• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer Speed Overhaul

He should have the reaction time, then, to view all her attacks as if they're this stationary, no? Or do Breathing Techniques magically amp reaction times too?
I don't see why not they can't amp preception speed, idk why add the word "magically" when this is literal magic disguised as breathing but from the fact that he couldn't cut her neck in that state it's clear he can't control that speed that well, but for him to have a rough idea what he is doing at all a preception amp is mandatory

The more this goes on, the more things start to be created out of thin air to try and create some kind of consistency here

...like what?
This isn't out of thin air, this is observable shenannigans in the series like bruh

With such an amp to reaction time then Tanjiro should not be having trouble evading Susamaru's and Yahaba's attacks. He should be effortlessly statuing them. But lo and behold, that doesn't happen. It's almost like the basis of the MHS Flowing Dance calc is flawed or something...

I remain staunchly opposed to using that calc. The rest is fine

With such an amp to reaction time then Tanjiro should not be having trouble evading Susamaru's and Yahaba's attacks. He should be effortlessly statuing them. But lo and behold, that doesn't happen. It's almost like the basis of the MHS Flowing Dance calc is flawed or something...

...because it's a temporary amp

Idk, was that hard to get lol

So he just magically gets this amp when using Flowing Dance and nothing else. Clearly it's not Breathing Techniques as a whole because he's not statuing them with other Breathing Techniques, so it has to be just Flowing Dance.

...But that contradicts the notion that this is a thing for all Breathing Techniques, doesn't it?

Only one of these says "physical abilities" while the other two explicitly mention strength

Also, I'm not saying MHS/MHS+ is wrong for later on, with the lightning dodging feats. Those are valid. What I don't consider valid is the MHS speed for Flowing Dance at the beginning of the series, when even the speed of sound is relevant
So... We are just creating things in an attempt to create some form of internal consistency when the simple solution is that the MHS Flowing Dance calc shouldn't be used.

Yeah no...
Assuming breathing techniques, which can amplify everything from how fast you can move to the speed that your body clots for some reason doesn’t scale your perception speed accordingly is such a weird and unsubstantiated assumption, when literally everything the series tells us gives no reason for us to think that.

And that's why Tanjiro, having the reaction speed to do Flowing Dance, is always statuing Susamaru and Yahaba and their attacks right?

Oh wait...

(Let's upgrade them to MHS too since Tanjiro comments on their sheer speed actually)
Not in base, obviously. I have no idea how it seems at all implausible that speed is drastically increased with a breathing technique when literally every fight indicates that.

Only one of these says "physical abilities" while the other two explicitly mention strength

Also, I'm not saying MHS/MHS+ is wrong for later on, with the lightning dodging feats. Those are valid. What I don't consider valid is the MHS speed for Flowing Dance at the beginning of the series, when even the speed of sound is relevant
Exactly, which means everything else, physical ability is also speed, otherwise he would have said physical strength.

So he just magically gets this amp when using Flowing Dance and nothing else. Clearly it's not Breathing Techniques as a whole because he's not statuing them with other Breathing Techniques, so it has to be just Flowing Dance.
The sun breath amps pretty much do the same, with the multiple instances where akaza's fist is a cm away from tanjiro's neck and ge seemingly teleports away from that location all while blitzing the guy

Same thing happens when he combines water and sun breathing, where he also blitzes gyutaro by cutting both his hands off and we know gyutaro can Statue tanjiro from his first showings in the anime

...But that contradicts the notion that this is a thing for all Breathing Techniques, doesn't it?
Flowing Dance is seen as one of the faster water forms outside Giyu’s eleventh, yes. But I would remind you every time he uses breathing techniques against Yahaba he is actively being grappled and disoriented by his blood demon art.

Not in base, obviously. I have no idea how it seems at all implausible that speed is drastically increased with a breathing technique when literally every fight indicates that.
But Tanjiro's commenting on their speed despite having a MHS technique so clearly they should also scale

Also, there's a difference between speed being increased and speed getting hundreds upon hundreds of times faster. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and this is not it.

Lastly: Is he statuing these two with his other Breathing Techniques? Answer quickly
The sun breath amps pretty much do the same, with the multiple instances where akaza's fist is a cm away from tanjiro's neck and ge seemingly teleports away from that location all while blitzing the guy

Same thing happens when he combines water and sun breathing, where he also blitzes gyutaro by cutting both his hands off and we know gyutaro can Statue tanjiro from his first showings in the anime
I don't doubt there's a speed increase at play, but one of this magnitude is unsupported, especially given the fact that he literally only shows this level of speed with Flowing Dance (and that calc might even be faulty to begin with, as it may be an artistic choice rather than him actually statuing the balls Susamaru throws, because why didn't he just do this all the time instead of using different breathing techniques [and going by the final shot, Tanjiro's in multiple places at once, so I guess let's give him Multilocation too, or even Afterimage Creation])
Flowing Dance is seen as one of the faster water forms outside Giyu’s eleventh, yes. But I would remind you every time he uses breathing techniques against Yahaba he is actively being grappled and disoriented by his blood demon art.
You're acting like this significantly impacts his speed. I've seen the fight. This isn't something that drastically affects his speed. And again, we're just creating things atp

I'd like for Demon Slayer to be represented as it is, rather than creating a hyperbolized caricature of it

I don't doubt there's a speed increase at play, but one of this magnitude is unsupported, especially given the fact that he literally only shows this level of speed with Flowing Dance
Which means he can only reach it when using Flowing Dance ig?

and that calc might even be faulty to begin with, as it may be an artistic choice rather than him actually statuing the balls Susamaru throws, because why didn't he just do this all the time instead of using different breathing techniques
Artistic choice you'd have to prove, and he can't control the speed as I said, as you can observe from the fact that he didn't aim for her neck, a constant spam of this form would lead to huge stamina consumption and for a result that isn't even guaranteed, not to mention the fact that he can only use total concentration breathing for a short ammount of time when he used this, which is probably what allowed him to reach those ungodly speeds to begin with lol

