• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Debunking "Galaxy Level" Power Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triassic Ranger

The Problem
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Conner_McKnight

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tommy_Oliver

First of all, I feel that it is necessary to point out that I absolutely love Power Rangers as much as anyone and was raised on the 90's phenomenon like many of you. However, on both Conner and Tommy's profiles above, it states that they are each Galaxy level in their Triassic and Black Dino Ranger forms respectively. This is absolutely false due to the following evidence I will provide below.

Outlier
The claim actually originates from the single picture above, which demonstrates Conner showing that he can take an opponent to his "Triassic Dimension" to do battle with him there. However, the spiral galaxy shown in the background is only shown once in the entire series and every other time Conner takes an enemy to his dimension, the galaxy is never shown again. Once versus the other three times he does this move, not to mention no one in the history of Power Rangers has ever demonstrated this level of power, should consider this an Outlier by sheer definition of the term on this website.

Finally, it is never said nor even implied that Conner "created" this dimension. It is implied, however, that he's just teleporting there to do battle. The only thing that can be proven is that the dimension exists and is related to the Triassic power in some facet.

Creating a dimension with a "galaxy" in the background =/= Teleporting to one

Not Galaxy level.

False Circular Reasoning
Secondly, the profiles use circular reasoning to explain why each character is Galaxy level and that reasoning is actually false. On Conner's profile, it says that he is Galaxy level for the aforementioned and because he tanked attacks from Zeltrax. The video that links from that, however, is Conner completely defeating Zeltrax using his Battilizer and not once getting hit.

Similarly, on Tommy's profile, it states that he defeated "Tree of Life Zeltrax, who defeated Triassic Ranger Conner." Zeltrax never defeated Triassic Ranger Conner in the entire series and actually ran from him using a holographic clone. Tommy also needed Kira's help to defeat Tree of Life Zeltrax anyway. Tommy on his own only ever defeated normal Zeltrax.

And Tommy's feat of defeating the White Terrosaurus that "absorbed the other Rangers' powers" is not as impressive as its made out to be on that page. The White Terrosaurus never absorbed the Triassic Power.

Evidence and Conclusion
https://youtu.be/1OREdJ_AlBM?t=6477

Lastly, you can see in the above fight that happens in Episode 36 (out of 38), the Triassic Ranger is overcome by one of of Mesogogg's normal monsters [dubbed The Ugly Monster (no, I'm not kidding)]. In their fight, the Ugly Monster defeats each of the five rangers and defeats Conner's Triassic Power, but is then overcome by a combination attack (that combined all five ranger powers together).

By the logic and power scaling of the profiles as they are now, anytime five Power Rangers (who all draw power from the same Morphing Grid, as stated in Super Megaforce and shown in any team-up) fire their combination blast at a monster, they're putting out a Galaxy busting amount of energy. And anytime the monsters survive those blasts or they're deflected, like here, those monsters have Galaxy level feats as well?

Again, out of the four times it was shown throughout the season, the "Triassic Dimension" of the Triassic Ranger only displays a galaxy once in its four showings. And jumping from Large Planet to Galaxy level for only one season (one demonstration even) is the very definition of an outlier and should not be accepted.

Therefore, based on all three points above, I am proposing a vote to downgrade both Conner and Tommy's profiles to Large Planet level where they belong based on the actual calculable feats that have been done.

I disagree with the "it's only shown a galaxy once" thing. I don't think it's very reasonable to assume that if during later scenes we don't see the galaxy, that this galaxy just suddenly disappeared or now the dimension has a "size outlier." Especially when it can just be said that fights were taking places in other portions of the realm.

Also using that blasts from these Galaxy levels do not inflict high destruction is also not a very strong argument, given the standards this site has regarding Attack Potency and Area of Effect.

The other points of this being a power outlier or that Connor didn't truly create the dimension however, I haven't seen this shown enough in recent years to know of and would appreciate other members' input on.

I don't remember if he created it.

But, he gained the Triassic Power, and pretty sure someone have to create the Triassic Dimension...

@Ryukama

I never once used they don't inflict "high destruction" as an argument. I only said nowhere in the history of Power Rangers has anyone shown this level of power. And Conner only showed the Triassic Dimension having a galaxy once. One time. And every other time he did it, the dimension was far smaller. By definition of this website, that is an outlier.

Jumping from Large Planet to Galaxy is an outlier in its own right. The difference in energy there is absolutely absurd. And I still stand my all my other points.

But again, yes, it's never shown or stated that he created this dimension. He teleports there. It's connected to the Triassic Power through unknown means. That is all we know.

@Aiden

Yes, "someone" must have created it. And whoever that is might be Galaxy level, for sure, but Conner never once says he created it. All he does is welcome them to "his world."

