• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I don't think he would be. Given that he wasn't able to kill Trish, a being who he created. I don't see why we should assume that he is able to implode whatever pocket dimension he created.

But he wasn't even putting any effort to trying to kill Trish...It was literally one of the most casual attacks in fiction.

Hell, it literally paints it as if Trish saved Dante's life, her living was PIS

Yes, the Official Translation talks about him hammering Temen-ni-Gru into the ground.

Both translations deny 3-A Mundus, I just went with Scanlation cause it is much more literal.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yes, the Official Translation talks about him hammering Temen-ni-Gru into the ground.
Both translations deny 3-A Mundus, I just went with Scanlation cause it is much more literal.
Out of curiosity how would Mundus just hammering in the temen-ni-gru be an anti-feat? It wasn't like he intended for there to be a more damaging result, he wanted to get something done and did so successfully. The scanlations are the only ones where you can infer an anti-feat from.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The official translation just gives further emphasis to the fact that he didn't fuse the worlds.
Him not fusing the worlds wasn't the problem I had, my problem was using the scanlation to get an anti-feat out of a scene that wasn't even an anti-feat in the official translations.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
The official translation just gives further emphasis to the fact that he didn't fuse the worlds.
Him not fusing the worlds wasn't the problem I had, my problem was using the scanlation to get an anti-feat out of a scene that wasn't even an anti-feat in the official translations.
Because the Scanlation is likely more accurate, the script in it in general seems more literal which is evidenced by how crude some sentences sound.

Compare Arkham's explanation of Heaven & Earth in the Scanlation and in the Official Translation, it's completely different. In the Scanlation he treats Angels and Demons as just two words for the same thing, and simply refers to the Demon World as Heaven. In the Official Translation they add a War in Heaven / Fallen Angels backstory which is never mentioned anywhere else in the series.

I also agree with these downgrades. Matt pretty much put the nail in the coffin with that Anti-Planet Level statement at the end.

well...i mean here is the thing at least for me is that mundus created a space but due to the way it was shown we don't know the size of it we only know based on the stars but not the exact size. From what I understand the question was to clarify on whether those were legit stars and not flashy background and he said universe so i don't think we should dismiss something that was to clarify the other questions were to ask on his power and vsdebating stuff which he got tired of as Mat said

Also the 3-As are only those who are comparable to Mundus which are as far as ik Prime abigail, Dante (with Majin and sparda DT), Sparda and honestly not much (we also can't mention every demon sparda fought cause he fought everyone and obviously not all scale)

The names shouldn't be a reason tbh idk why that was a reason to begin with and well i never heard on demon world collapsing from mundus's death...I mean there are still hell gates and the world is still intact if we go by that reasoning every demon lord's death = demon world dead which i don't think they rebuild rennovate it also even if mallet island had some place to teleport to demon world the demon world itself wasn't even shaking but mallet island was (also to note Mundus didn't die just lost control of mallet island). The third point does seem to be teleport and dimensional travel but nothing more...

Overall i always thought that the reasoning we had was because of the tweet and while one worded the question was to clarify a feat that didn't have true confirmation (We see many stars around but the dimension is weird so the way is portrayed was iffy from what i see). Idk where i stand tbh on this though

@Redgrave

"well...i mean here is the thing at least for me is that mundus created a space"

In theory, we don't even know if he did it.

"but due to the way it was shown we don't know the size of it we only know based on the stars but not the exact size."

So we cannot assume it is greater than 4-A.

"From what I understand the question was to clarify on whether those were legit stars and not flashy background and he said universe so i don't think we should dismiss something that was to clarify the other questions were to ask on his power and vsdebating stuff which he got tired of as Mat said"

Kamiya gave troll answers to "Is Mundus Universal" questions multiple times. He simply got sick of it and threw a bone at the dogs.

"Also the 3-As are only those who are comparable to Mundus which are as far as ik Prime abigail, Dante (with Majin and sparda DT), Sparda and honestly not much"

Out of the top of my head:

Dante, Sparda, Lucia, Argosax, Bolverk, The Saviour and Abigail (Both past and current, the argument for a pure heart being needed for demon power only applies to Sparda) at least. We also have to consider that even as back as DMC 3 we have characters such as Arkham obtaining enough of Sparda's power to momentarily transform into Sparda's Devil Trigger.

None of these characters are anywhere close to 3-A, and it would still be an outlier if Mundus did show a 3-A feat.

why? though it may happened once but only Mundus did the feat and two Dante would scale to mundus via Sparda DT (only with sparda sword) and Majin DT (after he improvised the sparda DT) while sparda scales cause he fought prime abigail is said to rival him. After Dante gave the sword away to trish NO attack was harming Mundus even though Mundus was so weakened like he barely has much left in him after fighting Dante with sparda DT yet once Dante had no sword he was incapable of harming Munuds AT ALL Mundus said it was weak so Dante had to seal him instead

I listed literally every feat above Tier 7 in DMC, Red. Everything is Tier 7 except for 2 feats, and then we have a feat which is either 4-A to 3-A.

It's an outlier.

Arkham obtains a portion of Sparda's power, doesn't do anything. Abigail is said to rival Mundus, has a High 6-A feat but nothing more. Baul and Modeus are said to be Sparda's top disciples, don't do anything. Argosax is supposed to be stronger than Mundus, doesn't do anything. The Saviour has Sparda's power initially, doesn't do anything. Bolverk fought with Sparda and survived, doesn't do anything...

None of the God Tiers have anything close to 3-A.

We have DBS at 3-A tbf for one feat (goku has a ton of reason for the scale :p) DMC is simillar the 3-A is mostly are based on Mundus's feat who well...only got a few people to scale again only Dante with sparda and majin would scale, sparda while abigail and agrosax i'm too iffy (if we say prime abigail is legit not being used by Sid then he likely would scale but is ultimately weaker)

I get the part of arkham getting a portion of sparda's power but it was stated without having his legit bloodline (like descendants such as Dante and Vergil) they cannot wield his power properly. Baul and Modeus got stomped by base form Dante yes but i don't think they were even god tier just...top tier and at the time Dante didn't use sparda sword so even then I doubt Baul and Modeus scale to sparda though. Argosax idek about that. Savior was used by the priest again goes to the first point about arkham he lacked sparda's blood (in trish's page it even states while she uses the sword she lacked the blood to fully use it to its full potential). A lot of demons tbf survived...he did beat Mundus but sealed the demon world so there is that

What i mean is that arkham and sanctus don't have the blood to use the sword and power to its ultimate potential while Baul and Modeus shouldn't scale to Mundus's feat because they got stomped by Dante in base (the anime is not too far of DMC 1 iirc)

Technically isn't dbs at 3-A for the voiding the universe in punches and the universe sized explosion Beeerus nulled along with like 20 statements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back