The Breath of the sun/HK seems to be the one thing that still amps him significantly even after learning that

Which means he can only reach it when using Flowing Dance ig?
But I thought all Breathing Techniques amp speed to stupefying levels?
Artistic choice you'd have to prove, and he can't control the speed as I said, as you can observe from the fact that he didn't aim for her neck, a constant spam of this form would lead to huge stamina consumption and for a result that isn't even guaranteed, not to mention the fact that he can only use total concentration breathing for a short ammount of time when he used this, which is probably what allowed him to reach those ungodly speeds to begin with lol
The "probably" is telling. You're making inferences based in an attempt to make this consistent with itself, when it just isn't. It also doesn't change the fact that by our very definition, this would be like... objectively an outlier. A massive speed amp hardly supported by the story and rife with contradictions by the narrative.

"Prove it's an artistic choice" Okay so we're gonna give Tanjiro Multilocation/Afterimage Creation based on this, right? Insane too that he can cut without even moving based on the static images of him

I guess the issue is that we don't have a second instance of Flowing Dance or a Massively Hypersonic feat from the same key to compare this to.

But Tanjiro's commenting on their speed despite having a MHS technique so clearly they should also scale

Also, there's a difference between speed being increased and speed getting hundreds upon hundreds of times faster. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and this is not it.

Lastly: Is he statuing these two with his other Breathing Techniques? Answer quickly

I don't doubt there's a speed increase at play, but one of this magnitude is unsupported, especially given the fact that he literally only shows this level of speed with Flowing Dance (and that calc might even be faulty to begin with, as it may be an artistic choice rather than him actually statuing the balls Susamaru throws, because why didn't he just do this all the time instead of using different breathing techniques [and going by the final shot, Tanjiro's in multiple places at once, so I guess let's give him Multilocation too, or even Afterimage Creation])

You're acting like this significantly impacts his speed. I've seen the fight. This isn't something that drastically affects his speed. And again, we're just creating things atp

I'd like for Demon Slayer to be represented as it is, rather than creating a hyperbolized caricature of it
Where is Tanjiro supposedly commenting on his speed?

Not on his base, but breathing forms have been shown to momentarily boost slayers' stats. And WB 3rd form was specified to focus on footwork too.

And how they being MHS is consistent when even Upper Moons can get shot
This has already been debunked a lot of times if I remember correctly.

To begin with, why would Aizetsu dodge/block the shot in the first place? He was not the main body, so getting beheaded meant no problem at all. There is no reason to believe Aizetsu even tried to block or dodge.

Second, it was explicitly stated these demons were purposely letting themselves get their heads cut off.

Third, Sekido did block these bullets, which pretty much shows they actually were capable of doing so.

Fourth, the shotgun and the bullets are made of nichirin, which is a supernatural material with supernatural properties, so there’s no actual reason to believe the bullets of Genya’s shotgun are as fast as the bullets of a regular weapon.

How is this important if I may ask? There were very few times these sonic wave attacks ever landed, and in every occasion the characters that got hit were either unable to dodge or being restrained by Hantengu in some way. There are simply no inconsistencies here.

How is MHS inconsistent when dodging literal lightning is all around the place?

Why? It is clear he both struggles with their speed in base, and that they are significantly faster than other demons he has faced. Why wouldn’t he comment on their speed in such circumstances, even if he has a momentary technique to overcome that?

This is likely more due to the fact that the best calc for the UR demons is a massive lowball which assumes even the Swamp Demon who is incomparably faster to regular humans only moves as fast as peak human speed. Regardless the difference in speed in UR is very much shown to be quite drastic when bringing breathing techniques into play, as shown by UR demons consistently keeping up with slayers in base, and consistently getting blitzed by breathing techniques.

In the manga, despite being disoriented and grappled, he pretty much instantly closes the distance and decapitates Yahaba (who couldn’t dodge at all) with a two part combo of Whirlpool and Water Wheel (after stating he needs a breathing technique to keep up with the arrows). The anime shows much the same (just a bit dragged out), with the added comment of Tanjiro remarking that keeping the arrows wrapped up makes his sword feel heavy.

As for Susamaru, he only uses two techniques against her, first Drop Ripple Thrust which the anime shows adjusts Tanjiro’s perception of the incoming Temari to a crawl, followed by Flowing Dance which statues them.

Last edited:
But I thought all Breathing Techniques amp speed to stupefying levels?
never said that, well, not here anyways

The "probably" is telling. You're making inferences based in an attempt to make this consistent with itself, when it just isn't.
you're coming to that assumption from me using in verse provided information about the abilities and limitations of the power system used, the "probably" here is used to imply "most likely" as stated that Total Concentration Breathing users are a galaxy away from the non users as demonstrated by tanjiro feeling conifdent enough to decapitate rui using water breathing where once he failed to make a single scratch on his neck even with the HK supporting him, so no, i'm actually using the series while you're trying to handwabe my explantions as nothing without providing any sort of basis as to why that's the case

It also doesn't change the fact that by our very definition, this would be like... objectively an outlier. A massive speed amp hardly supported by the story and rife with contradictions by the narrative.
"hardly supported", define that, what counts as "supported" and whay doesn't and how is my explanation lacking the means to justify it?

