• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mage & Demon Queen CRT (A long time coming)

Jackythejack

They/Them
I had this sitting around in my backpocket for a while. Figured I should give this a shot.

this is what Malori's profile should look like, more or less.

Forgive some of the grammar mistakes the person who wrote this does not have English as their first language.

I'm going to spend a bit of the CRT talking about how the heck all these tiers come around, especially since she is being scaled off someone who should be tier 8

Why 9-B?

It's time to discuss what's basically going to make this entire thing a headache scaling wise. For a good chunk of the webcomic, while fighting Malori, Queen Velverosa is just holding back. We know this because, first of all, she kills normal adventurers incredibly easily, including Malori herself, who these adventurers are comparable to. It's even shown in chapter 20 that, when she wants to go all out, she sets up a barrier so she doesn't wreck the entire place. Despite this, Malori can take some hits from the queen, and so we scale her to Velverosa's less extreme showings, which all happen to be 9-B, and besides that Malori has a few other 9-B justifications with her explosions and such. It's even said that at this point in the series Malori essentially cannot compare to Velverosa, and would likely never win.

9-A, likely 8-C

Comes from the idea of fighting Cerik, who could easily break through her shield, said shield being able to survive attacks from Velverosa that are on this level. Really there isn't as much to say here and I will admit this part is considerably more shaky, but Malori has been shown to go through training at this point and her abilities are shown to be stronger here. It should be noted that she shouldn't scale to the full brunt of Velverosa's attacks, hence the 9-A. We know this because Malori outright says that Velverosa's magic would have killed her if not for various stat boosts. I think 9-A, possibly/likely 8-C is a good middle ground here as she can clearly survive some of Velverosa's attacks but not to a great extent.

8-C+

The meat and potatoes of the entire CRT is getting Malori to 8-C+ via actual, full on scaling to Velverosa. With her stat boosts she was able to hurt Axel who had previously messed up the Demon Queen in the same chapter, showing a direct scaling from Vel to Malori in this case. This is basically the crux of her scaling fully to Velverosa, really. She can fight Axel who can fight Vel, who is comparable in strength to Sepheron, who can do this. Pretty simple imo.

Tier 7 wtf

Yeah this is a weird one I will admit but there is a reason for this. Velverosa has been able to do a town level feat when she was in her dragon form. When she used her weapon creation, she was also capable of performing a Town level feat, of which you can find both of them here

It's confirmed that Velverosa morphs her weapons out of her draconic flames, so the idea is that in her dragon form, which her weapon creation derives from, she and her created weapons would be tier 7 or so, and Malori can combat them with her own weapon creation.

This one is really iffy for me but the one who made the profile was rather adamant about this. I'd be willing to give it up though and just go into 8-C+ territory with the rest of her magic/stat boosts, or wherever you people think it should go.

So there's my little ramblings on how to make sense of the weird tiering/scaling of this verse. Let me know what you think, I suppose, and of course Velverosa's profile would be changed to accompany these changes as well, her tiers moving to 8-C+ and (maybe) tier 7 with weapon creation.

Oh also I know the profile in question has a third key for Season 3 but I think that because Season 3 hasn't concluded yet it should not be added, so just disclude that one for now and let's talk about key 1 and 2

Last edited:
Also sorry I know I probably should have waited for the current season to be over but this profile literally is so big that it causes my sandbox to crash and I need to be rid of it lol.

It's time to discuss what's basically going to make this entire thing a headache scaling wise. For a good chunk of the webcomic, while fighting Malori, Queen Velverosa is just holding back. We know this because, first of all, she kills normal adventurers incredibly easily, including Malori herself, who these adventurers are comparable to. It's even shown in chapter 20 that, when she wants to go all out, she sets up a barrier so she doesn't wreck the entire place. Despite this, Malori can take some hits from the queen, and so we scale her to Velverosa's less extreme showings, which all happen to be 9-B, and besides that Malori has a few other 9-B justifications with her explosions and such. It's even said that at this point in the series Malori essentially cannot compare to Velverosa, and would likely never win.
This is all fair. That said, I don't think you should be linking to full chapters here.
Comes from the idea of fighting Cerik, who could easily break through her shield, said shield being able to survive attacks from Velverosa that are on this level. Really there isn't as much to say here and I will admit this part is considerably more shaky, but Malori has been shown to go through training at this point and her abilities are shown to be stronger here. It should be noted that she shouldn't scale to the full brunt of Velverosa's attacks, hence the 9-A. We know this because Malori outright says that Velverosa's magic would have killed her if not for various stat boosts. I think 9-A, possibly/likely 8-C is a good middle ground here as she can clearly survive some of Velverosa's attacks but not to a great extent.
Did she block this specific attack? I'm not sure why her shield would scale to it otherwise.
The meat and potatoes of the entire CRT is getting Malori to 8-C+ via actual, full on scaling to Velverosa. With her stat boosts she was able to hurt Axel who had previously messed up the Demon Queen in the same chapter, showing a direct scaling from Vel to Malori in this case. This is basically the crux of her scaling fully to Velverosa, really. She can fight Axel who can fight Vel, who is comparable in strength to Sepheron, who can do this. Pretty simple imo.
Sure.
Yeah this is a weird one I will admit but there is a reason for this. Velverosa has been able to do a town level feat when she was in her dragon form. When she used her weapon creation, she was also capable of performing a Town level feat, of which you can find both of them here

