• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Detective Pikachu Mewtwo/Pikachu downgrade

Elizhaa already deleted Mewtwo's profile. Pikachu has the exact same problem. Thus, Pikachu must go too. This isn't hard to see.

Because Elizhaa was asked to. Elizhaa didn't contribute to this thread.

Please do not turn this into a ******* 30-post long argument about whether we should continue arguing. If you think you're so right, go to the deletions thread and argue there.

Because this thread is for discussing whether it should be deleted or not.

The profile deletions thread is for posting profiles that are ready to be deleted.

If you think it's ready to be deleted and no discussion is necessary, the profile deletions thread is where you go.

Idk whats going on here currently, but im just going to reiterate what I said before and agree with Cal.

The movie, again, has been blatantly confirmed to be canon to the multiverse by the creators of it. It's not a seperate continuity. So just like Mewtwo, the Pikachu page also needs to be deleted and have whatever new stuff he has added onto the Pikachu page (not Ash).

Our page about [URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Canon']Cano[/URL] said:
The key issue overall is notability/relevance. If a spin-off version of a character is very popular, prominent, and distinctive from the original, with a sufficient number of feats or descriptions to scale from, it can generally be featured.

However, if it is obscure, does not have enough of a distinctive story to even qualify as a separate character (such as if it originates within a fighting game), and very limited information to scale the statistics from, it should likely not be featured.
I think Detective Pikachu is popular, prominent, and distinctive enough from a typical wild Pikachu or the Pikachu (Anime) we see within the adventures of Ash Ketchum. So the profile should stay.

But it ISN'T distinctive enough, it's literally just a regular Pikachu. I could also argue prominency given it only appears on a single movie (which reminds I need to make the thread to delete Pokémon 7 Lucario), and don't get started on "popularity".

Honestly, Detective Pikachu is pretty much like Ash's Pikachu but not actually trained. Both are MC pokemon but one actually goes through battles on a consistent basis.

Ash's Pikachu has actual differences between it and a normal Pikachu, such being able to do things that are literally impossible for others (Thunder Armor, for example), have way higher feats, and has an alternate form where he controls a legendary.

Detective Pikachu is literally just Pikachu but with a human soul inside it, allowing it to talk. But even by the end of the movie, he's just a normal Pikachu again.

DatOneWeeb said:
Detective Pikachu is literally just Pikachu but with a human soul inside it, allowing it to talk. But even by the end of the movie, he's just a normal Pikachu again.
Yeah, basically, it's really no different than any other Pikachu.

So you said we should scale this Pikachu to 5-B? That doesn't seem consistent, nothing else on the movie on Mewtwo's league.

He is a major protagonist who is a seperate individual from other major pikachus, while also having a human mind that grants intellegence unlike other pikachus

I can list you like 3 Pikachu just off the top of my head who are also major protagonist and separate individuals who don't have their own profiles.

That's more because people decided to not make them profiles than any other reason. Sparky and Pika can quite easily have profiles.

Cropfist said:
He is a major protagonist who is a seperate individual from other major pikachus, while also having a human mind that grants intellegence unlike other pikachus
A mind that literally goes away by the end. This Pikachu is only special when Harry's soul is placed inside it by Mewtwo and by the end of the movie, Harry and Pikachu are re-separated. There's nothing unique about this Pikachu other than temporary human mind status.

The page's character is not his pikachu originally owning the body, it's harry who was in the body way more than long enough to be unique.

Even if you want to go that route, Harry being in Pikachu's body still doesn't make it any stronger than the level of regular pikachu.

The only feat Harrychu has that makes it better is fighting Mewtwo, and thats an obvious outlier.

Yes he is. The only difference was his personality and the fact that he can talk. Other than that, he still has similar abilities to Pikachu. Which doesn't matter anymore because the soul gets removed towards the end of the movie and he's back to being a normal Pikachu.

DatOneWeeb said:
Yes he is. The only difference was his personality and the fact that he can talk. Other than that, he still has similar abilities to Pikachu. Which doesn't matter anymore because the soul gets removed towards the end of the movie and he's back to being a normal Pikachu.
Just to clarify (even though I agree with deleting the page), we don't necessarily tier characters by what they are at the end of the story. The fact that it turns into a normal Pikachu at the end doesn't matter, we're cataloguing the detective version.

Agnaa said:
Just to clarify (even though I agree with deleting the page), we don't necessarily tier characters by what they are at the end of the story. The fact that it turns into a normal Pikachu at the end doesn't matter, we're cataloguing the detective version.
I mean... Technically they're both the detective version.

Jason, this Pikachu defeated a Charizard (which may or not be an outlier anyway), so he's clearly not leagues below your regular Pikachu.

DatOneWeeb said:
What doesn't matter is that he loses it at the end. Character changes at the end of a story are not retcons. He does not have a massively similar moveset to other pikachus.

Crop, no move this Pikachu has is unique to it. They are just regular moves any Pikachu can learn, not Thunder Armor. So saying that he "does not have a massively similar moveset to other pikachus" doesn't matter either.

Of which Pikachu can learn every single one of the moves. Been a while since I saw the movie, but as far as I recall... Quick Attack, Volt Tackle, Electro Ball, and implied Thunderbolt.

Back