"Prove it's an artistic choice" Okay so we're gonna give Tanjiro Multilocation/Afterimage Creation based on this, right? Insane too that he can cut without even moving based on the static images of him

how does that prove it's an artistic choice?
that's literally what happens in the manga

you're literally tweakin

Where is Tanjiro supposedly commenting on his speed?
Here
how does that prove it's an artistic choice?
that's literally what happens in the manga
022-2.jpg

you're literally tweakin
Oh nah we're actually suggesting Multilocation/Afterimage Creation from this. Absolutely cooked 💀

Also it's just as much of an artistic choice in the manga. That doesn't change anything
I really don't want to go in circles, but I'm not saying Breathing Techniques don't amp speed. Just not to this degree. The calc is faulty and shouldn't be used imo.

I think it's clear what my stance is, and these arguments are doing nothing to sway me at all, so I'll be taking my leave here

Oh nah we're actually suggesting Multilocation/Afterimage Creation from this. Absolutely cooked 💀

Also it's just as much of an artistic choice in the manga. That doesn't change anything
no, i'm asking how that proves the way ufo chose to animate this is an artistic choice?
as in something not supported within the manga, instead of animating the panel faithfully

no, i'm asking how that proves the way ufo chose to animate this is an artistic choice?
as in something not supported within the manga, instead of animating the panel faithfully
The panel is an artistic choice, which the anime adapted faithfully. It's not supported in either medium, unless you wanna say Tanjiro was actually in multiple places at once 🗿

Taking my leave fr now, I really don't like when things get circular and I think I've made my point

Here

I really don't want to go in circles, but I'm not saying Breathing Techniques don't amp speed. Just not to this degree. The calc is faulty and shouldn't be used imo.

I think it's clear what my stance is, and these arguments are doing nothing to sway me at all, so I'll be taking my leave here
Why shouldn't they. Literally every one of your points makes no sense.

1 " they amp the speed but not that way " and what would be the inconsistency here? Literally Tanjiro amps himself and manages to reach that speed. Also you are assuming that Tanjiro's speed does not even exceed Hypersonic or smth, when a Tanjiro with broken ribs and less than perfect movements, dodges and Blitzes a demon that emits slashes at the speed of sound, and remember that the sound in wood propagates with a speed that reaches Hypersonic, and when he uses his technique he Blitzed Kyogai , everything fits perfectly. There is no contradiction in this, as the guys showed you before, there is no contradiction, he using an amp and then blitzes the demons. Then we do not have to prove anything lol, there must not be an amp stated, the amp is fine to take it from that calculation and as long as it is not contradicted you cannot say that it is an amp that comes out randomly. We have already explained it to you, he amplifies his physical stats, and his overall strength increases, nothing more nothing less, to say that for you is an exaggerated amp, dont debunk anything, at this moment what you says is useless. According to this logic every amp should not be taken into consideration because it seems too high, that's not how it works. It's fiction everything can happen without any problem and what you say does not attack the argument. Cooked :unsure:

To make a mini recap, Tanjiro is able to move at least at Hypersonic speeds dodging kyogai attacks during those chapters without breathing and with breathing he amplifies a lot.

Moving forward there is another consistency, Tanjiro unlocks constant total concentration breathing, and also as it is stated, he amplifies himself every day continuing to use breathing, and arrives in the SSV arc, to dodge lightning. I do not see a crazy inconsistency, on the contrary, everything is very consistent. Even with the statements regarding Zenitsu.

2 How can you say it's a stage effect when literally the balloons are still and she doesn't even notice she's been blitzed... I mean this is consistent lol. Idc if for you they are simply stage effects, talk to the staff then and have all the feats regarding these situations deleted, if apparently you consider the afterimages a stage effect and the still balloons while he is literally moving another stage effect. It's funny how apparently the feats are considered good when a character dodges or runs etc and the bullets are otherwise stationary, and it's very funny how on DS they say "they're stage effects" like bruh. Plus stop spamming fallacy spamming claims, thx.

What you are doing is called ratting lol, this argument is useless and does not debunk anything that has been said.

Last edited:
Agree with Clover. Honesty i think this is like, pretty blatantly wrong and the arguments against it are very headcanony
I’d be curious as to what part of UR demons being consistently relative to UR demon slayers in base and getting blitzed by the same demon slayers with breathing techniques you consider “headconony”.

For heavean's sake, why there are SO MANY poeple replying the same comment saying the same thing over and over again? One person is already enough

First of all, I want to make something clear:
Third, Sekido did block these bullets, which pretty much shows they actually were capable of doing so.
I don't think you'll be able to successfully argue for Supersonic or below
I'm NOT saying that these characters are slower than the speed of sound at all, what I'm saying is that they are not 2000 times faster than the bullets. Its COMPLETLY different from you being faster than a bullet and being so fast that they should basically move at slow motion. I will never forget the day that the marvel characters got downgraded from MHS+ to Hypersonic due to the fact that they have trouble against guns most of the time, and I don't see why this same logic shouldn't be used here since lightning feats here are even more rare. They can be yes hypersonic, hypersonic+ or even high hypersonic+, these are fair values, my main problem is the ideia that they are constantly moving at mach 2000.

The difference between a bullet and mach 2300 is not something small. The speed difference between a snail and a car moving at 100km/h is 2000 times to give you guys an ideia of the gap. Any MHS+ character could literally peform 2000 attacks before a bullet cross one single meter. Its absurd such difference

I will be for real here, this won't get anything above supersonic
Second, it was explicitly stated these demons were purposely letting themselves get their heads cut off.
Because he want to finish Genya in that scene and he wanted to finish the job as fast as possible

These will probably give you supersonic+ values yea, but its kinda weird to think that this Rengoku should scale above Tanjiro who could peform a Massively Hypersonic feat yet gets shot multiple times when at close range and could barely get near the demon without getting shot

Now about Genya's bullets:
Do you think Uzui is a prodigal chemist on top of a Demon Slayer and Shinobi? Demon Slayer don’t make their own weapons, the Corps handles that. It would only make sense for Genya to use a similar powder (in a smaller dose like real world early 1900s guns).
No, I don't think that Uzui is a prodigal chemist, but I think its kinda ABSURD of a headcanon to say that Genya's gun, which was NEVER stated in any kind of shape or form, that he uses the same gunpownder than Uzui, an hashira, ESPECIALLY when the same gunpownder is shown as being capable to explode entire houses without problem and generate enough force to blow up a strong demon like Daki. Wheres the implication of such thing? Wheres the extra recoil? Is that due to Genya's LS? But also, why Genya's gun don't blow up or anything?

