• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing a lot of research on Sonic scaling (and yes, playing through the god awful Sonic era that includes '06 and other games), and I think that a lot of scalers who work on the Sonic pages seem to really misinterpret the powers of the higher tier characters (Such as Super forms, Solaris and others).

For starters, I'll start off with Super Sonic:

Super Sonic​

sonic_frontiers.jpg

Debunking Multiversal Super forms​

Most of the Super forms for characters are depicted as Multiverse level and have Immeasurable Speed at their strongest, which I think is blatantly wrong.

This misconception seems to come from the fact that three Super forms were able to defeat Solaris, a being that "eats" time and timelines. Now no, this doesn't necessarily mean Solaris' tier needs be changed since it's been stated by the supergenius Dr. Eggman that he would eat all existing timelines and dimensions (Depending on how you see the cosmology Solaris would still be a 2-C or 2-B character), but the specific way the Super forms defeated Solaris does not guarantee that they are outright Multiversal in power.
  1. They weren't able to defeat Solaris by matching his raw strength, they specifically targeted his core because it's the only thing that's even tangible on Solaris. He's stated to be "super-dimensional" (specifically fourth dimensional) and on another plane of existence. There's even more proof as they cannot penetrate Solaris' shield and have to wait for him to actually lower it.
  2. The way the Super Hedgehogs defeated Solaris was by specifically targeting his core in the past, present and future. Depending on how you interpret Sonic's concept of time, this could also mean they were everywhere in time all at once but that would make absolutely zero sense at all from both a story and scaling perspective. There were three primary time periods that were time traveled to throughout the game, and it's implied that traveling to these three periods of time in whatever was left of the timeline was how they were able to defeat Solaris' consciousness as he exists simultaneously throughout these time periods, hence they defeated him in the past (10 years prior to the Soleanna festival), present (Present day where the game takes place), and the future (Silver's future).

Debunking Immeasurable​

Next I want to talk about the Immeasurable Speed scaling, and I want to say this outright: Super forms are NOT Immeasurable in speed.

We can see that in Sonic Generations, both Classic and Modern Super Sonic fight against a being similar but weaker than Solaris known as the Time Eater. Both of them are visibly affected by it's time slowdown.

Even then in the Solaris fight, they technically aren't in a Timeless Void. If they truly were, Eggman and the others would not be able to communicate with the hedgehogs and yet they still can. It's a situation more akin to something like the Null Realm in Dragon Ball Super where they state it's a place without time yet it's contradicted as people are able to freely move around and talk in the void.

Scaling Estimation​

The best source to estimate the Super form's tier would probably be Sonic Rush, where Super Sonic and Burning Blaze fight against the Egg Salamander, which is going to merge both Sonic and Blaze's dimensions together. The Chaos and Sol Emeralds are roughly equal to each other since they're dimensional counterparts, and ES drained all the energy from the Sol Emeralds. ES is able to damage both Sonic and Blaze transformed, which would put Super Sonic and Burning Blaze around a Low Multiverse level as a fair middle ground. I won't use any Power of the Stars scaling because we never see it actually being used at it's full capacity (It's strongest attack is only a planet buster) and even then they win with the help of Marine.

It should also be noted that Super Sonic is most likely going to be nerfed in future Sonic games, as he clearly needed help against The End, whose only been shown to destroy planets.

Solaris​

Solaris_Form2.png

Maginaryworld Debunk​

Solaris, the super dimensional sun god of Soleanna, is probably the strongest being in the entire Game Sonic universe as he's the only antagonist outside of maybe the Time Eater who have power beyond that of a universal level. But even still, his scaling is quite odd because technically there's no proof that there's over 1001 space-time continuums within the Sonicverse (unless you really want to wank the Arabian Nights' 1001 worlds being universes despite it clearly not being the case).

"But Maginaryworld has multiple universe sized dream worlds for every person in existence!"

Not really, that's not how it works.

