• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry speed downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's the exact same thing with zero difference. Clouds are by definition part of the atmosphere, and Abigail blew them away all over North America.a

Kepekley23 said:
No, it's the exact same thing.
No its not, one is dispersing clouds the other is the kinetic energy of clouds

Not that it matters either way as there arent any clouds to begin with

You need to go back to the basic definition of kinetic energy, which is energy generated by motion. It's by default the same thing.

Sparda 20000000 said:
Okay I did bring this up a while back but there is some stuff of Dante dodging lasers and there are 3 things in favour of it being a real laser

Always moves in a straight line

Always the same speed

Is intangible

Is that enough evidence

Here is Dante dodging it https://i.imgur.com/uBjybtY.gif
But is this enough evidence for it to be looked at

Doesn't matter if the portal is on the ground, shockwaves are pressurized air and spread through the atmosphere as well if strong enough. The clouds can be seen being blown away.

Outwards yes, upwards no, its formed at ground level and you even see it expanding at ground level in the scenes of people running from the demons

@Kep In that regard youre correct, however, i urge you to look at the actual feat. You see actual clouds in the atmosphere and they dont move as a result of the portal, nor are they pitch black.

I have the episode on a tab right now. They do move. The portal is on the ground, therefore the only way the atmosphere would disappear as it spread was if the portal's shockwave blew them back.

You can even see the clouds on the south tip moving away if you slow the video down to 0.25x.

Im...not seeing that anywhere. Ive rewatched the scene 4 times now and i dont see any movement in the clouds, not even a change in shape which would have had to happen considering the shockwave would have made contact with a good amount of them.

The clouds are seen disappearing around the portal even though it's on the ground, which means the portal's shockwave blew them back.

Except that's false as the continent would've also been invisible had that been the case. And it'd be super easy at that, considering green is a much closer parallel to black (the absence of colors) than white.

Seems like bad design. If Dante has to dodge it and it's not heat based, it can't be intangible.

@Sparda

That wasn't their speed it was the camera moving upwards with them. Notice how Dante only moves a few meters once the camera stops focusing on him. This feat also requires the stars in the background to actually be real which is debateable since they could be illusions and Mundus actually having a 4-A feat which would be an outlier regardless and is still very questionable

Kepekley23 said:
Actually, the portal's shockwave blowing the clouds back is in itself a feat orders of magnitude higher than High 6-A.

Boom. Inverse square law.
Out of curiosity how high are we talking?

No one gonna talk about biltz? You know the monster that can move at lightning speed?

In DMC4? (He also my fav monster in Devil may cry verse btw)

And dante can casually reach to it?

inb4 i kill this thread

@Hizack

Blitz is just lightning speed. Scaling Dante to Blitz wouldn't make him any faster than he is already

Vsguy75 said:
@Hizack
Blitz is just lightning speed. Scaling Dante to Blitz wouldn't make him any faster than he is already
I know but i think you know

Move at lightning >>> lightning speed attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back