So many questions and no answers. You guys are just assuming that just because, literally.
And we don't even know where he got these gunpownder come from
You do realize how real world powder weapons work, yes? You use a far smaller controlled dose of explosive power in an encased reinforced chamber.
Thats now it works. Yes, you can have smaller amounts of dose, but where are you getting that Genya's have smaller doses? I mean, even IF the dose of Genya's bullets were inferior by even 100 times, or better, 1000 times (aka 0.01mm if we assume that Uzui's are 10mm in size, which is basically smaller than what the eye can see), the force that would be created is above 9-B, enough to destroy his gun
There can literally be a different version used, hence why I said the concept of special gun powder existing makes your argument null and void
Theres so much of a headcanon in this statement that makes me feel weird
One stated special gunpowder, which lacks source or anything about its nature, doesn't allow you to assume another kind of weaker gunpowder just to make your fan scaling work. Thats pathetically bad and dishonest of your part. be better
Fourth, the shotgun and the bullets are made of nichirin, which is a supernatural material with supernatural properties
The speed of a bullet comes mainly from gunpowder, not the material of the bullet. Plus, its not implied that nichirin is some kind of extra light steel or anything, its just a weird steel that allow someone to kill a demon without the sun.

Now another feat that is weird for me is that one from Uzui
We see in the anime that beads didn't explode instantaly (In fact, Uzui even fell some cms before the full ectivation in the anime). I mean, yeah, they activate with the singhlest impact, but the timeframe from the touch to the explosion itself is another story. Even Daki could cross some cms though the beads before they start to explode
Is this or its just a visual mistake since theres not even one single light coming out of the beads while he (or Daki in this one) is performing the feat, which is weird since this would need FTL speed lol

Everything else are lightning feats, which despiste the fact that I disagree of these being real lightning, it was already accepted in another thread so I will deal with this in another time (Or not, but willpower is weak)

And I won't reply multiple people again

Last edited:
I'm NOT saying that these characters are slower than the speed of sound at all, what I'm saying is that they are not 2000 times faster than the bullets. Its COMPLETLY different from you being faster than a bullet and being so fast that they should basically move at slow motion. I will never forget the day that the marvel characters got downgraded from MHS+ to Hypersonic due to the fact that they have trouble against guns most of the time, and I don't see why this same logic shouldn't be used here since lightning feats here are even more rare. They can be yes hypersonic, hypersonic+ or even high hypersonic+, these are fair values, my main problem is the ideia that they are constantly moving at mach 2000.

The difference between a bullet and mach 2300 is not something small. The speed difference between a snail and a car moving at 100km/h is 2000 times to give you guys an ideia of the gap. Any MHS+ character could literally peform 2000 attacks before a bullet cross one single meter. Its absurd such difference

Because he want to finish Genya in that scene and he wanted to finish the job as fast as possible
Now about Genya's bullets:

No, I don't think that Uzui is a prodigal chemist, but I think its kinda ABSURD of a headcanon to say that Genya's gun, which was NEVER stated in any kind of shape or form, that he uses the same gunpownder than Uzui, an hashira, ESPECIALLY when the same gunpownder is shown as being capable to explode entire houses without problem and generate enough force to blow up a strong demon like Daki. Wheres the implication of such thing? Wheres the extra recoil? Is that due to Genya's LS? But also, why Genya's gun don't blow up or anything?

So many questions and no answers. You guys are just assuming that just because, literally.
And we don't even know where he got these gunpownder come from

Thats now it works. Yes, you can have smaller amounts of dose, but where are you getting that Genya's have smaller doses? I mean, even IF the dose of Genya's bullets were inferior by even 100 times, or better, 1000 times (aka 0.01mm if we assume that Uzui's are 10mm in size, which is basically smaller than what the eye can see), the force that would be created is above 9-B, enough to destroy his gun

Theres so much of a headcanon in this statement that makes me feel weird
One stated special gunpowder, which lacks source or anything about its nature, doesn't allow you to assume another kind of weaker gunpowder just to make your fan scaling work. Thats pathetically bad and dishonest of your part. be better

The speed of a bullet comes mainly from gunpowder, not the material of the bullet. Plus, its not implied that nichirin is some kind of extra light steel or anything, its just a weird steel that allow someone to kill a demon without the sun.
Going to be honest, this still utterly fails as an anti-feat.

First of all, no one is arguing the emotion clones are Mach 2300. It is Mitsuri who is calced at Mach 2200, who visibly shocked Tanjiro with her speed right after he himself had just finished completely blitzing three of the emotion clones at the same time.

The only time Genya hit an emotion clone with a bullet spray is when they blatantly wanted to be severed. So what if they also wanted to kill Genya? They took the opportunity to split when they had then chance, as Tanjiro wasn’t giving them what they wanted anymore.

Meanwhile they blocked further bullet sprays twice with ease, so claiming relativity between Genya’s gun and the emotion clones doesn’t make much sense, let alone between the gun and Mitsuri who is massively faster still.

Meanwhile you still haven’t given a good reason why we should expect Genya’s gun to fire just as slowly as a real weapon. He was explicitly going on the hunt for a Kizuki to get promoted and it would make sense to use the best weaponry available. Both the gun and the explosive powder made by Tengen both use special materials explicitly made for killing demons.