Maginaryworld is a place where dreams from multiple people co-exist. Based on the manual down below, the description implies that Maginaryworld is just a universe-sized realm made up of different dreams of people across the multiverse. (Credit to Paleomario66 for this screenshot)

latest

Scaling​

It's probably safe to downgrade Solaris to something along the lines of "Low Multiverse level, likely far higher" as we do not know the full capacity of his power, nor do we know how large the Sonic multiverse is. Not a necessary change really, but it would be much more accurate and safe from a scaling perspective.

Assuming the Sonicverse runs on a basic modern multiverse theory (Infinite universes/dimensions/timelines, same thing), Solaris could technically be highballed to Multiverse level+ if we were to go by Eggman Nega's definition of dimensions in Sonic Rush Adventure ("Haa ha ha ha! Oh, you poor thing. Allow me to explain. This world and Dr. Eggman's world exist in separate dimensions. Each of us can think of the other as what is known as a "parallel universe." What makes this possible is this so-called "Power of the Stars.") but it hasn't been proven that there's an infinite amount of parallel dimensions within the Game Sonic continuity from what I've researched.

Frontiers Changes​

I think the Titans and The End should be downgraded from a 2-B tier, because we never see them display feats of that caliber. The End has really only been shown destroying planets while the Titans are powered by one Chaos Emerald, which at it's best has only been shown to move continents.

The biggest thing that really needs to be acknowledged is that Sonic characters love to banter a lot. The End stating all Sonic's previous adversaries were finite while it was infinite doesn't automatically mean they solo stomp the Time Eater and Solaris. That's like taking Sonic's "growing by the second" banter as proof that he has some Saitama-style power growth by doing nothing despite it never being backed up by any guidebooks.

But that seems to be about it. Sonic is a hard series to interpret in power scaling due to the plot holes and inconsistencies of the 2000s so I did my best to better interpret some things.

This thread look too well written for someone's first post on this forum, are you a returning member
Fr being honest..

Also seems like you just didn't read the CRT for the frontiers stuff at all especially since all of that was addressed in great detail regarding that portion

This thread look too well written for someone's first post on this forum, are you a returning member
To be fair, they could have just been lurking for ages and decided for this to be their first CRT after using others as references. Though I guess it is a little sus.

This is the same goddamn arguments that got debunked time and time again, like, literally the same points.

"Sonic doesn't scale to Solaris because they targeted the core!"
Same core that can tank his own attacks. Ergo it just scales.
"Sonic and Co only attacked Solaris in three time periods"
No, they attacked him at all time, past isn't "10 years ago" nor IS future. Everything else is extrapolation from your own headcanon.

"Maginary World is only a universe because the manual says so!"
Actually read the arguments in favor of 2-B Maginary World before you debunk it, please. This statment debunks nothing and was already adressed

"Time Eater wasn't immeasurable because of his time hax"
That's just a feat for Time Eater time hax, not a debunk. Plus Tails made a device that allowed them to talk to each other. These characters are Supergeniuses, they doing stuff like that is feats for them, not the contrary.

"The End was exagerating!"
No, there's no proof The End was exagerating. In Frontiers the emeralds can power Cyberspace which is easily an entire universe. The Ancients are the best users of the emeralds thus far. The End is easily universal and more.

Sonic DOES grow stronger over time as show time and time again. You dismissing everything as just banter clearly shows you don't know anything about Sonic.

There really should be a thread against people making CRTs of the same topics with the same arguments over and over and over again. They should at least read the counter-arguments stated previously before they vomit the same repeated points over again

Do you have actual evidence to prove that the Eggmen didn't use the full Power of the Stars as nothing in the dialogue revolving around it even implies that. Not to mention your only claim involving the "Planet-Buster Laser" shows me that you think the NAME of an attack apparently outweighs both FEATS AND STATEMENTS

[The Solaris argument]
Solaris’ core can withstand Solaris’ own attacks being deflected by Super Silver, so they’d still scale to his AP.

Honestly there needs to be a Note on Solaris’ page addressing this. This has been brought up numerous times.
We can see that in Sonic Generations, both Classic and Modern Super Sonic fight against a being similar but weaker than Solaris known as the Time Eater. Both of them are visibly affected by it's time slowdown.
This just means the Time Eater’s Time Manipulation is potent enough to affect Immeasurable speed characters.

