• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destruction Incarnate (Yami vs Dry) (0/3/0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the stomp definition is getting a little too loose. Is not like Dry wins literally standing around doing nothing.

This falls more into decisive match.

That simply means he gets countered by Dry's stuff, it doesn't mean Dry wins even without trying. He actually has to try. He has to actually use waves if Dura negging slash comes for his ass too.

So again, that should fall into decisive where the outcome is clear. An actual stomp is if Yami's only chance at winning is a move he literally never used or he didn't win even if Dry did nothing.

Is kinda thought based, but he has to actually fire them out or channel them into his weapon. I don't remember if he could create waves to enhance his normal attacks without his weapon.

Still, like I said, it leans more into decisive.

It feels a little too restrictive to say that a character needing to try to block stuff is also no win condition just because they have an answer for things.

All his development has been via watching others fight not actually fight himself I doubt he has actual in combat accelerated development and it takes a long ass time too, I don't know why you call it broken.

That's not even true, since he had accelerated development during the fight against Zagred, a fight in which he literally was involved in.

MindControl116 said:
That's not even true, since he had accelerated development during the fight against Zagred, a fight in which he literally was involved in.
pretty sure he only increased his power again while he was stuck in that bubble thing.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Doesn't his profile directly say that it is limited by it's small size? Not even mentioning how there's no reason it wouldn't get power nulled as well?
Unless you can provide scans of Dry power-nulling black holes or dark magic, I see no reason to assume this would work against Yami.

And like I already mentioned, Dry already fights perfectly well against people that can both blitz him and out AP him.

So can Yami, we have literally seen Yami do this. He fought a dude, Patry, who was literally blitzing him, and he was holding his own. Immediately after, he broke his limits and became much faster and able to keep up with him. He then almost lost to Patry due to Ray of Divine Punishment being an outlier-inducing spell in this series, it being far more overpowered than any other spell in the series in terms of AP and range. He was saved, but immediately after the fight ended, he had to face all three members of the Third Eye, all of whom had been stated to be more powerful than Patry himself, and who were even faster than Patry, too. And Yami still fought them on even grounds after, even though he almost lost to Patry. He continued to fight until his katana broke.

My point is, there are multiple instances of Yami fighting dudes who are clearly stronger than him and managing to stay alive. Also, the fact that he increased his maximal physical stats mid combat is also a form of accelerated development, it's not limited to simply learning new spells.

Which reminds me, is what Rocker says true and he has only gotten stronger by observing fights, or has he done it in the middle of battle?

Yes, he has done it in the middle of battle. In the fight against Zagred, he learned the new spell Dark Cloaked Dimensional Slicer: Equinox. Also, learning new spells is not Yami's only way of accelerated development. Neither is it for my characters in the series.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Damn, seme that people don't wanna since they aren't familiar with either character.

Checking profiles seems to not be a thing anymore.
Checking profiles isn't all that helpful, since understanding all the abilities and powers and stats stated in the profiles requires usually knowing the context of those abilities within the verse and the specifics of how they operate. I know Dry has power nullification, but that's completely useless unless I understand the extent of how it works, why it works, and what are its limitations (and yes, all powers have a limitation, saying otherwise is a no-limits fallacy, which I have seen too many people already doing in this thread). The same applies to Yami's Precognition and Accelerated Development. Even though you knew Yami had Accelerated Development from his profile, you knew absolutely nothing about how it worked and how it would affect this VS thread, because you didn't have the proper context from reading black Clover to understand it. And it isn't possible to understand it without reading Black Clover because it's something very particular within this verse that doesn't translate intuitively to other verses. The same applies for Dry's characters: I can understand he can do certain things, but there is no possible way for me to know how it affects the thread unless I know the context of those abilities and how they relate to other things in his verse, as well as understanding how those things are equalized once we apply cross-verse equalization.

That's one reason commenting on a thread where you're only knowledgeable about one of the verses and not both is a terrible idea. And the other reason is because it's impossible to have an objective, rational opinion about the battle if you only know one of the verses. You're always going to be inevitably biased towards the verse you are more familiar with. I say this because I have followed this VS Battles wiki for many years (although only recently did I actually become a member), and never have I seen someone who was only knowledgeable on a verse give their winning vote to the other character. The only exceptions being the more obvious stomp threads.

Anyway, this is beyond a massive stomp. Putting a character who literally has continental range versus a character with only a few hundred meters of range is very unfair, especially when the character with continental range can nullify all attacks in range at will. He basically wins almost by existing, in the context of this fight.

I don't even see the point of equalizing speed if you're going to allow even more unfair advantages.

Although, then again, there is literally no evidence for this wave technique having continental range. And if it does, it's not stated in Dry's profile, so using that is invalid. But it's still pointless, regarded. Still a stomp, undebatably.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
That simply means he gets countered by Dry's stuff, it doesn't mean Dry wins even without trying. He actually has to try. He has to actually use waves if Dura negging slash comes for his ass too.

