• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
As most probably already know, Noelle's IceShock attack is cold enough to completely freeze a fodder enemy, and freeze objects all around Cyber City without even directly attacking them.

During our fight with Berdly, a much stronger and better equipped Noelle is unable to freeze Berdly using only IceShock against him, even if his HP is low at the moment of receiving the attack, requiring a vastly more powerful 8-C Ice spell to encase him in ice.

For this reason, I believe Berdly should have Cold Resistance, as even the low temperatures of the IceShock are not enough to freeze him, in fact he can take multiple IceShocks due to his impressive health.

How would this apply to other characters? Quite simply, the Check information indicates that Berdly is particularly more vulnerable to Ice Attacks than other characters, probably in reference to his status as a bird monster.

I'm well aware that Noelle doesn't have the chance to fight most characters during the time we control her, but I have good reason to believe that any true boss character with more health points than Berdly would be able to withstand her ice attacks.

In addition, Kris and Noelle herself are able to ignore the low temperatures of said attacks, which froze objects all over the city even though they were much farther away than Kris was from Noelle.

Apart from the Lightners, I believe the following characters should also have this resistance:
King: As his status as a true boss and having more health than Berdly, he should be able to take Ice Attacks without freezing.
Jevil: Same as King, and he has more health than him.
Queen: Same as before, except she is even stronger than both King and Jevil.
Spamton NEO: Now I know what are you thinking, he was defeated by the IceShock spell at the end of the Snowgrave Route, but not only it took three IceShocks in quick succession, they were vastly more powerful than the ones she used against Berdly, and even more powerful than her first IceShock which could already freeze fodder, not to mention we don't actually hear the freeze sound that plays after she freezes an enemy.

All these characters should have as a reason for their resistance: Resistance to Cold (Can take Ice Attacks as physical ones. Less vulnerable to Ice Attacks than Berdly)

I won't be arguing for mini-bosses such as Tasque Manager and Clover to have this resistance, as I don't know if their status as mini-boss would protect them from being frozen, but I won't be against them having resistance as they indeed have more health than Berdly and technically any enemy with enough health points should be able to take multiple IceShocks without freezing.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Given I am the one who initially made this proposal, I agree.

Edit: Technically mini-bosses can get a "likely" given that they're beyond your average fodder, but we do not know enough if they really would.

Last edited:
As most probably already know, Noelle's IceShock attack is cold enough to completely freeze a fodder enemy, and freeze objects all around Cyber City without even directly attacking them.

During our fight with Berdly, a much stronger and better equipped Noelle is unable to freeze Berdly using only IceShock against him, even if his HP is low at the moment of receiving the attack, requiring a vastly more powerful 8-C Ice spell to encase him in ice.

For this reason, I believe Berdly should have Cold Resistance, as even the low temperatures of the IceShock are not enough to freeze him, in fact he can take multiple IceShocks due to his impressive health.

How would this apply to other characters? Quite simply, the Check information indicates that Berdly is particularly more vulnerable to Ice Attacks than other characters, probably in reference to his status as a bird monster.

I'm well aware that Noelle doesn't have the chance to fight most characters during the time we control her, but I have good reason to believe that any true boss character with more health points than Berdly would be able to withstand her ice attacks.

In addition, Kris and Noelle herself are able to ignore the low temperatures of said attacks, which froze objects all over the city even though they were much farther away than Kris was from Noelle.

Apart from the Lightners, I believe the following characters should also have this resistance:
King: As his status as a true boss and having more health than Berdly, he should be able to take Ice Attacks without freezing.
Jevil: Same as King, and he has more health than him.
Queen: Same as before, except she is even stronger than both King and Jevil.
Spamton NEO: Now I know what are you thinking, he was defeated by the IceShock spell at the end of the Snowgrave Route, but not only it took three IceShocks in quick succession, they were vastly more powerful than the ones she used against Berdly, and even more powerful than her first IceShock which could already freeze fodder, not to mention we don't actually hear the freeze sound that plays after she freezes an enemy.

All these characters should have as a reason for their resistance: Resistance to Cold (Can take Ice Attacks as physical ones. Less vulnerable to Ice Attacks than Berdly)

I won't be arguing for mini-bosses such as Tasque Manager and Clover to have this resistance, as I don't know if their status as mini-boss would protect them from being frozen, but I won't be against them having resistance as they indeed have more health than Berdly and technically any enemy with enough health points should be able to take multiple IceShocks without freezing.

Discuss.
Makes sense, i don't see a problem with this
I agree

as I said before, I think we should just give the whole verse a degree of cold resistance since ice attacks are considered physical ones in deltarune, and everybody has a hp bar.
but technically speaking, I agree with the thread

pretty sure there’s an ongoing crt about voting rights
I put in my two cents that semi-knowledgeable and members should at least be allowed to have some role that gives them voting permissions
but for now yeah only the higher ups get to decide if a crt goes through or not

huh, I swore content mods had evaluation rights, but rechecked and you're right
Although I am knowledgeable enough to get everyone to agree with me if I want to and even surpass those with evaluation rights.
anime-girl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back