The idea that it can’t be the same powder because that powder is too powerful is completely illogical. An explosion made by three bombs (each about 4cm in radius = 268cm^3 in volume each) only got like a 3m radius explosion. The minimum radius for non-nuclear explosions to qualify for the low end of Small Building level is 6m. This explosion is only Wall level at best yet requires several hundred grams of powder (gunpowder has a density of roughly 1.8g/cm^3). You can easily take a tiny fraction of that to stick into a gun (especially one made out of the fictional material of scarlet iron which can survive even Hashira putting their full power behind it trying to cut demons with durabilities far beyond Wall level).

I will be for real here, this won't get anything above supersonic

These will probably give you supersonic+ values yea,
Why are you acting like these bullet dodging feats need to be MHS at a minimum? They are there to show your anti-feat in no way serves as a cap, not to prove MHS themselves.

but its kinda weird to think that this Rengoku should scale above Tanjiro who could peform a Massively Hypersonic feat yet gets shot multiple times when at close range and could barely get near the demon without getting shot
Even without a breathing technique he is able to block and dodge bullets from like two dozen guns firing at once. This is entirely consistent with the Tanjiro scaling, considering Base SSV Tanjiro has already significantly surpassed the lower moons is only around Mach 200.

Now another feat that is weird for me is that one from Uzui

We see in the anime that beads didn't explode instantaly (In fact, Uzui even fell some cms before the full ectivation in the anime). I mean, yeah, they activate with the singhlest impact, but the timeframe from the touch to the explosion itself is another story. Even Daki could cross some cms though the beads before they start to explode
Is this or its just a visual mistake since theres not even one single light coming out of the beads while he (or Daki in this one) is performing the feat, which is weird since this would need FTL speed lol
The exact timing of the first sign of light in the anime can be chalked up to choices of animation detail, yet the manga makes it clear Tengen cuts all three before the first can explode. Daki’s obi only moved a couple dozen centimetres before it exploded, which is entirely consistent with her being MHS and the powder at least being as fast in detonation speed as regular TNT.

Okay I didn't wanna come back but the only thing I disagree with is the Flowing Dance calc being used. Everything else is fine by my estimate. Just figured you should know that just in case
if someone says "Disagree FRA" because of your reasons even though you only disagree with one specific thing that just means they didn't actually read a lot of what was said and just skimmed through it

Given that Genya's gun is made out of Nichirin and it and its bullets are presumably made from someone from the Swordsmith Village for the purpose of killing demons it doesn't seem like something that could be automatically equated to a real life gun model.

The claim that it being made of a special metal (which is never implied to have any supernatural properties beyond its absorption of sunlight, and I suppose sheer durability) somehow boosts the speed of the bullet is complete headcanon, as is the claim that it's super gunpowder. The anti-feats regarding it are completely legitimate as far as I'm concerned. The idea that tanjiro can also amp himself 2000x from his usual combat state is also completely ludicrous, and doesn't even solve most of the anti-feats.

The calculation itself is sketchy too. The balls being frozen is only in the anime, in the manga no such thing is shown (Tanjiro cuts through all of them, and that's it) and basing such a massive upgrade solely on secondary media makes it even less reliable.

I understand it's just support for a different rating but the bomb calculation is questionable too, given it doesn't take into account the time the gunpowder takes to ignite, which is a noticeable addition to such a small timeframe [What I'm linking here is an extremely exaggerated situation, obviously it's only a fraction of a second in this case as it does with a bullet, but I think it demonstrates pretty well that gunpowder doesn't take zero time flat to catch fire]. Also the calc says "Since the type of explosive used by Tengen is unknown, we'll use the standard assumption of TNT" and that is just entirely wrong given they're literally posting a scan that says it's gunpowder. First source I found says 170 to 630 m/s, which is quite the drop.

Last edited:
heres so much of a headcanon in this statement that makes me feel weird
define "headcanon" in this context and why my argument falls into that category?

deductions from information given from the series that imply a special form of gun powder was made and is implemented as a form of weaponry to fight against demons is objectively correct and verifiable information, thus the fact the fact that special gun powder exists is also 100% objectively correct and verifiable information, thus, from the prior information it is reasonable to conclude genya would be using a special kind of gun powder to fight against demons, this is simply logic and why you all fail to understand it is beyond me
yeah basically the same thing

deductions from information given from the series that imply a special form of gun powder was made and is implemented as a form of weaponry to fight against demons is objectively correct and verifiable information, thus the fact the fact that special gun powder exists is also 100% objectively correct and verifiable information, thus, from the prior information it is reasonable to conclude genya would be using a special kind of gun powder to fight against demons, this is simply logic and why you all fail to understand it is beyond me

to assume the slayers who have access to superior weaponry will act like dimwits and supply/ use an inferior version of it is pathetically bad and dishonest on your part, be better

and you're yet to even properly address any of my points, as if you have some kind of averision to logic

altough i've always had issues with it, low tiers are already more than capable of handling transonic speeds to begin with, even the databook mentions that Kyogai's attacks are as fast as sound, i have no idea what people have against narrative based arguments but it would do well to consider the shotgun is made of nichirin (which has been demonstrated to induce supernatural properties when being used by a breath weilding swordsman when Giyuu, who was looking for a sword to use in the final fight, specifically looked for a water breathing swordsmen's sword (chap 185) instead of picking a random one off the ground despite the gravity of the situation(they were fighting muzan and all))

the concept of special gun power also exists (it was used against uppermoon 6) , so there is no reason to treat genya's shot gun like a regular weapon,since it was specifically built to kill demons if it was then the entire setting falls apart since the demon hunter crop may as well supply everyone with regular guns because appearenly a "regular" shot gun can pulverise lower moons's necks (the standard for becoming a hashira is killing lower moons, Why go through training so intense that it made him you puke blood and put you on the verge of death if all you need is a gun?), even if we take Rui's statement his body is harder than steel then regular bullets would literally just bounce off of him, and Upper Moons are that much tougher, hell, regular guns would even struggle against mook tier demons like the Hands Demon, a normal shotgun wouldn't even make some dents on his neck, Genya's shotgun is not a regular weapon, given the data book descriptions about it like "it contains the power of sun light" and that "it's a gun that can defeat demons," aka, a super gun, and considering the whole message of the rengoku prequal is that guns are useless as rengoku proved when hairo said "you can never beat a gun with a sword" and we all know rengoku proceeds to win that fight

how about you address thr logic and, in your word, "be better" instead of acting disengenious and not thinking in the slightest

