• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deleting composite link

@Theuser well I'm planning on making a thread, after the wiki move.

@Cal I'm 99% sure outside of vs debating composite Link isn't popular at all. OoT Link and BotW Link are definitely more popular than theoretical composite Link. But like everyone mentioned, popularity doesn't really matter against rule breaks.

@Zachary The Movie is canon to the YouTube series as it's officially episode 120, however, Death Mwauthzyx's lore is still canon to the games. But this is derailment, stay on topic.

@Zaratthustra Bugs Bunny was going to be rewritten to separate comics from Cartoons. And maybe keys for different eras.

Zaratthustra said:
Since we're on this topic, is this Bugs Bunny (Composite) also to be nuked since it says (Composite)?
Im pretty sure we came to the conclusion bugs doesn't have any set cannon, we might eventually seperate him out based on the era of cartoon ect, but he has no cannon story or really anything to follow (Though we've discussed nuking him straight up in the past iirc)

@Ion, most legendaries aren't a species but only indivuduals, outside of some exceptions, Mewtwo isn't a species for example, plus I am pretty sure Ash's Pikachu 4-B comes from the manga feat of Nezcroma

@Data, alright then

Newendigo said:
The idea of popularity should be forbbiden to use as an argument at this point.
I mean it sorta is, its why I didn't include the possiblity of keeping composite link in the op, he needs to either be nuked or modified to no longer be composite. Keeping him as is isn't really on the table at this point.

It's another one of those "Loose canon" stories as opposed to simply having no canon at all.

Ionliosite said:
Movie 16's Female Mewtwo: Am I a joke to you?
Breeding pair does equal viable species though the real question would be if their offspring could breed...Saying that as we only really know of a few they don't have nearly enough genetic diversity to create a stable population...Then again they seem to have rather long lifespans so it's probably not an issue.

The pen or the sword said:
Ionliosite said:
Breeding pair does equal viable species though the real question would be if their offspring could breed...Saying that as we only really know of a few they don't have nearly enough genetic diversity to create a stable population...Then again they seem to have rather long lifespans so it's probably not an issue.
in the game canon mewtwo pops around in a bunch of games and we are not even counting in movie mewtwo who's verse is confirmed to be canon to the main story (i think)

If it isn't obvious from my previous statements on this matter, I'm all for nuking Comp Link for the exact reason we nuked all the other composites: he doesn't actually exist. There's not point that Link possesses all the skills and powers from every incarnation of himself. Until such a time that this occurs, it's all hypothetical.

Link is not like the Doctor, who is essentially the same being just with different characteristics who remembers all previous incarnations. Link is not a species who can bear numerous different attributes. He does not possess a loose canon as each Link has their own adventures, powers, equipment, experience or some comboination of the aformentioned traits that are unique to them.

Tl;dr Link has to go, popularity be damned.

Most people see in favor of straight up deletion and the only argument seems to be popularity... Do we need to contiue at this point or should I just contact the content moderators to get a move on?

That was only a example, plus doesn't change the fact that anime Pikachu scales to manga feats for example

Sorry for dreailment

anyways

Composite

ƒò║ƒÅ┐ƒò║ƒÅ┐ƒò║ƒÅ┐ÔÜ░´©Åƒò║ƒÅ┐ƒò║ƒÅ┐ƒò║ƒÅ┐

Link

R.I.P.

Theuser789 said:
That was only a example, plus doesn't change the fact that anime Pikachu scales to manga feats for example
Im sure this can be discussed in the thread data has planned for after the forum move, it has nothing to do with composite link, it is a seperate issue that can be discussed in it's own thread and dealt with accordingly.

Not this again...

All the Links are meant to be the exact same character: they share soul, personality, design (although slightly changed to fit the art style of the game), name and others.

He's meant to be the same character with the reincarnation bit being Nintendo trying to make sense out of the Zelda timeline, and we can see this since in both the Zelda official site and Hyrule Encyclopedia there's a single page describing LINK. Not BOTW, not TP or whatever, just Link, the spirit of the Hero. If even Nintendo considers him a single character, I don't see why we should contradict WoG. There's legit no difference between Link, and say, Mario, outside of the former changing sometimes bodies between games due to reincarnation, and if Nintendo doesn't care about that, neither should we.

Link's page has already been mostly "decomposited" (except for the tier, which is pretty easy to fix), and we should just nuke the individual Links (or transfer them into blogs if possible).

I will try to not debate this too much since a conclusion had already been reached some months ago.

So I repeat is their a reason to continue this? the consensus seem pretty strong here. Or should we move on to getting the content moderators to help remove links links? The only argument is popularity and I think it's pretty unanimous that isn't enough to justify it...

Im sure this can be discussed in the thread data has planned for after the forum move, it has nothing to do with composite link, it is a seperate issue that can be discussed in it's own thread and dealt with accordingly.

Ok, the other comments didn't load when I typed that

Enjoyed I did all right, Now Ive had about four hours of sleep over the course of the last forty eight hours, so should I contact the relevant staff (Content moderators ect) Or is someone else willing to deal with this before I collapse from caffeine poisoning?

Pen@ Just take a rest, pretty sure most people here is willing to help and get rid of this danm elf.

We may call more staff I guess

The real cal howard said:
Now I'll fight and kill anyone who tries to delete either, but if I had to sacrifice, and I won't if you know what's good for you, it would be the one profile sent to the wolves instead of the many.
My dood. Im sure you could have worded that better.

Zelda should have multiple keys and/or she could have split profiles. Obviously the demsal Zeldas who never fight don't need profiles or keys, but stuff like Shiek, Tetra, Twilight Princess, or Spirit Tracks Zelda are worth having.

Im fine with Composite Link being removed. He violates the rules of composite profiles anyways.

I didn't agree with the removal of composites in the first place, so I won't say anything in that regard.

But if a page blatantly ignores the rules concerning what kind of characters can have profiles, then it should be deleted.

Back