anyways, It doesn't just block magic. It can also block physical strikes like, say, a Slash of a blade, Fuga Hertzwell's Bullet rounds, Even Duna's Electrical Discharge Abilities (Which, as one must know, is NOT magic.).

So it does have more uses than just defense against Magic. Should I add that to the OP?

Well, blocking physical strikes is also a standard for Forcefeilds.

Again, this is just really good forcefeild creation, not a resistance to magic that the characters have themselves. The Forcefeilds they create, though, can block haxxy magic from what I see, which is powerful in itself.

I think I have to clarify what "Magic Defense is...

Obviously, I should explain how this is really called "Magic Defense". Firstly in the Wonderful World (Verse), Anyone can use magic to a certain degree. Considering we're just referring to playable characters (& future playable characters; so Rufin & Athha have been stated by Ainefill himself to not be playable.), the kind capable of Magic Defense, can pretty much do all of those, as we've already established. That said, it's called "Magic Defense" as it is Magic in nature. So it's not just some forcefield in this regard. Which is Ironic as Duna Haize's Electric Discharge is not magic (Again, already established.), but since the population of such a world is capable of some degree of magic, Duna is, obviously capable of the same technique. Just wanted to point that out for those who are confused at first.

Question/Conjecture: Should I add all the mentioned info of mine in the OP? I believe that would clarify a lot of misguided ideas...

Yeah... again, it looks like a ward.

If you can link me a scan of it hitting somone's actual body and they're resisting it, sure, but it looks like some sort of power is blocking whatever the other is trying to do.

Hmph. Well, I guess it could make for a Powers & Abilities update at least...

Ironically, Two characters can make a defense outside of this, but it's weak to even gun bullets (Which is hell, considering one of those moves is from Semnia Eubaints...) Okay, it's settled, yet another dupe, though I do know at least 2 characters of aforementioned verse that can survive such things outside of blocking. BUT; I'll have to make a calc request for it first. & While Friede isn't one of them, she can, though dodge it as if she is a shadow... I'll have to request this immediately if I have to...

You can add in parenthesis next to Forcefeild Creation something like "(Creates a ward that is cabable of blocking magic that can blah blah blah etc.)"

You might want at least one more comment from Staff, though.

Okay... Dunno if it's too late though; I'm already doing a Calc Request... & 22 minutes after you of all things... >_<|||

It's fine, no worries.

I honestly doubt another staff member would have issues; this is pretty straightforward.

All right... I'll have to wait for now. I got other things to do... (Why do I say that a lot...?)

BTW, would I need one more approval from a staff member, Dargoo Faust? Or is it cleared to be used? All I know is the Ability Name; Forcefield Creation. But I'm asking just in case.

BUMP!
Actually, now I think about it, Magic Defense always seems to be online as in the Wonderful World (Verse), None of the playable roster seems to get sucked in anyway. Could this apply to some degree of Void Manipulation? The Abyss seems to have some qualities of a Void, such as when being in, those in automatically die... Dunno about other qualities...

BUMP!
Still there? I think I might have an idea for the "Forcefield Creation" feat...

Forcefield Creation via Magic Defense (At least Sasari Haruha & Cielo Graykiss' Parrying has this, & all playable/soon to be playable characters should be comparable to this. This can negate some degree of Void Manipulation equal to the level Semnia Eubaints' Abyss is as a Void. It can also negate Demon Magic Ryuza's Black Flames, Semnia's 1-7 Devil Swords' abilities, and so on. All conventional Element magic, Spiritual Magic (Sasari & Shake Highland for instance. Even Cielo's Spirit Contract Partner, Amenhotep, which the verse can interact with, potentially giving them "Spiritual Interaction" as a verse despite only Cielo & Eldio Gajurale being able to communicate with him.

How do you think I should simplify this? Also as one said earlier, just entering a Void can kill instantaneously. The Abyss should count as one as entering = Death. I'll have to do further research on this though...

Back