The claim that it being made of a special metal (which is never implied to have any supernatural properties beyond its absorption of sunlight, and I suppose sheer durability) somehow boosts the speed of the bullet is complete headcanon

copy pasting some shenanigans from the past

the metal absorbs sun light, changes colors when someone skilled enough touches it to match his or her personality and consistution,creates mystical bullshit heat that burns on the cellular level when gripped too hard, the list goes on

and would you like to tell me why they bothered to make the gun out of nichirn if it does absolutely nothing then?

the logic is simple, you all are overcomplicating this,or rather dennying this for no reason

either they did for absolutely no reason thus making it completely pointless (your argument) or the gun lacked a certain something that making the gun out nichirin would compensate for, making the gun, yes as you already guessed, not normal in the slightest

how?
i have no idea, what i do know, is any assumption pretaning what the gun and how it operates requires evidence

and if your arguments is about propelants special isn't a foreign concept to this verse either

which the best you can arge for unkown because it's not a regular gun, so any interpreation of how it works and the speed of the bullets is unkown and required evidence, if you think you know how the gun works/how the nichirin affects it provide evidence, contextual or otherwise not, you have a positive claim stating "the gun is normal" you'd have to prove it, wether you like it or not, and we all you can't, and either ways this isn't going ti count as an anti feat
and take this into consderation when arguing about anything

the concept of special gun power also exists (it was used against uppermoon 6) , so there is no reason to treat genya's shot gun like a regular weapon,since it was specifically built to kill demons if it was then the entire setting falls apart since the demon hunter crop may as well supply everyone with regular guns because appearenly a "regular" shot gun can pulverise lower moons's necks (the standard for becoming a hashira is killing lower moons, Why go through training so intense that it made him you puke blood and put you on the verge of death if all you need is a gun?), even if we take Rui's statement his body is harder than steel then regular bullets would literally just bounce off of him, and Upper Moons are that much tougher, hell, regular guns would even struggle against mook tier demons like the Hands Demon, a normal shotgun wouldn't even make some dents on his neck, Genya's shotgun is not a regular weapon, given the data book descriptions about it like "it contains the power of sun light" and that "it's a gun that can defeat demons," aka, a super gun, and considering the whole message of the rengoku prequal is that guns are useless as rengoku proved when hairo said "you can never beat a gun with a sword" and we all know rengoku proceeds to win that fight

the claim that the gun is normal is more of an extraodinary claim than stating it isn't given the plethora of contextual and narrative based evidence existing that supports that notion, if you think the gun is normal prove it, but at best, all you can have is "We don't know" which in no way shape or form counts as an anti feat

as is the claim that it's super gunpowder

The anti-feats regarding it are completely legitimate as far as I'm concerned.
prove it?

idk where you got the idea that "i said so so it's valid" is somehow gonna convince everyone, but prove your claims and elaborate on your points as any normal person arguing here would

in the manga no such thing is shown (Tanjiro cuts through all of them, and that's it) and basing such a massive upgrade solely on secondary media makes it even less reliable.
citation and evidence for the bolded part, you seem to know exactly how the feat transpired so provide the evidence and logical explanation that led you to that conclusion, how do you think tanjiro cuts trough several in motion projectiles without them moving an inch from their position?

and of course, once again, evidence

I understand it's just support for a different rating but the bomb calculation is questionable too, given it doesn't take into account the time the gunpowder takes to ignite, which is a noticeable addition to such a small timeframe
it seems like you casually missed the memo provided in that calc

It should be noted that these bombs were stated to explode with the slightest friction from a slash, thus meaning the detonation started as soon as Tengen begun to slice the first bead.

which was the basis behind the timeframe in the first place

Also the calc says "Since the type of explosive used by Tengen is unknown, we'll use the standard assumption of TNT" and that is just entirely wrong given they're literally posting a scan that says it's gunpowder. First source I found says 170 to 630 m/s, which is quite the drop.
.... special gun powder, yes, if you have any evidence that thing has the same properties and behaves the same way a normal one does, feel free to post it, well, you won't, just pointing out your argument is dumb lol

Last edited:
idk where you got the idea that "i said so so it's valid" is somehow gonna convince everyone, but prove your claims and elaborate on your points as any normal person arguing here would
Just saying "it would make sense for this to be super gunpowder" doesn't mean you've "proven" that it is. It's a conjecture and all you have demonstrated is that it's possible, not that it's correct. People aren't forced to take any of it as rock-solid canon, and you having claimed that it's "objectively correct" a bunch of times doesn't change that.
citation and evidence for the bolded part, you seem to know exactly how the feat transpired so provide the evidence and logical explanation that led you to that conclusion, how do you think tanjiro cuts trough several in motion projectiles without them moving an inch from their position?
The scan is in the original blog, friend. I don't see why you're acting as if I'm making some hyper-ludicrous claim that must be backed up with a thesis when I'm literally just, looking at the manga feat and stating the obvious, which is that there isn't anything that points to Tanjiro hyper-blitzing the balls, he just runs around and cuts them up, all of the visuals where they're frozen while he moves are original to the anime.
it seems like you casually missed the memo provided in that calc
So, this entire post of yours is like, 80% accusatory grandstanding and the previous ones aren't any better, I think you should chill out a little bit in this debate regarding the physics of a children's comic book.

