• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deidara's Durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Deidara's Durability is at least Town level due to him taking a punch from Hebi Sasuke, but shouldn't his Durability scale to his Attack Potency due to him surviving the explosion of all his own landmines AND the C2 Dragon?

If he tanked it, he probably should scale. The only way for him not to scale is if there is evidence for the bombs being weaker in that instance or it being somehow inconsistent.

Hebi Sasuke seems to be considered Mountain level+ anyways, so there doesn't really seem to be a reason for Deidara's durability not scaling.

Wouldn't that also upgrade Sasori since he is superior to Deidara?

LordTracer said:
Hebi Sasuke seems to be considered Mountain level+ anyways, so there doesn't really seem to be a reason for Deidara's durability not scaling.
Good point

Nehz XZX said:
I guess so. But I don't remember entirely, was Sasori stated to be superior?

Not that I'd find it hard to believe or anything, just curious.

I guess so. But I don't remember entirely, was Sasori stated to be superior?

Not that I'd find it hard to believe or anything, just curious.

I recall having read that in a thread with nobody arguing against it.

Well. I think both of them should scale then. I heard that the 7-As will become either 7-B or 6-C

Nehz XZX said:
We don't know if Deidara meant skill wise or strength. If you look at the way he said it, he seemingly wanted to scare Kakashi and make him go help Chiyo&Sakura, as seen by his reaction when Naruto said it himself. Also, feats>statements, Prime Hiruzen was back then believed to be the most op Hokage, Itachi and Kisame retreated against Jiraiya which was before Itachi's character was retconned, Kishi didn't think those through since those statements got trampled all over chapters later when we see the full potential of said characters. Sasori, even when going a little easy, had a tough time against Chiyo and Sakura, Deidara's feats are vastly superior, he would have killed Team Guy, Kakashi and Naruto w/ the Suicide Clone Bomb had Kakashi not used Kamui on the explosion, he beat Gaara while holding back, he oneshot the Sanbi, matched Hebi Sasuke even though Sasuke was the counter against Deidara, etc. For all we know, Deidara became stronger after the Gaara Rescue Arc, so it's hard to scale Sasori, all I know is that Deidara's Durability needs to be upgraded due to him surviving all the explosions of his landmines and the C2 Dragon.

Hiruzen's hype statements at the beginning of the series were never really retconned as far as i know. only one who might rival him would be Onoki IMO. Even Orochimaru admits Prime Hiruzen would beat him, and Orochimaru is stronger than Tsunade. Tsunade is obviously the physically strongest Kage. So yeah I think Hiruzen's statements are legit.

I do think that Diedara is probably stronger than Sasori, but not by a lot tbh. Also Sakura is comparable to Kakshi physically if not stronger, and she had Chiyo's help as well. Plus Sasori Low-key let them win lol.

As for Itachi vs Jiraiya..... He did do pretty well against Pain without intel, so He's not fodder obviously, But i agree Itachi wins 10/10.

If Hiruzen's hype wasn't retconned, wouldn't that put prime Hiruzen above both Hashirama and Tobirama...? That seems questionable to me.

I don't really have an opinion on the whole Sasori v. Deidara thing, but shouldn't Sasori be in the same general tier as Deidara? Atm Deidara is 7-A, and Sasori has a Kage as one of his puppets. Kage are normally 7-A.

The Kage that Sasori has as one of his puppets is the third Kazekage who was stated to be the strongest Kazekage ever which would put him above Rasa and Gaara in the Kazekage Rescue Arc.

@LordTracer; I always get confused... does the statement say he's the strongest Kage or Hokage?

if Hokage then i stand corrected. if Kage, then it obviously means strongest among his contemporaries.

I agree with the Sasori bump tho FRA.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Hiruzen's hype statements at the beginning of the series were never really retconned as far as i know. only one who might rival him would be Onoki IMO. Even Orochimaru admits Prime Hiruzen would beat him, and Orochimaru is stronger than Tsunade. Tsunade is obviously the physically strongest Kage. So yeah I think Hiruzen's statements are legit.
So Prime Hiruzen>Hashirama?

UchihaSlayer96 said:
I do think that Diedara is probably stronger than Sasori, but not by a lot tbh. Also Sakura is comparable to Kakshi physically if not stronger, and she had Chiyo's help as well. Plus Sasori Low-key let them win lol.
That was Early Shippuden Sakura who would be fodder against Hebi Sasuke tho, look at the way Sasuke speedblitzed Team Yamato, Deidara dodged a speedblitz from a stronger Sasuke.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
As for Itachi vs Jiraiya..... He did do pretty well against Pain without intel, so He's not fodder obviously, But i agree Itachi wins 10/10.
I mean yea, he did do well against Pain, but back in Part 1 Kishi made it seem like Jiraiya could take both Itachi AND Kisame event though both of em would already be hard to deal with alone.

gooNehz XZX said:
The Kage that Sasori has as one of his puppets is the third Kazekage who was stated to be the strongest Kazekage ever which would put him above Rasa and Gaara in the Kazekage Rescue Arc.
Good point.

