• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He's never shown the ability to so no.

Dr Strange already mastered the mystic arts by this point and I'd even more knowledgeable on it then the Anciemt One

That's why he has time resistance as well.

I'm not entirely sure Strange's first move is shielding his entire body, though, unless he has precog that would tell him Demi has omnidirectional attacks, which I don't think is combat applicable.

I'm not crazy knowledgeable about the MCU, though, so if I'm wrong someone tell me.

Actually no.

Strange at this point shouldn't be superior to the Ancient One, as Thanos only mobilized and started moving when he did *because* the Ancient One and Odin had died.

Also Hellfire Wall takes a literal handwave to perform. In that scan, The Ancient One reacted to a bow.

Blocking an Arrow < Literal Handwave.

Yeah Strange shouldn't be more knowledgeable in magic than the Ancient One by this time, I supppose. She was the Sorcerer Supreme and Strange was neve claimed to be one.

He would have said so in his confrontation with Thanos if he was. Instead, he said "Master of the Mystic Arts".

Also, the Ancient One should have Time Stop Resistance as well. You know, Kaecillius has and she's far more experienced and powerful.

Anyway how's reacting to an arrow < handmotion?

The Archdemon said:
Yeah Strange shouldn't be more knowledgeable in magic than the Ancient One by this time, I supppose. She was the Sorcerer Supreme and Strange was neve claimed to be one.
He would have said so in his confrontation with Thanos if he was. Instead, he said "Master of the Mystic Arts".

Also, the Ancient One should have Time Stop Resistance as well. You know, Kaecillius has and she's far more experienced and powerful.

Anyway how's reacting to an arrow < handmotion?
For a Bow, you have to draw and let go at best. A handwave is... a handwave.

Essentially, a wave of the hand will always be faster than an attack that requires you to draw a bow.

An arrow travels fast sure, but to fire an arrow, one must first reach back and draw the arrow, knock it to the bow, pull back the string and then release vs a single hand wave. Now why are we talking about arrows? I've sorta been in and out of this one.

Basically yeah, what Apies said. Even if you are a literal inch away from your target, the time it takes to draw your bow and fire it will always be slower than a hand gesture (Assuming speed equal.

As it was the Ancient One who produced the full-body shield, it's even less of a feat considering she is easily *the* best Sorcerer at the time and is likely faster than every single one of the mooks.

Back