• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
EmperorDoom25 said:
If he has 10 seconds stolen, then who cares? He's not moving, acting or consuming mana inside the time skip, therefore the IS time limit won't go down, as Ikki is not getting tired
Are you sure? King Crimson ability makes people move even if they have never thought to make such a move before the time skip.
Can someone give me a detailed explanation of Time Skip? Do people move or not withing the time skip?

LordUrien935 said:
I'm gonna lean towards Diavolo for Tactical's reasons and also ^^^
Ok, but Tac's reasons don't count the fact that Diavolo won't sense or see an opponent at all so time skip wouldn't be his 1st move in character. Anything to defend that point?

Firephoenixearl said:
EmperorDoom25 said:
If he has 10 seconds stolen, then who cares? He's not moving, acting or consuming mana inside the time skip, therefore the IS time limit won't go down, as Ikki is not getting tiredAre you sure? King Crimson ability makes people move even if they have never thought to make such a move before the time skip.
Can someone give me a detailed explanation of Time Skip? Do people move or not withing the time skip?
Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihRIsHjpQv0

DMB 1 said:
Firephoenixearl said:
Ikki may gain acausality soon, but that's for another time.
He would have to have type 4 or 5 acausality to get around time-skip.
He will either have type 4 or immunity to fate manip. It depends, i will think about it when i make the thread.

When Diavolo activates his time-skip, the actions that would have played during the next 10 seconds are of full display for him to see. No one other than Diavolo (and King Crimson) can move within this phase (which he can use to his advantage to position himself to perform an attack afterwise), and he is pretty much unaffected by everything. Those 10 seconds of times don't exist anymore, and once Diavolo concludes the time-skip/time-erasure, it's like 10 seconds have passed, though they never did: only the results of the action you would have taken during the previously erased 10 seconds remaining, and thus, no one except for Diavolo can remember anything.

If Ittou Raisetsu is activated, which would be needed for blitzing, and King Crimson skips time, he's going to lose seconds from his 60 seconds.

What Diavolo sees via precog is guaranteed to happen. Ikki cannot help it. If Diavolo sees himself die, he is destined to die. To prevent this, King Crimson's ability exists, to skip the time of death. Ikki is stuck attacking Diavolo's Alternate Future Display and is unable to adjust while King Crimson positions itself for a donutmaker punch.

If Diavolo decides to put some distance, he can because Ikki will be stuck attacking the AFD. This would allow Diavolo to see in 3rd person what's attacking, even if he can't in first person.

King Crimson's ability makes him virtually unblitzable.

Ikki is definitely moving and attacking during time erase. He's losing time. Its not a time stop.

Firephoenixearl said:
He will either have type 4 or immunity to fate manip. It depends, i will think about it when i make the thread.
1) Immunity to Fate Manipulation is a NFL, at best it's resistance, and that still wouldn'tsave him unless it's outright type 4 acausality

TacticalNuke002 said:
What Diavolo sees via precog is guaranteed to happen. Ikki cannot help it. If Diavolo sees himself die, he is destined to die. To prevent this, King Crimson's ability exists, to skip the time of death. Ikki is stuck attacking Diavolo's Alternate Future Display and is unable to adjust while King Crimson positions itself for a donutmaker punch.
DIavolo's abilities aren't Alternate Future Display, as the latter will show you various possibilities of what could happen, while Diavolo's will show only what will happen.

The opponent's actions still remain the same (or to be more precise their result). The only one who truly changes is Diavolo. In a way, it's kind of the opposite of AFD.

@Tac

Yeah which is why Ikki is going to use it at the right moment. In a moment when it'll be impossible to act against (he has knowledge after all).

Ok this is becoming tiring you keep dodging the topic. Ikki is invisible to KC and Diavolo completely. Prove me Diavolo and KC's first moves in character when they have to fight an opponent leagues above their own who they cannot even percept is going to be time skip then change hiding spot every 3 seconds stalling. Not to mention they don't even know about IS's weakness of the time limit. Give me a similar case and i'll agree with your "KC uses time stop continuously to hide even though there is nothing KC can do to percieve or fight Ikki".

Precog and Time Skip don't make you unblitzable. Especially since Diavolo's precog seems pretty bad. I though he could see everything in the next 10 seconds, he can apparently only see the result which makes it all the more useless in this fight.

@DMB1

As i said it depends. Idk yet, but if the Desperados don't have to abide by their fate then it's immunity. Fate Manipulation changes someone's fate, but if said fate cannot affect the individual it's useless. Anyway this'll be for the actual CRT.

Yeah, Epitaph+Time Erase is an OP combo. Even if Diavolo somehow gets hit during Time erase, once the time erasure finishes he'll be unharmed as the time in which he got damaged got deleted. We explicitly see in his fight against Risotto. The fact that he can spam time erasure without cooldown and that the time limit for Ikki's boost would go down even in erased time is just even more OP

I already voted above for Diavolo, btw.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Moving slightly away and checking what's attacking. And spamming the living hell out of time skip while he's at it.
"Moving slightly away" Im assuming you mean once time skip starts.

"Checking what's attacking" Yes ofc, cus it's not like im saying "they cannot see or sense Ikki in anyway due to Trackless Step". I mean ofc he just moves a bit to the side and sees, that completely nulls trackless step.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Triforce
Anything to counter the fact that Diavolo cannot even percieve Ikki?
The fact that even then he can still see the damage done to his body. As we see in his fight against Risotto, when he sees his head exploding without anything seemingly hitting it, his first instinct was to time erase the time when he got hit.

@Tac

Nope, KC wouldn't see anything, even then. Ikki would still be undetectable by both.

@Tri

It's a different case when you don't even know your opponent.

TacticalNuke002 said:
If Diavolo sees himself die, he's obviously not going to let it happen. Whether he knows the enemy or not.
That doesn't somehow make it in character for him to spam time skip and hide.

Firephoenixearl said:
That doesn't somehow make it in character for him to spam time skip and hide.
He is the type of guy to hide a lot, look at his fight with Bruno.

And yes, if he can't kill him instantly, he's gonna use Time-Skip a lot.

Though that's basically the only thing he has ever done.

He hides in his fight against Bruno and he's stealthy in his fight for the Requiem Arrow.

TacticalNuke002 said:
He literally was doing it in his first appearance.
Bruno wasn't an invisible dude KC had 0 knowledge on though. Even running to hide could result in going to hide right next to Ikki in this case as he cannot detect Ikki's presence.

You can't run away from something you don't know where it is.

And Ikki can't hit someone he doesn't know where he is. Since's going to be attacking at the spot where Diavolo was standing for some time.

Hmm ok then Diavolo should take this.

Ikki is going to be upgraded to 8-A soon though, so i'll leave it up to you whether you wanna add this or not. Adding and removing this seems like useless work though.

8-A? Seriously? Geez.

Well, I suppose my vote's back on Diavolo. Dang that's an OP JoJo character.

Can you link the blog or CRT where 8-A Rakudai characters have been confirmed? Sorry, I get sick of people claiming upgrade is happening without saying where the upgrades are happening from.

I will be making the CRT shortly. The CRT is not up yet, which is why im not saying "close this Ikki stomps". I will give you a link once i make the CRT though.

"At least Building level with her subconscious magical barriers (Able to survive the power of her own attacks and blocked a direct strike from base Ikki), City Block level with Empress Dress | At least Large Building level (Tanked Ouma's attacks without any major injuries), at least City Block level with Empress Dress (Should be more durable than before)"

Back