Your timeless void argument is just not relevant to anything so I’ll ignore that.
I won't use any Power of the Stars scaling because we never see it actually being used at it's full capacity (It's strongest attack is only a planet buster) and even then they win with the help of Marine.
There’s no proof the Egg Wizard didn’t harness its full power. Winning with help doesn’t mean they’re infinitely weaker.
It should also be noted that Super Sonic is most likely going to be nerfed in future Sonic games, as he clearly needed help against The End, whose only been shown to destroy planets.
Destroying planets is not an Anti-Feat.
I think the Titans and The End should be downgraded from a 2-B tier, because we never see them display feats of that caliber. The End has really only been shown destroying planets while the Titans are powered by one Chaos Emerald, which at it's best has only been shown to move continents.
This doesn’t matter at all and ignores how powerscaling works. A character trading blows with another character on competitive or even grounds is enough to scale to their level.

The biggest thing that really needs to be acknowledged is that Sonic characters love to banter a lot. The End stating all Sonic's previous adversaries were finite while it was infinite doesn't automatically mean they solo stomp the Time Eater and Solaris. That's like taking Sonic's "growing by the second" banter as proof that he has some Saitama-style power growth by doing nothing despite it never being backed up by any guidebooks.
Sonic eventually beating Infinite after previously getting his ass kicked by him proves he gets stronger.

I’ll leave the Maginaryworld stuff to others, your argument against it is as weak as your others.

Last edited:
Ok now I’ll start breaking this down.

Solaris Scaling​

In addition to what User and Maverick brought up about Solaris’s core withstanding Silver reflecting his attacks back at him, the super trio destroy Solaris’s armor in Phase 1. The reason for targeting his core was because attacking Solaris’s form wouldn’t put him down permanently so they had to stop his consciousness. They also are able to withstand Solaris’s attacks despite that they negate their invulnerability. The guidebook additionally states that only Sonic has the power and strength to defeat Solaris. TLDR; Super Sonic is multiversal.

Solaris is temporally omnipresent btw. The past, present, and future aren’t three random points in time. They are the culmination of time as a whole. Sonic also time travels to save Elise from dying after Eggman’s ship crashed, so that alone proves there’s more than three points in time the cast travels to.

Immeasurable Speed​

The Time Eater using time hax against the Super Sonics means that its time hax has greater potency so that it can affect immeasurable characters, it’s not an automatic disqualification if they have valid feats for it.

Supers having immeasurable speed from Solaris has nothing to do with timeless voids. It comes from them evading attacks from Solaris that exist in the past, present, and future alike as well as being able to attack Solaris, who is temporally omnipresent, faster than he can defend himself.

Egg Wizard

“I won't use any Power of the Stars scaling because we never see it actually being used at it's full capacity (It's strongest attack is only a planet buster) and even then they win with the help of Marine.”

This is a classic case of AOE fallacy. The Egg Wizard can merge Sonic and Blaze’s dimensions. It being capable of busting a planet isn’t a cap on its power, I would expect a tier 2 being to destroy a planet with no problem.

Maginaryworld​

I’m well aware of the manual which calls Maginaryworld a dimension. That doesn’t mean it caps at Low 2-C when there is more context in the game showing the cast as having separate dream worlds based on their reality. There’s an entire blog going into detail that explains why Maginaryworld is a 2-B realm.

Frontiers​

Just like with the Egg Wizard argument, you are using the AOE fallacy to say The End is only planet level. The End would perform effectively the same feat as Solaris, stating it would tear down the walls between dimensions and consume all, so its statement of being above Sonic’s past adversaries holds weight to it.

All in all, this thread has not provided any sufficient evidence that would warrant a downgrade.

I agree with what the others said for the most part.

