• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Trish High 3-A to Low 2-C Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after all the hype i've heard about DMC over the years, I decided to get into it recently starting with the HD collection. i'm at the end of DMC1 and noticed Trish has a feat of harming base Sparda Dante, which you guys rate as High 3-A to Low 2-C.

the link should go to the timestamp automatically, but if it doesn't 43:40 is where it's at. shouldn't that at least make her likely High 3-A to Low 2-C? i wouldn't be surprised since Mundus created Trish directly according to the cutscene I just listened to.

also I know Dante wasn't expecting the attack, but shouldn't her speed still get upgrade to be around his for it landing at all in the middle of him fighting Nightmare?

I'm not knowledgeable on the older Devil May Cry games so I'll wait for to see arguments. As for the speed, if he wasn't expecting it then I don't think her speed would get upgraded.

I'm not knowledgeable on the older Devil May Cry games so I'll wait for to see arguments. As for the speed, if he wasn't expecting it then I don't think her speed would get upgraded.
he was in the middle of combat with another low 2-C capable of fighting him when she tagged him so I thought she'd at least need to be in the same realm of speed.

Trish is by statements Marionette Lvl...that makes her wall lvl. She is surprised when Dante kills Phantom and Griffon even though he is supposed to be playing around. Showing she is below Phantom and Griffon who are 6Cs.

In the same fight after killing Nightmare she is about to be killed by a falling pillar, which is impossible to die by even if you are small building lvl let alone Low2C.

As you can clearly see, anyone who is not Dante, Mundus or Nelo Angelo is manipulated by Devs to introduce hype and melodrama in the story.
Scaling between only these men 3 hold up.

Only legitimate feat she has is her relativistic speed feat....even which is far slower than Dante.

Not to mention such an upgrade messes up the scaling chain beyond recognition.

Since Cavalier Angelo>DT Trish
And V with his 2 basic summons is above Cavalier. DMC5 Nero > V, Shadow and Griffon.
DMC5 Nero is said to be weaker than if he had Devil Bringer, who himself is can of worms filled with outliers.
DMC4 Nero and Sanctus maybe weaker than Trish but they still scale in same tier.
This does not take into account the mess that will happen to DMC3 Dante and Vergil.

All the 6C cast gets upgraded to low2C is this upgrade is accepted.....which horrendously wrong.

So ye....this is not done.
I hope that answers your questions....and pls close this.

Trish is by statements Marionette Lvl...that makes her wall lvl. She is surprised when Dante kills Phantom and Griffon even though he is supposed to be playing around. Showing she is below Phantom and Griffon who are 6Cs.

In the same fight after killing Nightmare she is about to be killed by a falling pillar, which is impossible to die by even if you are small building lvl let alone Low2C.

As you can clearly see, anyone who is not Dante, Mundus or Nelo Angelo is manipulated by Devs to introduce hype and melodrama in the story.
Scaling between only these men 3 hold up.

Only legitimate feat she has is her relativistic speed feat....even which is far slower than Dante.

Not to mention such an upgrade messes up the scaling chain beyond recognition.

Since Cavalier Angelo>DT Trish
And V with his 2 basic summons is above Cavalier. DMC5 Nero > V, Shadow and Griffon.
DMC5 Nero is said to be weaker than if he had Devil Bringer, who himself is can of worms filled with outliers.
DMC4 Nero and Sanctus maybe weaker than Trish but they still scale in same tier.
This does not take into account the mess that will happen to DMC3 Dante and Vergil.

All the 6C cast gets upgraded to low2C is this upgrade is accepted.....which horrendously wrong.

So ye....this is not done.
I hope that answers your questions....and pls close this.
alright. i'm at 3 right now so I didn't know about all the stuff you mentioned. but aren't you pushing it by saying she's wall level? she was able to full on fight DMC1 Dante in the first cutscene and hurt him enough for him to yell in pain. of course he won when he got serious, but calling her wall level is pretty extreme don't you think?

alright. i'm at 3 right now so I didn't know about all the stuff you mentioned. but aren't you pushing it by saying she's wall level? she was able to full on fight DMC1 Dante in the first cutscene and hurt him enough for him to yell in pain. of course he won when he got serious, but calling her wall level is pretty extreme don't you think?
That was for shock effect on my part....

I was just displaying the point that her tier is variable in the DMC1 game...subject to Devs whim.....her feats are valid in that particular instant in vaccum....but hold no weight or sense in wider narrative and power structure.

Only those feat that hold up scrutiny without compromising rest of the characters in series can be considered.
Anything else is more harm than good.

I hope you understand.

That was for shock effect on my part....

I was just displaying the point that her tier is variable in the DMC1 game...subject to Devs whim.....her feats are valid in that particular instant in vaccum....but hold no weight or sense in wider narrative and power structure.

Only those feat that hold up scrutiny without compromising rest of the characters in series can be considered.
Anything else is more harm than good.

I hope you understand.
alright. i understand. thanks for explaining. guess someone should close this then.

Alls well that ends well...thank you for being civil and reasonable. These few days have been very hectic....so it was nice to conclude amicably.

Mods pls close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back