It should be noted that these bombs were stated to explode with the slightest friction from a slash, thus meaning the detonation started as soon as Tengen begun to slice the first bead.

which was the basis behind the timeframe in the first place
The slightest friction from a slash... ignites the black powder. And then the ignition has to spread across all of it for it to all explode. It's not like the microsecond the edge of the bomb gets grazed all of the gunpowder is made telepathically aware that it's supposed to explode all at once.
.... special gun powder, yes, if you have any evidence that thing has the same properties and behaves the same way a normal one does, feel free to post it, well, you won't, just pointing out your argument is dumb lol
I think you believe that you understand how calcs work more than you actually do. Yes, it is super duper magic gunpowder, that doesn't mean you are permitted to use a random, much higher end explosive speed for it (unless it's directly compared to it, but it isn't). This is a pretty universal standard.

Last edited:
The claim that it being made of a special metal (which is never implied to have any supernatural properties beyond its absorption of sunlight, and I suppose sheer durability) somehow boosts the speed of the bullet is complete headcanon, as is the claim that it's super gunpowder. The anti-feats regarding it are completely legitimate as far as I'm concerned. The idea that tanjiro can also amp himself 2000x from his usual combat state is also completely ludicrous, and doesn't even solve most of the anti-feats.

The calculation itself is sketchy too. The balls being frozen is only in the anime, in the manga no such thing is shown (Tanjiro cuts through all of them, and that's it) and basing such a massive upgrade solely on secondary media makes it even less reliable.

I understand it's just support for a different rating but the bomb calculation is questionable too, given it doesn't take into account the time the gunpowder takes to ignite, which is a noticeable addition to such a small timeframe [What I'm linking here is an extremely exaggerated situation, obviously it's only a fraction of a second in this case as it does with a bullet, but I think it demonstrates pretty well that gunpowder doesn't take zero time flat to catch fire]. Also the calc says "Since the type of explosive used by Tengen is unknown, we'll use the standard assumption of TNT" and that is just entirely wrong given they're literally posting a scan that says it's gunpowder. First source I found says 170 to 630 m/s, which is quite the drop.
Well, it's actually not a normal metal. That's all the nichirin sword can give, and for example, Mitsuri can cut lightning and Sound Waves with the nichirin sword. Tengen Sword edmit explosions practically etc, it doesn't seem like a normal metal that doesn't have supernatural abilities. Then yes actually, the speed changes indeed, the speed of the projectile is also based on the explosive charge and how much gunpowder there is and what type. So I don't see the reason why it couldn't go faster than a normal gun, when we already have in chapter 20, not even, consistent speed of sound statements, which in wood as I already said reaches Hypersonic speeds and probably even Hypersonic +. Genya fighting a UPM, or in any case the BDA of a UPM, I don't see why it can't make sense that the speed is already above these values, it scales perfectly and without contradictions, Also yes, since it is made of a Nichirin material which as we stated increases temperature, the speed of a projectile will increase.. I would also like to understand where "The anti feat" was if Genya used a gun. Literally these demons, apart from the one that flies, base their strength on natural abilities, not on combat speed, they are demons that basically stay still and cooperate, and they don't even care about being hit in reality, because they regenerate, in fact the first few times they got hit on purpose to generate the other two demons. To give a small example, who has already shown feat on being faster than a bullet, he fights with a demon that holds his own in CS, and the same demon then, dodges Genya's gun, and as they have already shown you, other demons react and perceive the shot. Then I don't see why this would affect the reaction, a bullet is small, not giant, the human eye still works on light, size and distance. It is difficult for us to follow a bee with sight, but at the same time we follow a jet with our eyes or see beams of light. But this is another matter that in any case has little to do with, since they react to bullets anyway. So to finish the thing is, that the speed of a projectile depending on the things listed changes, and from the materials present it is unthinkable that the speed does not change, since it is what a projectile is based on that by increasing and changing those things, the speed changes.

I disagree, because literally the anime, is what gives us the consistency in many cases regarding these things, the manga is just one drawing, obviously you can't understand what's happening, it could have simply been Tanjiro who made the move and the balloons had moved. The anime makes the situation quite clear, literally Tanjiro cuts the balloons and you can see it clearly, and while he moves the others remain in the same position, and then the demon got blitzed. I don't see why it should be considered wrong, it doesn't make sense, according to this logic then we delete all the feats of all the verses that are based on these things, such as seeing the bullets as freeze, because they are just stage effects when we literally see the action..

What does it mean to base an increase on secondary supports is useless. I mean I don't think you see in many verses a statement "From Hypersonic to Msh" or something like that. And I still don't understand the problem, you just say it's ridiculous but no point attacks the argument. Your points are

"Ridiculous"

"Secondary supports useless", okay consider it as you want, but you are not debunking anything with these words, they do not attack the argument at all. And in fact you are making a half Appeal to incredulity, since you are rejecting the argument saying that for you it is ridiculous. And if I remember correctly the calculation actually takes into account the detonation time.