Solaris Scaling
Details about the core mean nothing really. It just means the core is the only part with normal level durability relative to attack potency, Solaris is actually a stone wall for the most part where his own durability is significantly more durable than his own AP, save for the core being just the same. But it would still be in the same ballpark as his AP and thus Super Hedgehogs would scale. It's also backed up in secondary canon sources about Super Sonic being on Solaris' level iirc.

Immeasurable Speed
I will note to having controversial opinions of Immeasurable speed. At least as far as Immeasurable speed Vs Temporal Omnipresents are concerned I still do. But there are other reasons being used to support the ratings nor do I really have anything against could refuting those. But the points brought up in the OP aren't actually rebuttals either. Time manipulation could just work on a multi-temporal dimensional level rather than them not being infinite/immeasurable. Also, Immeasurable speed doesn't come from "Timeless void" stuff exclusively, it comes from being able to travel from prehistoric times to modern time periods and back and forth mid combat against Solaris. And I heard some things similar happened against Time Eater.

Egg Wizard
As Shadow Warrior said, this is classic AoE fallacy. The 2-C minimum feat was done rather casually merging the at least 2 dimensions into one. And his fireball attacks use the same UES essentially that Sonic and Blaze tanked. Being able to destroy a planet with ease isn't a counter argument against someone being multiversal.

Maginary World
Yeah, we already went over this and primary sources are agreed to take priority over secondary stuff (Which would only have one statement to lock it) but the actual game clearly calls the worlds parallel worlds/dimensions and even mentions mirroring "Sonic's World". Which would inherently mean it would either they all be planet sized or they're all universes. But they also individually have been shown to be large enough to contain starry skies and their own version of Milky Way to Andromeda Galaxy distances. And no one uses parallel to your world to refer to large collection of Multi-Galaxy sized pocket realities. So process of elimination makes parallel universes the most logical interpretation. And since there are over 7 billion people, not including the various nonhumans who have dreams or deceased characters who may have dreamed beforehand, it's easily well into 2-B.

Frontiers Stuff
I never got a chance to play the game, though I have seen reviews for it. But I'm pretty sure The End has its own share of "Destroy all existence" statements. Which would be Low 2-C at minimum, but 2-B if expanded cosmology was included. It also literally mentions "Other Worlds" also Super Sonic legit calls the End the strongest foe yet and this is despite everyone mentioning it takes place after Sonic 06 as the cast remembers events from that game. But "Destroy all existence" should put it in the same ballpark as Solaris with other backup lore confirmations and Sonic's statements mentioning the End surpasses Solaris.

Ok now I’ll start breaking this down.

Solaris Scaling​

In addition to what User and Maverick brought up about Solaris’s core withstanding Silver reflecting his attacks back at him, the super trio destroy Solaris’s armor in Phase 1. The reason for targeting his core was because attacking Solaris’s form wouldn’t put him down permanently so they had to stop his consciousness. They also are able to withstand Solaris’s attacks despite that they negate their invulnerability. The guidebook additionally states that only Sonic has the power and strength to defeat Solaris. TLDR; Super Sonic is multiversal.

Solaris is temporally omnipresent btw. The past, present, and future aren’t three random points in time. They are the culmination of time as a whole. Sonic also time travels to save Elise from dying after Eggman’s ship crashed, so that alone proves there’s more than three points in time the cast travels to.

Immeasurable Speed​

The Time Eater using time hax against the Super Sonics means that its time hax has greater potency so that it can affect immeasurable characters, it’s not an automatic disqualification if they have valid feats for it.

Supers having immeasurable speed from Solaris has nothing to do with timeless voids. It comes from them evading attacks from Solaris that exist in the past, present, and future alike as well as being able to attack Solaris, who is temporally omnipresent, faster than he can defend himself.

Egg Wizard

“I won't use any Power of the Stars scaling because we never see it actually being used at it's full capacity (It's strongest attack is only a planet buster) and even then they win with the help of Marine.”

This is a classic case of AOE fallacy. The Egg Wizard can merge Sonic and Blaze’s dimensions. It being capable of busting a planet isn’t a cap on its power, I would expect a tier 2 being to destroy a planet with no problem.

