• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathwing CRT of death...wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Udl, you can't really be suggesting that the usage of "avoidance" in this case is being used as a literal synonym of the word "dodge". Ogbu calling it a metaphor was him giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not doing that. Avoidance here is clearly referring to something else, specifically avoiding the damage step/ effect part of an attack.

You can't be simultaneously dodging and resisting a spell. You need to come in contact with something in order to resist. You obviously can't be simultaneously parrying and dodging at the same time either. Yet, that is also being clumped together with both dodge and resist. You also don't intrinsically need to dodge something in order for it to miss you. You can miss a stationary target after all, obviously. Your own sources make it crystal clear, spells cannot be dodged or parried.

Spell attacks can be resisted or can miss.

Ranged attacks can only miss.

Melee attacked can be dodged, parried or can miss.

Not really, you didn't bother to read my point that not only does Level play a factor but the creature's class does (Elite, Rare, Rare Elite, Boss) you seemingly ignored that to say "Nah, all about the player." which was debunked by your own argument that creatures intrinsically have values.

This is more compounded by the fact that my citations literally states that a level 80 v Level 80 Elite has a chance to miss their target based purely on the Elite's intrinsic value.
This has nothing to do with anything. It doesn't disprove my point, nor does it prove yours.
That's not what I cited, this is an Equivocation fallacy. I literally LINKED where I was drawing "Avoidance" from. It's incredibly intellectually dishonest of you to ignore my citation and then substitute it with your own.
What you linked is the exact same thing I linked. The page you posted is just a lesser version of it. Also your citation didn't even have anything to do with Avoidance.
I don't think you know what a Metaphor is:
an expression that describes a person or object by referring to something that is considered to possess similar characteristics:
[ C ] "A heart of stone" is a metaphor.
The word you're looking for is Synonym, but you didn't use that word, because it debunks you, so you'd rather just be wrong than concede.
Don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

Really nothing else to discuss here. Wowpedia made everything clear. We should probably close this thread and move on with finish the other, newer revision.

This has nothing to do with anything. It doesn't disprove my point, nor does it prove yours.
It disproves your tangent about how:

spell hit is entirely dependent on the caster's abilities not the opposition.
What you linked is the exact same thing I linked.
No, it is not, are you high?

What I linked: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Avoidance

What you linked: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Avoidance_(attribute)

God, you can't even be dishonest correctly.

Don't use words you don't know the meaning of.
There's a lot of glass in that house you're throwing stones in.

You don't know the difference between a metaphor and synonym.

It disproves your tangent about how:
Except it doesn't?

At least try and make an argument instead of just stating a thing and pretending as if it is an argument just because you said it was.
No, it is not, are you high?

What I linked: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Avoidance

What you linked: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Avoidance_(attribute)

God, you can't even be dishonest correctly.
Do you even know anything about WoW or are you just throwing stuff at the wall hoping something will stick?

Avoidance is literally the same thing thing. Argue with blizzard.

" New Minor Stat: AvoidanceAnother minor stat, Avoidance, has previously only ever been used for a few prominent class pets. It reduces the damage you take from area-of-effect (AoE) attacks, though compared to the pet version, the Avoidance minor stat will come in much smaller quantities. The goal is to soften the blow of AoE attacks a bit, but not allow you to just stand in the fire."
There's a lot of glass in that house you're throwing stones in.

You don't know the difference between a metaphor and synonym.
Stop projecting, and either make an argument or just let's end with this petty banter.

Vapid. See above, you didn't provide anything new. Not going ad nauseum
Nah, you've been completely debunked and your arguments have long since started to border on the irrational. See above? Answer the following question instead. Can a stationary target that cannot move at all dodge, but be missed? Spoiler alert: that's why dodging isn't just labeled as missing.

Except it doesn't?
That does nothing but prove my point, spell hit is entirely dependent on the caster's abilities not the opposition.
Level is something for the opposition, Creature rank is something. It is not entirely dependant on the Player, you are wrong.

Do you even know anything about WoW or are you just throwing stuff at the wall hoping something will stick?
Do you even know how to click a link without having a brain hemorrhage.

Click my links and stop trying to strawman my argument into talking about the attribute Avoidance.

Stop projecting, and either make an argument or just let's end with this petty banter.
Something something, glass houses and stones.

Level is something for the opposition, Creature rank is something. It is not entirely dependant on the Player, you are wrong.
That isn't even true..... Do you even know the reason why that is? It isn't because of rank it's because of the elites are higher level than 80, elite bosses are level 83, which is the thing that makes them have a higher % required..... Jeez the lack of knowledge displayed here is astonishing. This is even stated, again, in the very same source you linked.

"As a rule of thumb, a level 80 player against a level 83 boss needs +26.232*k hit rating, to achieve +k% chance to hit with spells. That means that on 80-vs-83 fights each point of +hit rating contributes about +0.038% chance to hit with spells."

Do you even know how to click a link without having a brain hemorrhage.

Click my links and stop trying to strawman my argument into talking about the attribute Avoidance.
Right.. petty insults now. How mature.

I did click your link, and if you had basic game knowledge and comprehension, you would know that there is only one stat of Avoidance, and that is to reduce AoE attacks. This is stated by Blizzard, the same site you linked, and wowhead one of the most trusted WoW sites.

Also I hope you realize the thing you linked is just talking about general term out of game way like mitigation is. Not an actual in-game mechanic or a stat.

Like Jesus dude, this is sad at this point.

The thread has been locked, Ogbun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back