• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Lover vs. Demon Slayer (Malori Crowett vs Doomguy)

Jackythejack

They/Them
Very thematic. Malori was rushing up the tower to meet with Queen Velverosa when she realized things were off, with no demons to be seen. She quickly made it to the top and discovered Doomguy, threatening time hurt her queen. With no time to think, Malori spring into action!

Speed equal. Fight takes place in Velverosa's chamber (technically giving Malori a small advantage), and they start within range of each other. Doomguy has access to 9-B weaponry. Doomguy starts the match equipped with a shotgun but has his other weapons on him

Malori Crowett

Doomguy

Anyways, to be honest, Doomguy takes this pretty handily. Malori is a monstrously less bloodlusted opponent and definitely isn't likely to go for the kill off the bad, meanwhile, Doomguy is RIP AND TEAR incarnate. So, obvious difference in that department.

Given Malori's medeival age time when it comes to technology, she won't actually know what guns do, meaning she'll be at a critical disadvantage when Doomguy suddenly blasts her limbs off with a shotgun. Basically, she'll have no clue what to do. Meanwhile, Doomguy fights all manner of supernatural enemies constantly, and will very soon be treating Malori the same.

Malori has quite a fair bit of skill, but Doomguy is a whole different level of cunning, bloodlust, and battle-trained hardness that Malori just can't compete with, so I'm voting Doomguy.

Probably not...? Doomguy has some upscaling and some pretty good feats, plus his weapons are all over the place, AP-wise.

Can I be honest and say I have no ******* idea what Doomguy's 9-B AP is? I know he has casual stuff like ripping a body to bits and crushing skulls but I genuinely do not know his exact value.

Stalker Maggot said:
Doomguy scales to Pinky who warped a steel door and Imp who can destroy steel doors
I know they can do that in DOOM 2016, but don't remember that happening in the original.

Drite77 said:
Aren't the demons rated the same in all games? I thought that only Dommguy/slayer changed tiers
Nope. Just look at the Pinky Page, it has keys for Pre- and Post-Reboot.

Jackythejack said:
I think ripping a person apart is around half a megajoule
could be, in which case this is an absurd AP stomp. if we get confirmation on the pinky-tearing-apart-steel-doors feat being in the old games then its a stomp in the other direction. so a stomp either way.

Jackythejack said:
That is, uuuum....a lot stronger than I thought. That's 9-B+
just realized you worded it like this.

so you made this expecting a huge AP advantage, eh? shameful

So to be absolutely clear, assuming the 9-B+ stuff for Doomguy is legit...

Malori has home-field advantage, wide versatility in terms of power, can heal, and restore energy reserves...

...and Doomguy has a shotgun and roughly a 2.5x AP advantage. Okay, noted.

"Within range of each other". Does this mean within Shotgun range, since you specifically gave him that and it means his range is pretty low? If yes then that is another point for Doomguy.

Regarding mindset: is it valid to say Doomguy's constant bloodlust helps here? It was brought up earlier in the thread but I'd like to hear how the range + bloodlust actually affects Malori and her abilities.

Target start within Malori's range at least. Not exactly shotgun range I think? Depends on its range. I just wanted to start Dg with a specific weapon. DG's bloodlust doesn't do anything to Malori. It just means he's more likely to go for a killing blow. Malori isn't nearly as violent but she is resourceful.

Malori is definitely not going to be going for a killing blow first, and most of Doomboy's weapons will absolutely blow her to shreds, which she will definitely not be expecting.

If we're just going to modify the battle conditions to change the sway of battle, what's the point?

It's a shotgun, it has shotgun range. Effective range is probably in the area of like... ten meters, tops. It ain't like his rocket launchers and guns, it's very short range. It's stronger than those guns, sure, but still.

Do you mean tens of meters, most shotguns have an affective range well past ten meters. What's her range anyways, all it says is tens of Meters.

Fupdumpthegump said:
Do you mean tens of meters, most shotguns have an affective range well past ten meters. What's her range anyways, all it says is tens of Meters.
This is DOOM my guy, it isn't a real shotgun

You're right it isn't a real shotgun but unless you have the specifics on the range of the DOOM shotgun we should Assume the average range of a real life shotgun.

Fupdumpthegump said:
You're right it isn't a real shotgun but unless you have the specifics on the range of the DOOM shotgun we should Assume the average range of a real life shotgun.
I have a specific estimation. About ten meters max. Source: about 150 hours on DOOM multiplayer. You can't even damage an enemy across a decently sized room, much less "tens of meters".

If the super shotgun (which has less range) is put at tens of meters then this one should be to. If that sounds dumb to you make a CRT.

Back