• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diane (NNT) vs Oars (One Piece)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diane vs Oars

derr2k3-373738c9-b320-41a7-961b-2aa8c2a41a39.png
420.png

The Serpent's Sin of Envy: @speedster352, @Kachon123
The Continent-Puller:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
True, from what I know, Diane should have a massive LS advantage. And she has defensive and offensive magic outside of just being a close combat fighter, so that should help...? I'm not super knowledgeable on how she fights so I'll ask for some SDS supporters

Diane seems to have an AP advantage, on top of being more versatile. Could Oars prevent his spine from getting broken while he's fighting Diane + her Golems? all while she's spamming large AOE earth moves?

Oar's acrobatics, and superior skill should definitely help, but considering he doesn't feel pain, Diane could quickly add up damage onto him with her earth magic, all while spamming her earth barriers and Heavy Metal to protect herself.

That said, I haven't read NNT in like a year, this might not even be how she fights in character-

Diane seems to have an AP advantage, on top of being more versatile.
She has more listed abilities but she's not more versatile.
Oars scales to Luffy's versatility which drastically outscales her own
Could Oars prevent his spine from getting broken while he's fighting Diane + her Golems? all while she's spamming large AOE earth moves?

Oar's acrobatics, and superior skill should definitely help, but considering he doesn't feel pain, Diane could quickly add up damage onto him with her earth magic, all while spamming her earth barriers and Heavy Metal to protect herself.
Yall know he can jump like... really high... to dodge her attacks right? And also use wide AOE physical attacks right?

And he also has speed amps which are capable of outspeeding her attacks.

She has more listed abilities but she's not more versatile.
Oars scales to Luffy's versatility which drastically outscales her own

Yall know he can jump like... really high... to dodge her attacks right? And also use wide AOE physical attacks right?

And he also has speed amps which are capable of outspeeding her attacks.
Not friends and mother earth and he has no counter to heavy metal and etc Diane wins this

Not friends and mother earth and he has no counter to heavy metal and etc Diane wins this
Yo stop just saying "he has no counter gg" you do this in every thread.

Mother earth is just her hitting the ground and producing rocks everywhere. Not every square inch of the ground is equal to her full yield.

Heavy metal is an AP amp. He has AP amps as well.

Stop doing shit like that "they have no counter to these abilities that i refuse to explain and gg" like what

Also, I forgot to add it for some reason, but recently it's accepted that Oars has these

Since he can do everything Luffy can do.

Don't say "oh it's not on the profile haaaaa", it's accepted. Oars can do it, just needs to be added.

So Oars has all of those as well. He can **** around and copy Mother Earth if he felt like it.

IDK against the strawhats he didn't seem to nearly show any battle smarts or anything worth noting, in fact he just seemed to be throwing attacks and the only reason why they were effective, was because he had the AP advantage.

IDK against the strawhats he didn't seem to nearly show any battle smarts or anything worth noting, in fact he just seemed to be throwing attacks and the only reason why they were effective, was because he had the AP advantage.
He was getting jumped by tiny people

Luffy doesn't try to read and copy attacks from tiny people, he just washes them.
Same with Oars especially while being controlled by Moria.

This is an enemy that's [still drastically shorter than Oars, but] bigger than the average tiny person

He was getting jumped by tiny people

Luffy doesn't try to read and copy attacks from tiny people, he just washes them.
Same with Oars especially while being controlled by Moria.
Well I'd see no reason why Oars wouldn't try to read and or copy moves ESPECIALLY in a moment like this, where he's getting jumped and attacked my tiny people. Oars couldn't even "wash" them as they were far too resilient and agile, so if anything why wouldn't he try to. He was even getting frustrated and was just having baby rage iirc because of them, which is imo nothing like Luffy

Oar's has Luffy's skills, but he isn't literally a giant Luffy.

Just like Ryuma had different strategies and personality than regular Brook, despite sharing some traits.

Saying he's going to do shit like start copying Diane's movements seems really, REALLY out of character for literally anything we've seen Oars do. He wasn't shown to be a particularly smart fighter, even despite having Luffy's skills implanted into him.

Well I'd see no reason why Oars wouldn't try to read and or copy moves ESPECIALLY in a moment like this, where he's getting jumped and attacked my tiny people. Oars couldn't even "wash" them as they were far too resilient and agile, so if anything why wouldn't he try to. He was even getting frustrated and was just having baby rage iirc because of them, which is imo nothing like Luffy
They were throwing combo attacks at him. He can't copy combo attacks.
They sent Brook flying like a slingshot with a lightning amped sword at him.
They made a giant bird shaped fireball.
They used devil fruit only abilities like Robin's and Chopper's.
Heck, Sanji caught on fire and Zoro used pillar swords.

