• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

4 houes in and besides pluto vs Dante sealing and Absortion i didn't find anything good besides maybe This
How strong are the carus and ice centaur

Last edited:
4 houes in and besides pluto vs Dante sealing and Absortion i didn't find anything good besides maybe This
Don't know if the Carus statement is a suitable feat for it's attack potency
Says Carus' bombardment can turn the busiest of cities into ashes, apparently the busiest cities is Tokyo then Delhi from a Google search

The thread above done by someone else might give an idea if it's accurate in relation to Tokyo

There are some statements here and there. Some that might be from 1.0 but I need to access the chinese version to get the raws and compare.

There isn't anything good tho, also the story mode is just 1.0 story mode but cut and shortened to hell so it is pretty confusing on its own.

There are some statements here and there. Some that might be from 1.0 but I need to access the chinese version to get the raws and compare.

There isn't anything good tho, also the story mode is just 1.0 story mode but cut and shortened to hell so it is pretty confusing on its own.
That explains it

Wait just realized via this game nero angelo will be demon king tier (unless pluto weakened or Something)

So the stuff I think we may get from the global that was in 1.0:

• banshee ressurrection and type 8 shit (she does the animation after "dying" once but not any description of this in the english version tho)
  • pluto fate hax (his moveset description mentions something very similar to the 1.0 version, need raws to check tho)
  • cerberus soul freezing hax (already confirmed ig)
  • Faye demonic form description in english doesn't have the void stuff
  • soul fuckery (every enemy descriptions mentions ******* with the soul one way or another)
  • demon arms needed to fight demons (kinda? some hunters mention DA are amazing to counter demons when talked to in the bar)
  • plutone at least has a cemented purpose (which is killing everyone/enslaving everyone AND turning the human world into another demon world)
  • weapons "lore" (which is more like 'it killed and absorbed countless souls and now is more powerful!')

I should note that I got some interesting tip screens (that I never got again) like telling me players that get hit have a skill issue

Do side stories cover post endings stuff or what cuz wtf Vergil pulled and ****** off with pluton and the snake bitch

Do side stories cover post endings stuff or what cuz wtf Vergil pulled and ****** off with pluton and the snake bitch
I have my idea of what's going on and the explanation is kinda long but to make it short: the broken gear is pulling characters from the timeline and the multiverse to help with something in the mainline universe.

I have my idea of what's going on and the explanation is kinda long but to make it short: the broken gear is pulling characters from the timeline and the multiverse to help with something in the mainline universe.
Broken gear? Hrmmm
What side stories are then to check these too then

Broken gear? Hrmmm
the ones I know is Count Thunder and Eternal Nightmare/Charismatic Ally (same story just a continuation from the other one)

I wasn't playing in the first month cuz irl shit but when I started I only saw Eternal Nightmare story mode.

It's impressive that you guys are willingly to indexing PoC despite everything that had caused the breakdown and the negative reception in the overseas
Or it's because you guys are bunch of maso

It's impressive that you guys are willingly to indexing PoC despite everything that had caused the breakdown and the negative reception in the overseas
Or it's because you guys are bunch of maso
I mean, it's not that bad? We got rid of POC way before any controversy started.

Also despite the bad rep it got (because lets be honest, 2.0 is just a big **** you for all of us) it still is a canonical entry in the series and as such we have to add it just like how I intend to get the live play added as it is apparently canon too

Also the gameplay can be fun from time to time, obviously not as fun as it could have been but at least it's something

Broken gear? Hrmmm

Count Thunder

Count Thunder seems to just be a style akin to Vergil's Dark Slayer and Dante's other styles as noted on this description.

Broken Gear

It seems likely by its silhouette but if the Broken Gear is part of the 6 sacred artifacts Matilda sealed a demon Lord's power in.

Having it as an item like the Book of Demons which is one of the 6 artifacts, could be a thing, there's another chapter to Count Thunder's story so there's more to learn.

From what I can muck up for now....

Broken Gear - Allows its user to travel through time, different timelines or see into the future or past. Broken Gear does this (I presume) through the Memory Corridor, which it's user traverses.

Time Travel
1.Sends V back from DMC V (since that's when he was created around)
2. V comments about being in the same place but at a different time after being sent back.

Precognition
3.Vergil sees himself fight Pluto in the future, and when he stabs Dante with the Yamato at the end of the Count Thunder mission.
4. At the start of V's mission he sees himself obtaining the Broken Gear, then gets it at the end of the first mission.

Dimensional Travel
5.Vergil: Count Thunder goes Into the Memory Corridor to access the Chaos timeline.

Retrocognition
6. V uses the Broken Gear and sees a DMC 3 era Vergil fighting Pluto. (I presume is the past to V)

Would this class for abilities as Time Travel, Dimensional Travel, Precognition and Retrocognition?

Memory Corridor

Time Travel
1. Memory Corridor letting the hunters fight enemies from the past.