It's confirmed that Velverosa morphs her weapons out of her draconic flames, so the idea is that in her dragon form, which her weapon creation derives from, she and her created weapons would be tier 7 or so, and Malori can combat them with her own weapon creation.
Why would creating a weapon with a fire scale to that fire? Admittedly I don't really know why that'd even matters given that with all those buffs she's capable of clashing with those attacks head on, the same attacks that caused one of the 7-C feats to begin with. I'm not sure I understand why that isn't the scaling reason, mainly.

I agree with Armor's criticisms. Otherwise, this seems fine. Also.
Also sorry I know I probably should have waited for the current season to be over but this profile literally is so big that it causes my sandbox to crash and I need to be rid of it lol.
Skill issue

This is all fair. That said, I don't think you should be linking to full chapters here.
to be perfectly honest I was in fact just lazy lol. I wouldn't do it on the actual profile

Did she block this specific attack? I'm not sure why her shield would scale to it otherwise.
She blocked a very similar attack with her shields, and besides that both her and Cerik are some of the best students in the adventuring academy, I think being literally in the top 5 or something, meaning that in terms of physicals they should likely scale off of each other (besides there's this whole thing where Malori and Cerik have a fight anyways).

Why would creating a weapon with a fire scale to that fire? Admittedly I don't really know why that'd even matters given that with all those buffs she's capable of clashing with those attacks head on, the same attacks that caused one of the 7-C feats to begin with. I'm not sure I understand why that isn't the scaling reason, mainly.
I don't know like I said I just wanted to include it for posterities reasons as it was on the original profile made. That being said I quite frankly don't know how to handle the tier 7 feats in regards to Velverosa or Malori.

So I'm just going to ask you; would it be better to just buff Velverosa up to tier 7-C anyways, or should they be mainly disregarded as outliers and the building level stuff should be kept? If we upgrade her to tier 7 then Malori would also bump up to that point via stat boosts and such, due to being able to fight Axel who can fight Queen Vel.

to be perfectly honest I was in fact just lazy lol. I wouldn't do it on the actual profile
fair lol
She blocked a very similar attack with her shields, and besides that both her and Cerik are some of the best students in the adventuring academy, I think being literally in the top 5 or something, meaning that in terms of physicals they should likely scale off of each other (besides there's this whole thing where Malori and Cerik have a fight anyways).
Well, similar doesn't mean same power, and the blast is visibly smaller, so idk.
So I'm just going to ask you; would it be better to just buff Velverosa up to tier 7-C anyways, or should they be mainly disregarded as outliers and the building level stuff should be kept? If we upgrade her to tier 7 then Malori would also bump up to that point via stat boosts and such, due to being able to fight Axel who can fight Queen Vel.
I mean is there reason to consider that an outlier? At minimum it seems like their weapons would be at that level.

Main reason to see it as an outlier is most of their other showings average at around tier 8 or lower.

@DarlingAurora can probably give a little more info since I’m sure they’ve thought about this for much longer than I have but to me 7-C just feels too high compared to average showings ig.

if you have a proposal for how you think it should go though, Chompy, I’d love to hear it

i don't really have any strong opinions on the subject but if you think it's too high and no other supporter disagrees then it's fine to ignore it

Main reason to see it as an outlier is most of their other showings average at around tier 8 or lower.

@DarlingAurora can probably give a little more info since I’m sure they’ve thought about this for much longer than I have but to me 7-C just feels too high compared to average showings ig.

if you have a proposal for how you think it should go though, Chompy, I’d love to hear it
Not sure if it is an outlier, there also exist statements of Velverosa being capable of blowing up a mountain & etc

necro, I want this thread to come through for a potential cursed match up I want to do. But I also want to modernize the Mage & the Demon Queen profiles soooo....
BUMP.

I haven’t even started Season 2 yet, so I’m just gonna comment on the formatting of Malori‘s profile.

You’re not supposed to put + ratings in the tier section, only in the Attack Potency section, so Malori’s 8-C+ with Stat Boosts and 7-C+ with Weapon Craft should just be listed as 8-C and 7-C.

I haven’t even started Season 2 yet, so I’m just gonna comment on the formatting of Malori‘s profile.

You’re not supposed to put + ratings in the tier section, only in the Attack Potency section, so Malori’s 8-C+ with Stat Boosts and 7-C+ with Weapon Craft should just be listed as 8-C and 7-C.
Uhhh... I just realized the OP hasn't been on site for like... a month. Are the calcs accepted & what do we do with the OP's draft?

Malori is not yet Velverosa level she died during sex :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
But overall seems good, but stamina and intelligence dude thats bigger than basically every other atributte put together, try choosing the best ones for each key thats enough you dont actually need to add all of the feats there.

Btw she classifies for multiple selves that is not there just in case you forgot

Back