• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Describe VS Battles Wiki in 4 Words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this was already used and don't care either-

"Him for reasons above"

This thread seems to attract quite a lot of negativity. Perhaps it would be a good idea to close it? (It is just a suggestion. There is no need to explode on me about it.)

Never mind. There wasn't as much negativity as I feared when I checked through the thread, and I removed the bashing posts. Please carry on.

@FrostMouse0

We are constantly working extremely hard to gradually improve on the profiles, but there are almost 15000 of them to take care of. It is an impossible task to ensure that they are all reliable.

In any case, complaining about the wiki and its contributors in long posts is very off-topic, and strongly discouraged by our regulations, as it breeds negativity and makes it harder for the community members to properly collaborate with each other,

@FrostMouse0

Look, I have worked between 7 to 13 hours a day for the last few years monitoring for vandalism, cleaning up bad edits, and trying to keep discussions and the wiki overall organised, to ensure that our profiles are as reliable as possible, and the rest of the staff has also worked extremely hard for no pay trying their best to gradually improve on the wiki. That's really nice of them.

Mind you, I would like our wiki to get far better than currently, but people like you think completely backwards when you get angry with the staff because the wiki isn't good enough, rather than acknowledging that it is because of the staff that it isn't far worse than it currently is.

Also, getting upset and spreading vitriole isn't going to help any of the profiles get any better.

@FrostMouse0

The thread you showed to prove your point is one that is arguing for something that was discussed multiple times, and all the arguments were already debunked or were pretty bad / forced. You can't blame people for not having the patience to constantly having the argue for the same thing repeatedly. Yes, there are many threads that are closed quicker than they should, but it's most of the time because the discussion isn't going anywhere or the arguments aren't that convincing. If you have so many problems with the Tifa profile, you too, could make a thread, but don't be surprised if it get closed because most that you're doing is just offending the members and the community instead of actually showing a solution.

Monarch Laciel said:
Unless I'm missing something... a normal abreviations..? Not a french one..?
FRA is literally the abbreviation for the country of France, used in sporting events like Olympics etc.

Why do I have to explain my joke? It is painfully obvious.

Well, this thread seems to have derailed too much in any case.

You're right Ant,we need to drop this discussion and starting the game again.

From me:

Matt throw his banhammer.

Weekly defending his waifu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back