2. Dante going through the Memory Corridor in chapter 14 to obtain the Inner Star item.

Hellfilth note
One of the nightmares demon thingies Hellfilth creates is Nightmare Calibur, the non nightmare Calibur is introduced in the Chaos timeline as the Shadow of Calamity. Guess a nod to her statement about her wondering beyond time and space since she is able to create things from other timelines.
That's what I thought about it a while back
Though now I'm more certain it's one of the artifacts due to that close up we got in Charismatic V's intro.
We can add another show of time travel from Charismatic's V mission

Also you don't need to be high level to play the side missions, if you have a PoC account you just need to finish the tutorial stuff and jump straight in as it isn't level based.

@Kisaragi_Megumi we probably aren't getting another DMC entry for another 5 years since Itsuno wants to make something new after DD2, unless they get someone else to direct, this damn thing is all we got and the Netflix anime that's gone quiet again lol

That's what I thought about it a while back
Though now I'm more certain it's one of the artifacts due to that close up we got in Charismatic V's intro.
We can add another show of time travel from Charismatic's V mission

Also you don't need to be high level to play the side missions, if you have a PoC account you just need to finish the tutorial stuff and jump straight in as it isn't level based.

@Kisaragi_Megumi we probably aren't getting another DMC entry for another 5 years since Itsuno wants to make something new after DD2, unless they get someone else to direct, this damn thing is all we got and the Netflix anime that's gone quiet again lol
I see, kinda contradicts my headcanon tho

Imma just post my theory on what's going on here. Also forget about the netflix thing, it has been total silence for 5 years and I really doubt they will ever finish that.

So, this is how things work:

In DMC we have 4 things that make up the cosmology
1) The first one is the human world, a standard space time continuum (a timeline in other words)
2) Separate to that we have the demon world: a universe that contains other universes, your basic ass super timeline or tier 1 thing if you will
3) Third we have the overarching timeline: the spacetime that holds both the demon world and the human world
4) And lastly we have the multiverse, a collection of overaching timelines

We have a hierarchy here of existence. The bigger multiverse is composed of these overarching timelines which is made obvious with vol2.

The Beastheads transport Dante and Beryl to another universe, a parallel timeline. This timeline has it's own human world and demon world.
Now PoC's broken gear is doing the same thing. It's getting hunters from the multiverse to the mainline

How do I know this? because the character descriptions, mainly those from Vergil.

Vergil CT and Nomadic Lightning have interesting descriptions, they specifically note that Vergil got power from the very essence of lightning and that he went to train with a nomadict tribe to learn about the power of lightning. They may seem similar but the fact that we have 2 version of Vergil who mastered their art in different manners shows they arent the same, this is further shown with Endless Judgement Vergil whose description says he is a vague traveler in this world (a bad translation), the japanese version says he actually is a traveler from another dimension.

Moreover CT Vergil story mode has him traveling between dimensions/timelines to reach something according to his deal with Plutone and Medea which just settles the whole thing down as multiversal versions of the same characters.

Oh 6d qas based on the bigger timeline if 5d demon world is pushed
Do we accept anyone scaling to the timeline yet

So, this is how things work:

In DMC we have 4 things that make up the cosmology
1) The first one is the human world, a standard space time continuum (a timeline in other words)
2) Separate to that we have the demon world: a universe that contains other universes, your basic ass super timeline or tier 1 thing if you will
3) Third we have the overarching timeline: the spacetime that holds both the demon world and the human world
4) And lastly we have the multiverse, a collection of overaching timelines

We have a hierarchy here of existence. The bigger multiverse is composed of these overarching timelines which is made obvious with vol2.

The Beastheads transport Dante and Beryl to another universe, a parallel timeline. This timeline has it's own human world and demon world.
Now PoC's broken gear is doing the same thing. It's getting hunters from the multiverse to the mainline

How do I know this? because the character descriptions, mainly those from Vergil.

Vergil CT and Nomadic Lightning have interesting descriptions, they specifically note that Vergil got power from the very essence of lightning and that he went to train with a nomadict tribe to learn about the power of lightning. They may seem similar but the fact that we have 2 version of Vergil who mastered their art in different manners shows they arent the same, this is further shown with Endless Judgement Vergil whose description says he is a vague traveler in this world (a bad translation), the japanese version says he actually is a traveler from another dimension.

Moreover CT Vergil story mode has him traveling between dimensions/timelines to reach something according to his deal with Plutone and Medea which just settles the whole thing down as multiversal versions of the same characters.
Well say no more then lol I guess I really have to piece up the events in my head again

Does anyone here have a CT Vergil or any of the SSS limited banner characters, I'd like to see the lore part you get from clicking on practice which is in-between 'Ideal lineup' and 'Develop'. I don't think you can view it without owning the hunter.

Well say no more then lol I guess I really have to piece up the events in my head again

Does anyone here have a CT Vergil or any of the SSS limited banner characters, I'd like to see the lore part you get from clicking on practice which is in-between 'Ideal lineup' and 'Develop'. I don't think you can view it without owning the hunter.
I got them but discord images can't be used here apparently

Apparently all demons have Nightmare versions of themselves.
V makes a reference to the DMC 5 manga where he tries to contract Phantom and ends up killing him from my memory. The Nightmare Phantom recalls the event, meaning he retains memories of this, but gets foddered anyways lol

Part 2

@Palito266
Does any of this help with some of the CM1 memories and Nightmare stuff you were going for?

Last edited:

Back