Last edited:
Just saying "it would make sense for this to be super gunpowder" doesn't mean you've "proven" that it is. It's a conjecture and all you have demonstrated is that it's possible, not that it's correct. People aren't forced to take any of it as rock-solid canon, and you having claimed that it's "objectively correct" a bunch of times doesn't change that.
you did a wonderful job sidestepping the issue as you always do, but let me baby walk you trough it

deductions from information given from the series that imply a special form of gun powder was made and is implemented as a form of weaponry to fight against demons is objectively correct and verifiable information,
anything against that?
no?
good, let's move on

thus the fact the fact that special gun powder exists is also 100% objectively correct and verifiable information,
easy conclusion from the offered data the series gave us access to, if you have any issues with it, feel free to point them out
thus, from the prior information it is reasonable to conclude genya would be using a special kind of gun powder to fight against demons,
see what this means?
based on the prior objectively correct irrefutable premises, the conclusion that special gun powder would be used against demons is a reasonable non refutable conclusion, and they're already being used to begin with

this is called arguing, where you offer a set of premises and use them to come up to a conclusion, my conclusion is based on very veriable information the series provided us

what sort of information then, led you to believe this conclsuion is faulty?
i didn't just demonstrate that it's possible, i demonstrated, using other verfiable data that you oh so kindly ignored, that it's the only logical possibility

(bolded in case you needed some form of visual aid to hold your attention)

feel free to demonstrate why my conclusion is wrong
on that note, let me explain something else

possibilities always exist, for example "there is a tea pot is floating trought the vaccum of space", we can never 100% completely verify if that's true or false, thus, the actual approach to everything is "there isn't sufficient information to take that possibility seriously so it's ignored"

and the same applies here, there isn't sufficient information to imply that gunpowder is normal thus the possibility that possibility should be ignored

that's how arguments go, and that's why your current counterargument is once again stupid, because for some reason you gnore every single data pointing to and supporting the conclusion i provided while dubbing it a mere possibility wtihout offering anything in response that to explain why the other possibility is valid, you just implicitly imply that it is and basically stating "hey, there is still a possibility that it isn't special"

The scan is in the original blog, friend. I don't see why you're acting as if I'm making some hyper-ludicrous claim that must be backed up with a thesis when I'm literally just, looking at the manga feat and stating the obvious, , which is that unlike the anime adaptation, there isn't anything that points to Tanjiro hyper-blitzing the balls

...the "obvious" huh, should have known you'd say that, saying "hey this is obvious" isn't evidence, it's side stepping the necessity to provide any, aka, you're begging the question, and this is also an appeal to common sens

actually the "obvious" is that he statued all of them and moved several meters all the while they were motionless to cut them all, because the balls appeared motionless as he was moving several meters to slash all of them

just running around and cutting them up.

...riddle me this

you said he was running around cutting them up, yeah?
in that case, how isn't he blitzing them, if they're all literally motionless as you can see from the manga panel, something that entails by defintion that he is hyperblitzing them

well, anyways, as i said, you'd have to provide evidence UFO's animating sequence is faulty, which you never will, which doesn't matter, as it would fall short, because my interpretation is how UFO decided to animate the scene while the animating process was supervised by the author

The slightest friction from a knife... ignites the black powder.
...Black powder can be ignited by friction yes, but that thing requires more than just "slight friction", a knife could potentially generate enough friction to ignite it, somehow, but for friction to ignite black powder, a suffiicient enough heat output needs to be generated by the rubbing or impact to raise the temperature of the powder to its ignition point, which is around 300C, to cause ignition using a knife would require a significant force and speed to generate the necessary frictional heat, not "slight friction", simply grazing black powder with a knife isn't gonna anything, i have no idea what you're on about

And then the ignition has to spread across all of it. It's not like the edge of it gets grazed and all of the gunpowder suddenly is made telepathically aware that it's supposed to explode all at once.

...the bombs were stated to literally explode and i repeat explode from the slightest friction produced by a swrod slash, not ignite but explode

this can imply the gunpowder used to make the bombs is way more sensitive to friction than regular gunpowder so much so that even minimal contact can generate enough heat or pressure to cause ignition as the gunpowder seem to be designed to react explosively to even small amounts of kinetic energy, or that the special gunpowder could be formulated with chemicals that lower the activation energy needed for ignition, or that idk it's magic bullshit just like the talking crows or the robot with six arms and six swords that can fight you, either ways, you have no idea how that thing operates, all we do actully know, is that it explodes from the slightest friction, and that's what we used to base the calc upon

I think you think you understand how calcs work more than they actually do. Yes, it is super duper magic gunpowder, that doesn't mean you are permitted to use a random, much higher end explosive for it.
oh so you have a basis with which you judge how much "higher" the explosive used in the calc is than the mystical bs gun powder we have no information on, please do tell, where is it?

The claim that it being made of a special metal (which is never implied to have any supernatural properties beyond its absorption of sunlight, and I suppose sheer durability) somehow boosts the speed of the bullet is complete headcanon, as is the claim that it's super gunpowder. The anti-feats regarding it are completely legitimate as far as I'm concerned.
I’m not sure how “special gunpowder” is headcanon when that is quite literally how demon slayer gunpowder has been described. And what “anti-feats” are you referring to? Literally not a single character has been proven to be capped below Genya’s gun. An emotion clone could easily block the bullet spray. Twice.

The idea that tanjiro can also amp himself 2000x from his usual combat state is also completely ludicrous, and doesn't even solve most of the anti-feats.
No one has claimed this. Currently it is about 300x in UR, however this is likely a gross exaggeration simply because the UR demons best current calc after the downgrade has to assume the Swamp Demon is only as fast as a peak human when he attacks Tanjiro to avoid calc stacking (when in reality he should be far far higher).

That is just fishing for an excuse to reject it, the manga can’t draw 1000 still shots of the same scene to confirm this, and the anime doesn’t contradict anything in the manga. By this standard we would need to reject pretty much every anime calc on the website.

We don’t know how fast a “special gunpowder” explodes and the standard assumption instruction on the “Explosion Speed Calculations” page is to assume TNT where an otherwise unknown explosive is used. And considering this powder is explicitly made for killing demons it definitely would be weird to assume it is as slow as black powder, one of the slowest explosive materials in existence.

Back