Maginaryworld​

I’m well aware of the manual which calls Maginaryworld a dimension. That doesn’t mean it caps at Low 2-C when there is more context in the game showing the cast as having separate dream worlds based on their reality. There’s an entire blog going into detail that explains why Maginaryworld is a 2-B realm.

Frontiers​

Just like with the Egg Wizard argument, you are using the AOE fallacy to say The End is only planet level. The End would perform effectively the same feat as Solaris, stating it would tear down the walls between dimensions and consume all, so its statement of being above Sonic’s past adversaries holds weight to it.

All in all, this thread has not provided any sufficient evidence that would warrant a downgrade.
As much as I want to agree OP, I think Shadow makes more sense

Yeah, I don't really agree with 2-B Sonic, I dunno what all that was meant to make me disagree with.

Yeah, I don't really agree with 2-B Sonic, I dunno what all that was meant to make me disagree with.
It's fine not to agree with it, but on the basis presented in the CRT that people have been relentlessly refuting? Unless the person who made the CRT replies to all the debunks, I dunno how one could agree with the CRT based on the evidence put forth.

Could you elaborate more on your vote perhaps?

By that point I'd better spend my time making my own CRT, but to keep it short, I agree Solaris' whole battle isn't getting anybody higher AP/Durability/Speed, we never get a real sense of his physical form beyond "it exists through all of time, and defeating that in this time won't do shit", for all I can see it only can scale to the superforms. As for immeasurable I'm not sure how you can get to that level if the being shooting the lasers is explicitly anchored to a single dimension by its consciousness, despite its body being omni-temporal.
I could be wrong but I've never seen much in the way implying Solaris' consciousness is in fact omni-temporal, all I can muster and understand is that his body definitively is, and that the Hedgehog Trio were all fighting at the same time in the same place.

And for the Maginaryworld, I'm not too sure on its 2-B rank, since its concepts seem very close to the Arabian Nights (being sustained by people's mind, imagination and dreams aren't too far off), which makes me question the idea something like that can be 2-B, much less to assume every dream is universal in size with so little to come in terms of their specific size beyond "stars and nebulas, and planets", from my point of view that isn't anything warranting Universe tier.
It's fine not to agree with it, but on the basis presented in the CRT that people have been relentlessly refuting? Unless the person who made the CRT replies to all the debunks, I dunno how one could agree with the CRT based on the evidence put forth.

Could you elaborate more on your vote perhaps?

By that point I'd better spend my time making my own CRT, but to keep it short, I agree Solaris' whole battle isn't getting anybody higher AP/Durability/Speed, we never get a real sense of his physical form beyond "it exists through all of time, and defeating that in this time won't do shit", for all I can see it only can scale to the superforms. As for immeasurable I'm not sure how you can get to that level if the being shooting the lasers is explicitly anchored to a single dimension by its consciousness, despite its body being omni-temporal.
I could be wrong but I've never seen much in the way implying Solaris' consciousness is in fact omni-temporal, all I can muster and understand is that his body definitively is, and that the Hedgehog Trio were all fighting at the same time in the same place.
Silver outright states that he can beat Solaris by destroying him in all time periods at once, with Shadow agreeing it’s possible if Sonic were still alive. The super trio needed to directly counter Solaris’s temporal omnipresence. Solaris was anchored to Sonic’s dimension during the first phase, but that doesn’t negate anything since he’s still present throughout its every moment in time.

And for the Maginaryworld, I'm not too sure on its 2-B rank, since its concepts seem very close to the Arabian Nights (being sustained by people's mind, imagination and dreams aren't too far off), which makes me question the idea something like that can be 2-B, much less to assume every dream is universal in size with so little to come in terms of their specific size beyond "stars and nebulas, and planets", from my point of view that isn't anything warranting Universe tier.
Maginaryworld and the Arabian Nights aren’t directly linked, they’re two different concepts. Maginaryworld is where everyone’s dreams manifest into becoming reality. There are dreams that involve the desire to rule the universe so they must be of a universal scope to contain them, the celestial bodies present reinforce this idea. The blog I linked in my previous post goes into further detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back