Seems like I stand corrected on the Hiruzen portion. My apologies

I thought it was "Kage" not "hokage"

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Seems like I stand corrected on the Hiruzen portion. My apologies
I thought it was "Kage" not "hokage"
I mean there is this, but it's hard for me to believe that he could take on a full powered Hashirama.

at the end of the day we will never know for sure, unless someone asks Kishimoto himself (Tho there's much more burning questions that should take priority should someone get such an opportunity lol).

but yea i don't see Hiruzen being anywhere close to Hashi's level

Hiruzen scales to Orochimaru as an old man though so that's still impressive, puts him on equal footing with the other Kage at least, just not the previous Hokages

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Hiruzen scales to Orochimaru as an old man though so that's still impressive, puts him on equal footing with the other Kage at least, just not the previous Hokages
True. Oro did say that if Hiruzen had just been 10 years younger, that he would die. Considering the way he said it, Hiruzen was probably even stronger 15-20 years ago. Depends on how old he was when he hit his prime.

Deidara blatantly stated that Sasori was stronger than him. I think that would end up affecting Kakuzu and maybe Hidan as well, since Kakashi at this point was superior to Sakura IIRC

ZephyrosOmega said:
Deidara blatantly stated that Sasori was stronger than him.
Unforgiven0815 said:
We don't know if Deidara meant skill wise or pure strength. If you look at the way he said it, he seemingly wanted to scare Kakashi and make him go help Chiyo&Sakura, as seen by his reaction when Naruto said it himself. Also, feats>statements, Prime Hiruzen was back then believed to be the most op Hokage, Itachi and Kisame retreated against Jiraiya which was before Itachi's character was retconned, Kishi didn't think those through since those statements got trampled all over chapters later when we see the full potential of said characters. Sasori, even when going a little easy, had a tough time against Chiyo and Sakura, Deidara's feats are vastly superior, he would have killed Team Guy, Kakashi and Naruto w/ the Suicide Clone Bomb had Kakashi not used Kamui on the explosion, he beat Gaara while holding back, he oneshot the Sanbi, matched Hebi Sasuke even though Sasuke was the counter against Deidara, etc. For all we know, Deidara became stronger after the Gaara Rescue Arc, so it's hard to scale Sasori.
+Speedwise, Sasori's best feat is reacting to Early Shippuden Sakura and Chiyo. A stronger Sakura was later speedblitzed along with Naruto, Sai and Yamato by Sasuke and Deidara dodged a speedblitz from a stronger Sasuke.

... you guys know you did a mistake, right? Deidara being 7-A+ would affect a lot of characters. And you guys should message all Naruto supporters since we are doing a huge revisions for the verse

Deidara's durability, since it was 'At least Town level' even though his AP was 7-A+.

Dude I am not talking about AP, the thread is about his dura and my comment too

He was already 7-A+, but his Durability was only at least Town level. So I suggested to update his Durability due to the feat of him surviving the explosions of his landmines and C2 Dragon. Since his Attack Potency is Mountain Level+, his Durability should be as well.

Yes and that's the mistake. This would change a lot of profiles and doing that without creating a chain scaling is bad

How come? Are there other Naruto characters where their AP is Mountain Level+, but their Durability lower? Deidara was considered as class canon because of that, cuz he apparently didn't have better Durability feats than taking a punch from Hebi Sasuke. But he did. Surviving the explosions of his landmines and C2 Dragon.

And Hebi Sasuke is considered 7-A+, so Deidara's durability should've been 7-A+ regardless.

I also remember bringing up Deidara having ko'd the Sanbi (Who's 6-C) and the Databooks saying so, but that feat was never used in his profile, guess that's for another topic since ya'll currently doing the Part 1 Revisions.

Look, I never said Deidara doesn't have 7-A+ durability. I am neutral on that. I am just saying that if you guys update his durability, more characters would scale.

Kakashi from Immortal Arc is only 7-C and all characters like him are 7-C as well. Before updating his profile and creating this thread, make a list of people who would scale, at least.

That's not my point, Deidara has been 7-A for a while, it's just his Durability that needed to be upgraded. Early Shippuden Kakashi never directly fought Deidara, only used Kamui against him once, so how would Immortal Arc Kakashi scale to him? In combat, that Kakashi was fighting evenly with Hidan who is at least 7-C and beat Asuma. Hidan would lose horribly against both Deidara and Hebi Sasuke though.

Not your point but that's my point, since you are discussing with me.

It doesn't matter if Deidara has been 7-A+ for a while in AP, no one besides Hebi Sasuke with CS should scale to his bombs. I am talking about people who would scale to his durability.

Naruto with 3 Tails could stomp Deidara, although it was a clone when Naruto was almost bleeding because of the punches. But still, it doesn't make any sense for Deidara to be 7-A+ in durability while Ninjas like Kakashi being only 7-C

That was a Deidara with no arms, low on clay, exhausted from beating and kidnapping Gaara and helping taking the Bijuu outta him. Shouldn't scale, Deidara had no ways to protect himself except using a clay clone to escape the Rasengan.

Deidara's Durability is 7-A because his AP is 7-A. Immortal Arc Kakashi's Durability is at least 7-C cuz of him receiving blows from Kakuzu who's AP is at least 7-C. Where is the problem?

Since no one is taking responsibility for Deidaras faulty durability rating I think it was good others created a CRT for Deidara specifically. Another crt can be made for hose who scale to Deidara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back