• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune and Undertale cosmology + the player

Ti58

He/Him
Okay, so I recently made a thing
Here are the conclusions I reached:
  • Undertale and Deltarune are a part of one verse (although they are different multiverses)
  • Due to Reality-Fiction transcendence, the Undertale/Deltarune player scales above the UTDR verse via being real. Said verse contains some 2-B characters. Dunno what does that scale to, 2-A? I'm still fairly new (update: 1-A)

Last edited:
I'm no expert on tier 1, but IIRC this breaks the new R>FT rules due to how Chara interacts with the Player at the end of Undertale's genocide route (The Player was once upgraded to Low 1-C before being downgraded)

I'm no expert on tier 1, but IIRC this breaks the new R>FT rules due to how Chara interacts with the Player at the end of Undertale's genocide route (The Player was once upgraded to Low 1-C before being downgraded)
Not really, Chara isn't as powerful as the player. Chara to them is ultimately just a bunch of pixels on the screen for the player.

While they do manage to take the soul and player control, they don't take the player's literal actual soul, it only affects Frisk's wellbeing in the end.

Like Chara is only stronger than the player within the confines of Undertale.

Also Chara is metatextually a representation of the player's desires during genocide.

um

Player's R>F thing was addressed here

um

Player's R>F thing was addressed here
The Undertale verse is seen as fiction from the player. This is mentioned in my blog.
I adressed the Chara thing above.

I find the "references to Undertale" fairly unconvincing, they seem more like nods to Undertale then anything else, not to say that they aren't connected in the cosmology but I would prefer a more direct reference. Gaster existing (or not existing) in both seems like a better way to prove it.

I find the "references to Undertale" fairly unconvincing, they seem more like nods to Undertale then anything else, not to say that they aren't connected in the cosmology but I would prefer a more direct reference. Gaster existing (or not existing) in both seems like a better way to prove it.
Yeah, that was also used as an argument. Clam Girl Goner mentioning Susie Deltarune in Undertale too.

Also to be fair if you don't count them as proof of that then thty still are evidence that the player transcends fiction and the cosmology of Undertale and Deltarune

I'm no expert on tier 1, but IIRC this breaks the new R>FT rules due to how Chara interacts with the Player at the end of Undertale's genocide route
Tbf they can only actually interact with Player only with Player’s permission. If we refuse to give our soul, they will just be like “fine” and wait for another 10 minutes.

this has been debunked by the downgrade thread i just linked
Arrrright, so I'll make this as clear as possible on why Low 1-C Player is definitely wrong.

Seeing as data is not Low 1-C
this is true, but doesn't change the fact that the player sees the world as a game
The first thing is that the Undertale verse is seen as datas from the Player as implied from the Dirty Hacker ending. Seeing as data is not worth for a Higher-Dimensional gap given that datas exist as just electrons, and these two profiles are not 11-A just because they're made of datas.
but seeing something as a game that you can play, download etc. and existing beyond the confines of it and being a higher-dimensional being is
This character also sees the cosmology as a game and they're still 2-C as well. So the reason for Low 1-C is already non-existent as is just a higher degree of 2-B and nothing else.
Then the scalling for said character is wrong as they also have Reality-Fiction transcendence and should be like 1-A. And that Stellaris thing is already the most powerful being in the verse.
Scaling issues

Chara absolutely does scale to the Player as they could reach them and take their Soul. Counting how much of a deal the power of the Soul is, this basically implies that Chara has a comparable status with the Player. Low 1-C Player implies Low 1-C Chara, aka that Chara can transcend themselves, which is nonsense.
adressed above in the thread we're currently in

Last edited:
Back