Things he did copy from Luffy that we see is his love of using the surroundings for battle, shown here and here, predicting trajectory of attacks, shown here, sending back attacks, shown here.

Even his method of countering is similar to Luffy, dodging very close range attacks and countering like how he did here, blocking off guard attacks like here.

Also, if yall saw Thriller Bark, you know that after all the damage that was put on him, he's not going down unless Diane does something like completely shatter his skeleton.

I won't come and bring up all of Oars' abilities until his CRT gets accepted, nor will I close this thread and abuse my power cause I want Oars to win (I obviously want Oars to win because I can believe he can win), but just saying that what he can do now is good enough to win.

Things he did copy from Luffy that we see is his love of using the surroundings for battle, shown here and here, predicting trajectory of attacks, shown here, sending back attacks, shown here.
Throwing rocks to hit away attacks from tiny people, and using surroundings =/= being equal to Luffy in skill

Even his method of countering is similar to Luffy, dodging very close range attacks and countering like how he did here,
Zoro and Sanji have dodged "very close range attacks" like that too. Are they equal to Luffy in skill based off of that?

predicting trajectory of attacks, shown here
This doesn't show predicting anything, to me at least. He's just faster than Zoro/fast enough to react to it.
blocking off guard attacks like here.
Because he's smart enough to block with his arm? I mean it doesn't take a genius to block with their arm.

I pretty much share the same view as @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch. Oars has Luffy's skills, that much I agree with. But fighting exactly like Luffy to a tee I completely disagree with. Oars was literally a giant baby with Luffy's fighting style, that was it. He was nothing like Luffy at the end of the day. Much like Ryuma wasn't like Brook.

Throwing rocks to hit away attacks from tiny people, and using surroundings =/= being equal to Luffy in skill
Literally having Luffy's skill = being equal to Luffy in skill
Zoro and Sanji have dodged "very close range attacks" like that too. Are they equal to Luffy in skill based off of that?
What in the false equivalence?
I said Oars showcased Luffy's own skill.

Did you not read Thriller Bark? Oars is literally a giant with Luffy's skills, intelligence, willpower, memories, and more.

The law of shadows is that whoever has someone else's shadow gains their fighting style and fighting abilities + skill.

Yall are flat out just saying "no".
Oar's has Luffy's skills, but he isn't literally a giant Luffy.

Just like Ryuma had different strategies and personality than regular Brook, despite sharing some traits.
Much like Ryuma wasn't like Brook.
???

Ryuma fought exactly like Brook.
It's flat out stated and shown that he has every single one of Brook's techniques, except he's just stronger with his techniques. Brook flat out says "his sword style is the same as mine".
The only reason why Ryuma acting kinda different is because his personality has been overshadowed via being a minion of Moria's for years.

It's flat out stated and shown that he has every single one of Brook's techniques, except he's just stronger with his techniques. Brook flat out says "his sword style is the same as mine".
The only reason why Ryuma acting kinda different is because his personality has been overshadowed via being a minion of Moria's for years.
Wouldn't this just mean he has the same abilities as Luffy, such as Bazooka, Pistol, Rifle, ect.? These are things he has shown. He hasn't shown to have Luffy's technique copying, prediction, reactive evolution, and more.

We have already voted with this (Oars having Luffy's gomu abilities) in mind

Then I stand corrected on this point.

But I still disagree with Oars being just like Luffy. He was quite literally an oversized baby, and showcased Luffy's skills but not nearly as intelligent as Luffy is. His fight against the strawhats should be as clear as day to anybody who watches One Piece, that while he is a Luffy clone in fighting style, but in personality he's not the same.

And I believe that that is an important factor in this fight. While I think if Luffy fought Diane, the answer would be more clear because Luffy has distinct showings of his fighting style and intelligence in battle time and time again, Oars has only fought once and his showings prove to me that while he has the same abilities as Luffy, his intelligence is clearly his biggest con, contrasted to Luffy.

Wouldn't this just mean he has the same abilities as Luffy, such as Bazooka, Pistol, Rifle, ect.?
No, because we flat out see that he couldn't do those because those abilities are based off of Luffy's biology, but when Moria allowed him to stretch, he could end up doing it.
These are things he has shown. He hasn't shown to have Luffy's technique copying, prediction, reactive evolution, and more.
When did not showing something mean you didn't have it?
Those are skills of Luffy.

