• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry speed downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Is anybody willing to perform the changes?

I still think DMC4 and DMC2 Dante should scale, with the former being "At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely/possibly Sub-Relativistic" and the latter being "At least Sub-Relativistic".

Him being massively above Abigail and the fact that his DMC3 incarnation can dodge lightning at point-blank range should be enough IMO. But if it's not, then a "possibly" might be added to DMC2 key as well.

I don't really think that is the only problem, as it's a part of The Perpetual's calc, which assumed Mundus created a pocket dimension, which I still think is a better estimation than just teleportation (even the wiki agrees with that).

RebubleUselet said:
I don't really think that is the only problem, as it's a part of The Perpetual's calc, which assumed Mundus created a pocket dimension, which I still think is a better estimation than just teleportation (even the wiki agrees with that).
Oh that ok never mind thought you meant a new calc that was ftl

Actually, the lowest-end, that was 4.97c, didn't come from the dimension creation, but the speed at which Dante & Mundus were, presumably, flying. But again, the whole thing is questionable, so I'm not really sure about using this myself.

Yeah it had something to do with the stars being real or not

If the guide book just said mundus created the dimension we would have 4-A ftl dmc right now

Done the edits, but i think everyone with the at least 7-A [DMC1 Dante, Nelo, Blob Arkham, Sanctus, Modeus and Baul should receive at least High Hypersonic in speed, also its oblivious to say that EOG Nero is faster than DMC3 Dante.

I think everyone who is high hypersonic should be at least the feat was how fast rebellion was moving and Dante was able to move faster than it

Actually, why they are MHS+ only in Combat and Reactions ? (For DMC3 and DMC1 cast)

Nevan Lightning attacks had a good range, avoid them at point blank range it's also a movement speed feat, doesn't ?

Dante Demon Killah said:
Actually, why they are MHS+ only in Combat and Reactions ? (For DMC3 and DMC1 cast)

Nevan Lightning attacks had a good range, avoid them at point blank range it's also a movement speed feat, doesn't ?
Dante can only really avoid it Point blank if he uses royal guard iirc.

Well. we don't really know how Dante kept up with the lightning, and High Hypersonic feat may as well be just a low-end.

I am generally neutral on DMC chars being flat out MHS+ though.

Meh, I guess "At least High Hypersonic with Massively Hypersonic+ Combat Speed and Reactions" it's already fine

Even the person who did the calc said that should be "At least"

Gargoyle One said:
2. I don't really care about the interaction thing but we've been over this a thousand times
One big feat above the others isn't automatically an outlier

An outlier is when a feat is contradicted, and this isn't one of those cases.
That is not the definition of an outlier. An outlier is a result that is far off from the normal body of data. No basic definition of outlier has the caveat of requiring a contradiction. If that's some Vsbattles unique version of it go nuts but so far as the base term and its use in statistics no- all you need is a general set of results that form a distinct area of results and one result that is far out of the normal range.

A character having dozens of supersonic showings and then only one or two relativistic ones for example has two outliers, repeated or not, the relativistic showings do not fall within the normal group of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back