• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demise (Legend of Zelda) revision/upgrade

I see Demise is categorized at a mere 4-C.

He is literally the very embodiment of evil and destruction. He is the opposite of god. He cannot be defeated, he cannot be killed, he cannot be destroyed. The closest you can come is to seal him into a mortal incarnation, and even that incarnation, though bound by mortal limits, verges on unkillable. You would better know the only mortal incarnation of him we've ever seen by the name Ganon. The ultimate irony is that if you ever manage to kill Ganon, you would only release him back into the world at his full power, ready to destroy again. He is flat out, canonically unbeatable.

His feats primarily revolve around being completely indestructible. Like I said, he's usually Ganon. We haven't actually ever seen his full power. He's conquered and destroyed Hyrule in a number of ways, over hundreds of thousands of years. What I can say, for certain, is that he's equal in power to the Goddess who created all of Hyrule, a multiverse that has existed for hundreds of thousands of years. My point is that when I say he's the opposite of god, I mean exactly that. The Goddess Hylia is creation; Demise is destruction. That's why he's called Demise. He is the inevitable end of all things. With that level of power, I just can't imagine him being defeated.

Sorry if this is a bit meandering, I'm kind of thinking out loud as I write it — but with this said, I do believe he should be evaluated for a serious upgrade.

Most things here don't mean anything that may give him an upgrade, the only thing that does needs evidence.

Which facet do you feel warrants an upgrade? If requested, I'd gladly cite a canon reference.

Well, the Goddess was mortally wounded and Demise was sealed when they fought.

I would say they are comparable.

Fair enough - I'll cite the source of that when I get to my PC... BUT, he did face off against the Goddess and mortally wounded her before getting banished. If need be, I can cite where that occurred. Who is the "decision maker" in terms of editing tiers and powers?

Basically those are conclusions that several users knowledge about the verse decide to agree with, with everyone being able to debate on the matter. You can read our GUIDELINES on stuff to know more.

Demise got beat by Hylia who's essentially the intern of the golden goddesses, and is at the ultimate highballing equal to the Triforce, which is an infinitesimal fraction of the golden goddesses. The only part of Demise that remains is his hatred (aka Ganon), as his essence was purged by Fi after his defeat according to the HH. Furthermore, he only had two attacks. The one Hylia solved and the one Link solved. He doesn't have Ganon's immortality given The Imprisoned was crushed to death by the statue (granted said statue was empowered by the Triforce). Demise is just a name. He's powerful, and is the biggest threat that's not ALTTP Ganon or Majora, but he isn't the peak of the series.

Back