But ownership =/= creation of. I own my house, but I didn't create it. I own my car, but I didn't create it. Heck, I own my body, but I didn't even create it. And I would welcome alien beings to my country, but I didn't create America.

I guess I misunderstood your point about the monsters deflected the blasts then. My apologies.

Anyways like I said, I don't think if a pocket dimension shows a galaxy during one scene, and then in others scenes does not show that same galaxy. That we would then say that it's no longer galaxy sized in its other showings or that the dimension's first appearance was a size outlier.

Rather it's likely that other scenes are happening in different areas where that galaxy isn't visible.

But regardless, I'll see what others have to say as well since I am not completely knowledgeable in the series since I haven't seen it in years now.

One of the biggest deals on those pages too is the false circular reasoning. If everyone votes for Conner to remain a Galaxy level, then he will be the only one.

All of the examples they use to scale Tommy to Galaxy level are simply false (as proven above), and at the very least, his profile needs to be altered.

Leaving Conner this way, though, would of course make him the absolute strongest being in the entire Power Rangers franchise.

Edit: No reason to apologize, Ryu. I got a little wordy in my explanation. And I would agree with your point if there had ever been a Galaxy level feat in Power Rangers before. The jump from Large Planet to Galaxy makes it an outlier solely based on that alone. That'd almost be like me trying to take Superman from Solar System to Universal based on one feat. People would scream outlier.

Alright then.

But one final thing to say before leaving this to others is if Connor gained a new transformation when he did this 3-C feat, like the profile seems to indicate, then the fact that his previous form was Large Planet becomes moot.

Brand new transformations kind of negate the whole outlier thing. Or else Goku would never reach Tier 5, Superman Prime One Million wouldn't be Multi-Solar System, etc.

However this might be a different case if all characters that scale to him are explicitly at a much lower power level.

"Leaving Conner this way, though, would of course make him the absolute strongest being in the entire Power Rangers franchise."

Actually.

A. I'm pretty sure Overdrive has some 3-As.

B. Mesogog's final form is > Connor's Battlizer.

C. Don't see why that's really relevant anyway, as each season of PR is mostly detached from the others outside of teamups and Super Megaforce.

Your going to have to talk with the lead people that know a lot about power rangers here. Wasn't that person Dino ranger black that was that guy.

X Heart of Steel x said:
@Aiden
Yes, "someone" must have created it. And whoever that is might be Galaxy level, for sure, but Conner never once says he created it. All he does is welcome them to "his world."

But ownership =/= creation of. I own my house, but I didn't create it. I own my car, but I didn't create it. Heck, I own my body, but I didn't even create it. And I would welcome alien beings to my country, but I didn't create America.
But they didn't give you the power that they used to create it.

Is not the same.

To be fair there are some cases where characters have ownership over a realm and actually have created it. Like Kaguya Otsutsuki, Yukio from Bleach, etc.

Seeing as how Conner refers to it as "his world", it should be assumed to be his creation and that its the Burden of Proof of others to prove that he didnt create it. At least that's what I see it as.

Okay, say I'm fine with leaving Conner Galaxy level. It might make for a good argument later for why other characters from other franchises should be considered much higher based on a single showing contradictory to the rest of their series. But whatever the members of the site decide, I will have to accept.

But now tell me why Tommy should also be Galaxy level if the evidence on the profile is false? That is one "Burden of Proof" I did prove based on the video link I gave above and just what actually happened in the series (primarily Tommy never defeating Tree of Life Zeltrax on his own).

By the way, I am actually okay with Power Rangers being Galaxy level if they have statements or feats to prove it. I just need to see them, because my own knowledge of the source material cannot remember anything like it. However, one showing next to 24 years of only Large Planet level showings/statements is exactly what the word Outlier was created for. Again, I'll use the same example... If I tried to raise Superman from Solar System to Universe level based on one feat, everyone on this site would refer to the outlier rule as it states on this website.

I am not trying to be rude, but I am trying to ascertain the factual power and truth of this series.

Edit: Also, the Ugly Monster will be Galaxy level too.

I think that Heart of Steel seems to make sense.

However, it would be a good idea to get more input from people knowledgeable about the series first.

I think that Azathoth started another downgrade thread previously. I will ask him.

I will state that a parallel dimension that doesn't even follow the rules of our universe and is incredibly loosely explained appeaing to have a galaxy in the background one time is not good reason for galaxy level. If this was one of many, or even just several, instances that supported this level of power, it would make sense. Hell, even if it was just directly stated to contain an entire actual galaxy. But we most likely shouldn't use the dimension having what looks like a galaxy in the background as proof of it actually containing one. It also contains a line model of a black hole with two planets floating above it, but we wouldn't use this to say "the Triassic Dimension contains a black hole".

Accepting this on the most vague possible evidence means we will be hypocritical should we not allow other instances of similar natue in the future, which will likely lead to massively overinflated stats that aren't accurate. We're already quite loose with some stuff like this, as it is.

