• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Defender of The North Pole vs The Man Who Shaped America

Man, that big boy Paul needs some calcs.

Also, this statement about Santa amuses & confuses me: Regenerationn (Able to eat cookies, mince pies, rice porridge and drink milk, beer, sherry, and Guinness from households across the entire world in one night without dying or getting drunk)

Also, what: Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (He could lift Babe, his blue ox, and their plow up with one arm. 42 axe handles can fit between babe's eyes and his shoes are big enough to take out 40 acres of trees when thrown a mile)

>Superhuman

I know there's an At Least there, but surely there's a higher bare minimum that can be determined from that.

Funnily enough, Santa has Class M Lifting Strength, which can lift the largest ships. Paul Bunyan is only Large Size Type 2, Building Sized.

I wonder if Santa could pick up Paul, or even throw him.

Anyway, as I see it, Santa would have mobility advantage via his flying sleigh... except Paul probably has the range to counter it, seeing as Santa can't really fight except from up close.

Santa has Stealth Mastery, so that helps. Not sure his Regenerationn (Seriously, what is that justification & such.) or Clairvoyance (I don't think Paul is a "little boy" in multiple senses of the term.) will help much.

....Although, thinking on it, Santa probably wouldn't win by fighting. He's peaceful, has hundreds of years of experience, and well.

As it turns out, Paul has only Peak Human Stamina to Santa's Superhuman; Santa is the more enduring. And he's more enduring via Longevity, too.

Santa is probably smarter via hundreds of years of experience, too. Paul is a skilled lumberjack & animal tracker, too, which is... surprisingly helpful.

See, turns out one of the best strategies seems to be just for Santa to hop on his sleigh and fly away; He has Longevity, much better Stamina, Intelligence, & probably knows the world better.

As long as Santa puts a deep enough ocean between himself & the building-sized man -and Santa LIVES at the North Pole, with its freezing water- Paul probably can't pursue him.

Even if Paul did decide to give chase & chopped down a bunch of America's trees to build a raft & an oar that could hold his building-sized man weight, he still has to survive the frigid temperatures of the north -possibly doable, supposing the body heat his size would give, assuming he can't get gear his size- once he gets there well....

Does Paul Bunyan weigh more than the largest ship? More than 840,000 tonnes? If not, once he gets to the North Pole, or anywhere with deep enough water, Santa could apply his Class M Lifting Strength, & push Paul in; His weight would make him sink, & if he's not strong enough to swim or jump out, he'd drown or freeze.

So Santa could win by:

A. Fly on sleigh to North Pole, wait. (He outlives.)

B. When Paul pursues or reaches, push or throw into water to drown or freeze.

Per SBA:

Victory Conditions: Killing the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

I'm pretty sure making your opponent unable to fight you because they're too busy travelling to the North Pole satisfies ONE OF THOSE, right? Or being drowned, frozen solid or stuck at the bottom of the ocean?

If Santa plays this smart, he can toy with this match & have it be in the bag.

Otherwise, though, I'm very sure Paul has higher statistics. I'm just not sure by how much. But given Santa's peaceful nature, I think he'd be more likely to not choose "fight the giant lumberjack" rather than "Let him try to sail to chase me on my flying sleigh to my home in the north pole.", & funnily enough, that seems to be a good way to win here.

Back