So again, that should fall into decisive where the outcome is clear. An actual stomp is if Yami's only chance at winning is a move he literally never used or he didn't win even if Dry did nothing.
Yami's only chance of winning is for him to literally come up with a spell that can resist power nullification, and the only person ever having been shown in Black Clover to develop a spell like this is Vanessa. So, yes, he does need to use a spell he literally doesn't have in order to win. It's a stomp.

If you disagree with the definition of "stomp" as given in the wiki and want it changed, then take that up with a CRT and some admins. But given the current definition of a stomp, this thread is absolutely a stomp in Dry's favor.

Yeah, no not really, he want fighting anything not to mention it took a long ass time.

Why do you like spreading lies? I would love it if you answered my question.

You keep saying he was not in the middle of a fight when it happened, even though, yes, he was. I could care less about your own little definition of "fight" and "long ass time", by anyone else's definition, he was in a fight.

You said there were no feats of FTL in Black Clover in response to Milk's comment. This is false too, as well as you saying he never increased his AP, which is false and this is reflected in his profile. Him having developed a durability-negation technique does not mean he did not increase baseline physical stats.

So, I would like to know why do you continue to make false statements.

Also, this is separate, but I would like to know what the evidence is that Dry is a better swordsman than Yami. Stating he would defeat Yami because he has defeated every swordsman he has ever faced is a no-limits fallacy.

Also, saying his precognition is better than Yami's and being unable to explain how or why or not being able to provide further context as to how the ability works is not acceptable, nor reasonable.

As far as I am concerned, this entire thread is full of fallacies.

Why do you keep it seems deliberately misinterpreting my words and stating I am spreading lies?

He was stuck in a bubble watching the rest of the fight...I am stating exactly what happened while you are misrepesenting what actually happened and ho wit would relate to this fight while also typing up ridiculous walls of text.

I said there are no explicit FTL feats because that is the case, not that there is no FTL calc, those are 2 different things. You clearly cant discern the difference. Without evidence of his baseline stats increasing yes you cant say his baseline stats increased.

Dry being a better swordsman is a longwinded explanation that First witch can do for you if he can be bothered but.

MindControl116 said:
Also, saying his precognition is better than Yami's and being unable to explain how or why or not being able to provide further context as to how the ability works is not acceptable, nor reasonable.
As far as I am concerned, this entire thread is full of fallacies.
As far as I am concerned you are quite full of yourself and simply do not like what has been presented to you.

Oh, the only one here misrepresenting anything is yourself. Everyone else in the thread who has read Black Clover has already agreed with me regarding my statements about Yami. Even his own profile agrees, so you're going to need to make a CRT if you want to prove a point.

Seeing as to how you think I merely don't like this and how you think I'm unable to discern between two things with no relevant distinction per the standards of the wiki, you are in no position to say I'm full of myself. Quite the contrady: it seems to me you are a hypocrite.

Anyway, seeing as to how this is a completely derailing on your part, and seeing as to how you refused to answer my other question, I'm not going to bother continuing this conversation, unless someone else answers.

Prove what point? There is no CRT I am making because nothing I have stated would change his profile. And its a good thing many that havs also read Black Clover do not agree and massively disagree with how most of the profiles are handled, however they mainly dont care enough just like me.

I am not, You are the one that calls someone a liar based on the fact that they do not agree with your dubious and frankly misleading interpretation of an event.

Me derailing? You wrote walls of text where you "subtlely" insulted people on this thread. While also ignoring more than 50% of my post and then pretending that you know what you are talking about. And yeah please dont bother you are extremely toxic.

I'm justified in calling you a liar, especially because contrary to what you claim, I never insulted anyone. Calling out the presence of no-limits fallacies in a thread is not an insult. I'm also justified because, contrary to what you stated, other people have agreed with ny stance. I'm not the person to point out that Yami has had accelerated development mid-battle, nor am I the first person that he has experienced increase in AP, which is reflected in his profile already.

And yeah please dont bother you are extremely toxic

That is funny and hypocritical coming from the person who just lied twice about me during the very same comment. Thank you for kindly proving my point.

I never said no one has agreed with your stance if you want to accuse people of lying at the very least bother reading what the other party has written and then try not to misinterprete them again then again I realise you do this deliberately. The liar here is you.

Its funny you talk about being hypocritical. While lying directly about someone and calling them a liar in the same paragraph.

So i should really just dont touch anything shounen in the future in general, gotcha...

First Witch said:
So i should really just dont touch anything shounen in the future in general, gotcha...
There is no problem with making threads about shōnen. But you should make sure you're very knowledgeable in both verses and help the others who aren't. Also, you absolutely should try to avoid making a thread with unfair match-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back