To tired to read the post now, but I will say Pika said he was going to check up on the Triassic Ranger arc to make sure. Maybe we should get his opinion first?

@Darkanine

That sounds good, but I went back and watched some of the episodes on Netflix and couldn't find anything about Conner "creating" the dimension. He only says, "welcome to my world."

Also, I'm posting this video from Dino Charge (10 seasons later) to show that Sledge and Heckyl are supposedly stated to have "destroyed galaxies." However, Broly "destroyed a galaxy" and this wiki still only deems him 4-B and possibly 4-A due to the uncertainty of what was meant by the claim.

Similarly, Sledge and his cohort could mean:

A. Destroyed the galaxy with their ships

B. Destroyed the galaxy over time by ravaging individual planets

C. Life wiped

D. It's a hyperbole

X Heart of Steel x said:
Also, I'm posting this video from Dino Charge (10 seasons later) to show that Sledge and Heckyl are supposedly stated to have "destroyed galaxies." However, Broly "destroyed a galaxy" and this wiki still only deems him 4-C and possibly 4-A due to the uncertainty of what was meant by the claim.

Similarly, Sledge and his cohort could mean:

A. Destroyed the galaxy with their ships

B. Destroyed the galaxy over time by ravaging individual planets

C. Life wiped

D. It's a hyperbole
Already dealt with this.

So, does anybody want to carry out the statistics changes, or should we wait for more input?

Well, I'd like to check some things out before any dowgrades are to happen, such as a possible star feat in Ninja Storm which may scale to Conner and Tommy

Star would be much better than Galaxy. At least that is logical progression. Like I said, I am very open to helping Power Rangers and creating pages; I just want to make sure we're doing so objectively and without accepting outliers.

@Darkanine Do you still need time, or is it fine to carry out the changes? I would prefer if some staff member, or experienced regular member, would handle it.

Now that I have the time, I'll try to rebuttal some points.

1. It being an outlier.

The first argument about it not appearing in subsequent shots is weird, but I don't think it completely discredits it. Secondly on it being an outlier for the entire series, I have two issues with that:

1) Feats of other characters shouldn't warrant what is or isn't an outlier for a character in a powered-up state.

2) There actually has been better feats in the series. The Corona Aurora was said to be able to destroy the universe AFAIK and Flurious "absorbed" it, and was only defeated by "Sentinel Ranger Mack"

2. The circular reasoning. I can't comment on those as those were added by Pikachu942 and Dino Ranger Black

But none the less, I guess its a bit to vague to properly use. I think "At least 5-A (Or 4-C), possibly 3-C" is a good compromise. I don't think the thing should be largely ignored.

As for the Star feat in Power Rangers: Ninja Storm, a MOTW named "General Trayf" sent the Rangers to "his dimension". In the sentai it was adapted from Ninpuu Sentai Hurricrangers, the equivalent to General Trayf named "Dimensional Ninja FutabutaBou" had complete control over this dimension and was heavily implied to have created it, said dimension contained a very visible Sun, which he could (somewhat) warp and weaponize. I just need to check the episode his Ninja Storm equivalent appears in to see if he has the same feat.

Just out of curiosity, what episode was it stated that the Corona Aurora could destroy the universe?

And I just watched that Ninja Storm episode. He does teleport to a different dimension, but again, it's never implied he created it. Unless we're going to consider all teleporters to different dimensions as having created those dimensions, I think this is kind of a lofty argument.

And while it is daylight, it's cloudy and very difficult to tell whether there's an actual sun.

I can't tell you unfortunately, I'm going off what I've heard from Dino Ranger Black, a fellow staff member.

I see then. Again, I was referring more to the Sentai which had a very clear shot of the Su and even Solar System. Sorry for making you watch the episode in my place.

Based on your reasoning, I think I can potentially agree. I thought I remembered there being a saying for the Shield of Triumph to have directly created the Triassic Dimension, but I'm having difficulty finding it. Because of this, I will concede for now until I can find it. For now, SDM would be potentially Star-SS level based on the controversial Bork feat in SPD, and if the NS Star feat is true, then those 3 series in particular would all scale to each other.

@Pikachu, would you be adverse to changing those statements on Tommy and Conner's profiles then? At least for now?

Also, I would like to begin creating profiles for the original MM cast and scaling them to Jason. Also, shouldn't we add a section for Jason where he uses both the Red Ranger and Green Ranger power coins simultaneously? For an "At least Large Planet level, likely higher" mention.

I'd rather wait for Dark to work on the Ninja Storm stuff, less work for me ya know lol. Don't worry, though, it will all be fixed after that.

That time when he had both Power Coins was for a very short time and he barely used it in battle if at all, so I dunno. I wouldn't be averse to it, but I'd rather here what others have to say first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back