Just like how Jigoro can use the 36 Pound Cannon, which is done by swordsmen with a specific amount of skill, or how Inuppe had Sanji's weakness of not being able to harm a woman, and how Luffy became a skilled swordsman after taking a swordsman's shadow, Oars has his abilities.
Then I stand corrected on this point.

But I still disagree with Oars being just like Luffy. He was quite literally an oversized baby, and showcased Luffy's skills but not nearly as intelligent as Luffy is. His fight against the strawhats should be as clear as day to anybody who watches One Piece, that while he is a Luffy clone in fighting style, but in personality he's not the same.
So he can use Luffy's skills but not his personality.
And I believe that that is an important factor in this fight. While I think if Luffy fought Diane, the answer would be more clear because Luffy has distinct showings of his fighting style and intelligence in battle time and time again, Oars has only fought once and his showings prove to me that while he has the same abilities as Luffy, his intelligence is clearly his biggest con, contrasted to Luffy.
Here's the reason why.

Those who Moria command become complete fodder when subjected to Moria's full control. Inuppe lost Sanji's personality but still had his fighting capabilities.
The only thing that changes is their memories, yet their fighting style remains. That's why their original memories overlap their new memories, and Inuppe and Jigoro had Sanji and Zoro's rivalry even though they forgot their memories.

Oars still had Luffy's instinct of flinching to attacks until he comprehended his immunity to pain.

And I don't know why we're forgetting that Luffy is an idiot just like Oars, the only thing special is his battle capabilities.

Just like how Ryuma ended up with some of his personality traits of when he was alive, Oars, who was an idiot in his lifetime, retained that alongside Luffy's personality traits and memories. Unfortunately, he hasn't been a zombie with Luffy's shadow to the extent of one like Ryuma who has had Brook's shadow for years.

Oars bodies for my many reasons above

Last edited:
No, because we flat out see that he couldn't do those because those abilities are based off of Luffy's biology, but when Moria allowed him to stretch, he could end up doing it.

When did not showing something mean you didn't have it?
Those are skills of Luffy.

Just like how Jigoro can use the 36 Pound Cannon, which is done by swordsmen with a specific amount of skill, or how Inuppe had Sanji's weakness of not being able to harm a woman, and how Luffy became a skilled swordsman after taking a swordsman's shadow, Oars has his abilities.

So he can use Luffy's skills but not his personality.

Here's the reason why.

Those who Moria command become complete fodder when subjected to Moria's full control. Inuppe lost Sanji's personality but still had his fighting capabilities.
The only thing that changes is their memories, yet their fighting style remains. That's why their original memories overlap their new memories, and Inuppe and Jigoro had Sanji and Zoro's rivalry even though they forgot their memories.

Oars still had Luffy's instinct of flinching to attacks until he comprehended his immunity to pain.

And I don't know why we're forgetting that Luffy is an idiot just like Oars, the only thing special is his battle capabilities.

Just like how Ryuma ended up with some of his personality traits of when he was alive, Oars, who was an idiot in his lifetime, retained that alongside Luffy's personality traits and memories. Unfortunately, he hasn't been a zombie with Luffy's shadow to the extent of one like Ryuma who has had Brook's shadow for years.

Oars bodies for my many reasons above

Keeping my Diane vote. I doubt Oars would be able to handle multiple golems, all that scale above him in AP and dura, earth magic spam, and Diane herself all at the same time.

Heavy Metal also amps her dura and AP

Keeping my Diane vote. I doubt Oars would be able to handle multiple golems, all that scale above him in AP and dura, earth magic spam, and Diane herself all at the same time.

Heavy Metal also amps her dura and AP
Yeah and Diane has prior knowledge(read the op) to beat him so Diane fra

Not only does Diane have an Ap and Dura advantage, she also has a massive LS advantage of over 818.5x.

Diane's golems can pin Oars down, while Diane finishes the off with her hammer, breaking his spine.

Prior knowledge for Diane means friends restrain him and attack his right arm with rocks slam and tear him apart the diamond wall and heavy metal to protect herself and the queen's embrace and her other powerful abilities to defeat him. Diane wins this after knowing his weakness.

Literally having Luffy's skill = being equal to Luffy in skill

What in the false equivalence?
I said Oars showcased Luffy's own skill.

Did you not read Thriller Bark? Oars is literally a giant with Luffy's skills, intelligence, willpower, memories, and more.

The law of shadows is that whoever has someone else's shadow gains their fighting style and fighting abilities + skill.

Yall are flat out just saying "no".

???

Have you seen this, this, this, this, this, and this? EDIT SBA means that they are 4km apart so Diane can range spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back