• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death (Supernatural) vs Hades (Saint Seiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
It isn't derailment.
You said he won because of a power he didn't have. Argument A.

I proved that he didn't have such power. Argument B.

Your response to that was to re-use Argument A. Every single time.

Either you're trolling or your skills at logical debating are very poor. Address Argument B, please.
I addressed Argument B actually. Are you reading my comments?

It proves that Death doesn't have 100% control over the Concept of Death like you claim.

3-A Death-Inducement killed him.

BreloomFanboy said:
@Matthew
I still wondering how does Death dying to his own weapon not make him an abstract?
"This term means that a certain character is an immaterial embodiment of a fundamental abstract concept, and is able to regenerate as long as the concept itself continues to exist."

>> Death was oneshotted by Death inducement. The concept of Death continued to exist. Death himself NEVER came back. To make matters worse for him and further debunk him as an abstract, he was killed by something that induces the very concept that he should be by default if he was an abstract therefore making him immune to it.

"It should be noted that simply being representative of a concept does not qualify a character for this ability, as it only applies to the ones that fulfill the above requirements."

>> You keep asking if people read your comments, but seeing as you linked the abstract page this many times and still doesn't understand that makes me somewhat tempted to ask you the same.

This is my last comment since im tired. I'm sorry if you'll consider me wanking just by using what I see on this wiki and others about him (Not like I actually care though).

Death abilities in more detail.

I'm literally not understanding how dying to your own weapon suddenly discounts you as an abstract.

You are listing the Wiki who treats Death, God and Amara as "Nigh-Omnipotent", and the Archangels as "Low-Tier Nigh-Omnipotents"

There's nothing impressive there at all, honestly, besides the obvious wanking of "nigh-omnipotence".

...I think that confirms that you, indeed, are the one who doesn't read - or at least doesn't make any effort to understand, no matter how simple - the replies that other people make, Breloom.

@Breloom Because the concept of death still existed after he died, if he was an abstract he would regenerate as long as the concept of death exists, which it still does, yet he didn't regenerate after been killed which means he isn't an abstract.

It's useless, really. If after all the explanations above Breloom didn't even adress the points maken, going as far as bringing up the Supernatural wikia and then proceeding to repeat his previous point that was time and again explained as mistaken, trying to explain this to him will go nowhere at all.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Breloom Because the concept of death still existed after he died, if he was an abstract he would regenerate as long as the concept of death exists, which it still does, yet he didn't regenerate after been killed which means he isn't an abstract.
Probably because it's his weapon that killed him. If you'll are going to continue to use this argument then im done here.

You're not even adressing the whole "concept of death still existed after he died", even if it's his weapon it's irrelevant. Someone with death manipulation on the same level or better could take him down just as easily.

Promestein said:
You're not even adressing the whole "concept of death still existed after he died", even if it's his weapon it's irrelevant. Someone with death manipulation on the same level or better could take him down just as easily.
It doesn't matter if death still existed. Death is/was an abstract. Like seriously, he shown abstract properties but dying to his own weapon automatically nullifies him being an abstract?

I agree with everything else you stated, but Hades doesn't have concept manipulation for death.

Breloom, literally everyone except you already made actual points against this reasoning that you're repeating since the very beginning of the thread. Said reasoning was debunked in so many ways by so many different users that, frankly speaking, I don't know how you can still hold on to it.

You're the only person in the entire thread that is persistently trying to enforce this point time and again despite everyone else proving it as wrong and not only agreeing but also further proving it by providing more reasons with each reply.

It's just that you don't seem to accept it - and I'm calling it as not accepting it because rather than bringing further evidence to back up what you say, all you do is say something in Death's favor without making an actual reasoning to go along with it.

That makes your replies seem void by default. With all due respect, It makes it seem like you just want Death to win, no matter what.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Well when Beyonder kill death(marvel) suddenly even 1C character can't kill a flower as the concept of death is vanished.
Now that's a real showing of conceptual death embodiment.

"This term means that a certain character is an immaterial embodiment of a fundamental abstract concept, and is able to regenerate as long as the concept itself continues to exist.

It should be noted that simply being representative of a concept does not qualify a character for this ability, as it only applies to the ones that fulfill the above requirements."

From the abstract existence page. Obviously does not apply to supernatural Death.

FateAlbane said:
Breloom, literally everyone except you already made actual points against this reasoning that you're repeating since the very beginning of the thread. Said reasoning was debunked in so many ways by so many different users that, frankly speaking, I don't know how you can still hold on to it.
You're the only person in the entire thread that is persistently trying to enforce this point time and again despite everyone else proving it as wrong and not only agreeing but also further proving it by providing more reasons with each reply.

It's just that you don't seem to accept it - and I'm calling it as not accepting it because rather than bringing further evidence to back up what you say, all you do is say something in Death's favor without making an actual reasoning to go along with it.

That makes your replies seem void by default. With all due respect, It makes it seem like you just want Death to win, no matter what.
Yeh._. I'll concede. I really don't have the time or energy to to argue with people over the Internet. Like you literally just stated all I did was repeat myself when Matthew did the same.

I mean, we have no evidence stating that Death was, indeed, destroyed instead of simply his mortal form being destroyed.

Angels, Demons, God, Amara have "vessels" and "true forms", and yet, we take it at face value that Death was killed when all we saw was his vessel destroyed?

What form did he take before God created mankind or before God created our universe?

Iirc, a reaper whose name I cannot recall stated that their boss was no more and the reapers themselves had to do the job of killing people.. so... thats enough proof of Death dying, isnt it?

Ah, just to add to what others have said: Death, War, Famine, and.. who was the other... idk, are the Horsemen, but not the Concepts they embody (hunger will exist with or without famine, war didnt end when said horsemen died, same with Death). They are powerful entities with power over said concept, nothing else (yeah, abstracts, but hey, Thanatos is also God of Death and Hades rules over him, abstracts also have an hierarchy, and we know Death isnt at the top since the concept still existes without him).

Death is an anomaly. He is believed to be one of the 4 Horsemen by human myth, but human myth is highly inaccurate and doesn't portray how the cosmic forces truly are. Death is a primordial being, older than God, who is simply fond of the other horsemen and hangs out with them.

I concede then @Matt, yeah, I remember Death saying he was older than the universe, tho I believed it was the same for the rest of the Horsemen. I misremember a lot, it seems. Anyway thanks for the clariffication.

with all this discussion about whether this death is the literal abstract concept of death or not i'm surprised no one mentioned this thing

Those few enlightened that in the moment of death burn their Cosmos to the extreme limit overcoming the power of Seventh Sense, wake up at the Eighth Sense, a Cosmos superior to Seventh Sense and burning it they exceed death, being able to reach the Underworld remaining alive and transcending the concepts of life and death.

in the end it doesn't even matter Hades would win anyways.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Hades won, the only person who was voting for Death was Breloom and he is banned.
And with it being such an apparent one-sided stomp, i request the thread be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back