• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Did you see the Black Sun - Kamen Rider Black Sun Introduction

Jamesthetaker

He/Him
Welcome back to another Kamen Rider revision, this time introducing one of the most recent Kamen Rider series to our verse page: Kamen Rider Black Sun.

Kamen Rider Black Sun's specs are taken from the official Kamen Rider Zukan.

Updated: I added the AP scaling sandbox, and now we need to vote on which option to use.

Introduction

Kamen Rider Black Sun is a 2022 reboot of the original Kamen Rider Black, which debuted in 1987 to commemorate the series' 35th anniversary as well as the franchise's 50th. The series premiered on Amazon Prime as a web series with ten episodes. Kamen Rider Black Sun is a modern re-imagining of Kamen Rider Black, in which it heavily focuses on politics, society's crises, et cetera, and is aimed at a mature audience.

Because of it, Kamen Rider Black Sun is more grounded in reality instead of being sci-fi and fantasy than most Kamen Rider series. However, this does not imply that the series lacks power, as it still contains a fair share of supernatural elements.

Profile and Rating​

Now we get into the real deal. I have been working on Black Sun and Shadowmoon for a while. I also thought of making a Creation King profile, but he could wait later.
As you can see, all ratings are currently left TBH, with the exception of Lifting Strength. This is because I'm still looking for feats to rate, which leads us to the following issue:
I've made several calcs, but most of them haven't been evaluated, except for the iron pillar one, which was rejected. I'm quite concerned with the "huge pillar" calc as well because I also made an assumption about the size of the pillar.

In case the specs are rejected, I have come up with a idea for AP rating.

Ability Parameter​

Ability Parameter is the statistic given by Kamen Rider Zukan for each Rider. Here are the following specs for the Black Sun and Shadowmoon:
Kamen Rider Black Sun

spec
■ Height: 202.2cm
■Weight: 87.0kg
■ Punch power: 10.4t
■ Kick power: 22.0t
■ Jump power: one jump 36.0m
■ Running ability: 7.2 seconds for 100m

Kamen Rider Shadowmoon

spec
■ Height: 202.2cm
■Weight: 88.0kg
■ Punch power: 11.0t
■ Kick power: 23.0t
■ Jump power: 33.0m per jump
■ Running power: 7.4 seconds for 100m

So, Black Sun and Shadowmoon's power is about 10–20 tons per spec, which nets them a City Block level rating. The issue here is that the Ability Parameter is mostly contradicted by in-series feats, for example, Kuuga Rising Mighty has a Low 7-B (2.17 Megatons) rating on our page, yet the specs list his power as 50 tons.

What's the point of bringing this up? While the stats are frequently refuted by in-series feats, it's possible that WoG doesn't know how strong the Rider in particular is. Of course, the writer could not provide a precise value, but they did provide an estimate of how powerful the Riders are.

Given the grounded nature of Black Sun, I feel that 10–20 tons is an estimate of how powerful Black Sun needed to be in order to destroy the iron pillar and a massive pillar. That being said, I think a "Possibly" rating should do due to the inconsistent nature of the Ability Parameter.

AP Scaling​

Here is the sandbox detailing AP scaling for Black Sun Riders; please vote on which option to use.

Sandbox

Conclusion​

• Introducing the Black Sun and Shadowmoon profiles to our verse page
  • Getting all the calcs evaluated
  • Adding a "Possibly City Block level" rating based on Ability Parameter
  • Voting on whether Zukan's power stats should be used or not.

Last edited:
I think getting the calcs evaluated might be better. If only to maintain the consistency of ignoring the power ratings from Zukan.

Is the Zukan talking about tons of force or tons of tnt? Cause wouldn’t that create different ratings for AP?

Is the Zukan talking about tons of force or tons of tnt? Cause wouldn’t that create different ratings for AP?
I think Zukan is referring to tons of TNT in Rider Parameter. The Zukan was very specific about what the word "tons" meant in different contexts.

1. Kiva's specs directly refer to the 8-ton kick.
spec
■Height: 200cm
■Weight: 98kg
■Punching power: 6t
Normal kicking power: 8t
■Jumping power: 85m in one jump
■Running power: 6.5 seconds for 100m
■Special move: "Darkness Moon Break" (right leg open kick: destruction) force 30t)

balancer anklet
Its right leg has its power sealed by the Hell's Gate, but the power it contains far surpasses that of ordinary humans. While maintaining an even balance of power with his right leg, even with normal kicks in a restrained state, it is possible to unleash an explosive destructive power of about 8 tons.
2. Autovajin's specs use tons to measure weight.
hammer boots
Ankle made of multi-layered boards made of Solmetal 228, a super metal developed by Smart Brain that has a hardness close to that of a diamond. Even if an object weighing 50t is dropped and hit directly, it will not be crushed.
3. Blade's specs use tons of impact.
shoulder gardner
A shoulder guard made of Orichalcum Platinum, a super metal that can absorb 120 tons of impact and has a self-healing function.

Given that the ton value in Kiva's specs is used to describe the destructive power, I believe it is the same case with Black Sun.

I think getting the calcs evaluated might be better. If only to maintain the consistency of ignoring the power ratings from Zukan.
Well, I'm making an exception here lol
Also which AP calc that we're going to use if all of them get accepted?
The Cricket Kaijin calc for untransformed Kotaro and Nobuhiko. Black/Silver Locust Kaijin will scale to Smilodon. The huge pillar calc for KR Black Sun and KR Shadowmoon.

I think the profile look alright enough. I'll let the calc members deal with the evaluations of the calcs.

With most of the calcs evaluated, we now have proper values for Kamen Rider Black Sun and Kamen Rider Shadowmoon.

Here is a sandbox detailing what AP, speed, and lifting strength will look like:

Sandbox

Additionally, I also added an option that included Zukan's power stats as "Possibly", so now I need everyone to vote on which option to use.

I personally prefer option 1, just to keep the tradition of not using Toei's stats, and I don't think they refer to tons of TNT, but metric tons of strength instead.

With most of the calcs evaluated, we now have proper values for Kamen Rider Black Sun and Kamen Rider Shadowmoon.

Here is a sandbox detailing what AP, speed, and lifting strength will look like:

Sandbox

Additionally, I also added an option that included Zukan's power stats as "Possibly", so now I need everyone to vote on which option to use.
Option 1 is good.

Since option 1 has been unanimously agreed upon, all that remains is to add the profiles to the wiki.

Hey James I just realized something, you think black sun has longevity? Cause dude’s 70 and looks younger than my parents.

Hey James I just realized something, you think black sun has longevity? Cause dude’s 70 and looks younger than my parents.
Maybe? I thought it had to do with the actor's real age, not the character.

Also no offense, but your parents couldn't look older than a guy in his fifties.

Back