• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tell me the MU that'll I'll be sad that didn't happen
And ones that I thank god never came to pass

Or ones I couldn't give a shit about

Why do I not believe this shit lol
Let me check the timeline here:

• RWBY Volume 8 bombs, forcing RT to find somebody else to fund Volume 9.
  • Crunchyroll funds Volume 9, makes it exclusive to them.
  • RWBY Volume 9 bombs, forcing RT to find somebody else to fund Volume 10.
  • Nobody wants to fund Volume 10, so the team has to resort to a hashtag campaign to raise awareness.
  • It turns out most businesspeople don't take hashtag campaigns seriously because "anything can get trending" (see: The Owl House).
  • RWBY x Justice League Parts 1 and 2 bomb, forcing RT to find- wait a minute...
  • RT gets shutdown in a move people saw coming from a mile away.
  • BONUS: Vic Mignogna fans celebrate hundreds of people losing their jobs because "karma".

Did I miss anything?

Tell me the MU that'll I'll be sad that didn't happen
And ones that I thank god never came to pass

Or ones I couldn't give a shit about
For me personally, it sucks alot that we didn't get Alucard vs Dante, Oswald vs Felix, Raoh vs Akuma, Cell vs Omega, Gohan vs Kouga Bowser vs Eggman and Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut (It's especially sad with the last two cuz they could probably happen this season)

For the ones we luckily didn't get are (imho): Goku vs Sonic, Kumagawa vs Accelerator, Batman returning for the 5th time and of course I couldn't forget about my least favorite, Sakuya vs Hit...

You know all things considering? As sad as it is that Death Battle is, let's face the music here, going to no longer be a thing, I'm glad that it at least ended on a very high note before it ended.

I mean Season 10 had some of the most consistently high quality episodes in the entire series and bangers like Frieza vs Megatron, Goku vs Superman 3, Galactus vs Unicorn, and other episodes like that are episodes I go back to often because of how GOOD they are. And yeah it's kind of stupid that they went over budget for Season 10, but if it was meant to be some sort of unintentional swan song and one last hurrah then I say mission accomplished.

But what about you ladies and gentlemen? If this is the end, would any of you say it ended on a high note or nah?

I’ll say that I’m so glad Touhou vs Fleetway Sanic and Lucina vs Grovyle will never happen now.
Kasen vs Fleetway I like but I can get not ******* with given it some version of sonic vs a Touhou who
Lucina vs Grovyle is some shit post mu that I don't see much appeal with
You know all things considering? As sad as it is that Death Battle is, let's face the music here, going to no longer be a thing, I'm glad that it at least ended on a very high note before it ended.

I mean Season 10 had some of the most consistently high quality episodes in the entire series and bangers like Frieza vs Megatron, Goku vs Superman 3, Galactus vs Unicorn, and other episodes like that are episodes I go back to often because of how GOOD they are. And yeah it's kind of stupid that they went over budget for Season 10, but if it was meant to be some sort of unintentional swan song and one last hurrah then I say mission accomplished.

But what about you ladies and gentlemen? If this is the end, would any of you say it ended on a high note or nah?
Definitely a strong endpoint to end with
I'm just glad Lucina vs Grovyle will never happen. Hallelujah!
Preach

For me personally, it sucks alot that we didn't get Alucard vs Dante, Oswald vs Felix, Raoh vs Akuma, Cell vs Omega, Gohan vs Kouga Bowser vs Eggman and Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut (It's especially sad with the last two cuz they could probably happen this season)

For the ones we luckily didn't get are (imho): Goku vs Sonic, Kumagawa vs Accelerator, Batman returning for the 5th time and of course I couldn't forget about my least favorite, Sakuya vs Hit...
Agreed

So let's see

4chan Co and Vsbw: It's over
Reddit/discord: Copium
Anyone I miss?
Let me check the timeline here:

• RWBY Volume 8 bombs, forcing RT to find somebody else to fund Volume 9.
  • Crunchyroll funds Volume 9, makes it exclusive to them.
  • RWBY Volume 9 bombs, forcing RT to find somebody else to fund Volume 10.
  • Nobody wants to fund Volume 10, so the team has to resort to a hashtag campaign to raise awareness.
  • It turns out most businesspeople don't take hashtag campaigns seriously because "anything can get trending" (see: The Owl House).
  • RWBY x Justice League Parts 1 and 2 bomb, forcing RT to find- wait a minute...
  • RT gets shutdown in a move people saw coming from a mile away.
  • BONUS: Vic Mignogna fans celebrate hundreds of people losing their jobs because "karma".

Did I miss anything?
Yeah wat I thought

Unless there going for a full fledge reboot it's utterly over for RWBY

Sad that it was right before it hit the 200 episode milestone though. But yeah, it ended as high of a note as you could.

I do wonder if there is a suspiciously wealthy someone (battleboarding autist millionaire) is willing to drop $3 million to fund Season 11 though.

I'm really sad Lucina Vs. Grovyle didn't happen, because there's some fun connections there, unexpected cosmic scaling for what look like low tier characters, and a fairly versatile moveset on both sides but with enough abilities and equipment that still clash well that could make for some good animation for two verses (and technically a sub-series) I'm a major fan of.

Yes that's him

163 people upvoted this…. these have to be children right?

I personally take this as neither a good nor bad thing. If he can coast with no sponsors, it just means downsizing or something.

And as far as DBa, I don't see why Ben, Chad, and half a dozen of the former animators can't just pack up from RT and say 'come boy! We shall take our business elsewhere!'. James O'keefe did the same thing with OMG after being kicked from Project Veritas, so why can't the same happen here?

Nothing, really. I just remember seeing it and feeling like they were being rather petty. Didn't help that they also blamed RT's downfall on "wokeness".

As your local 'more conservative than thou', I at least concede that any ideological component is at least a small factor. The mantra of 'get woke, go broke' has turned into one giant game of whack-a-mole in recent years, depending on shifting markets and how long or short-term your profits are.

As for Vic, I could say more, but I'll wait a bit on the grounds of (to crib a quote from Smash commentator EE) "It's not a matter of 'can he come back?', it's more a matter of 'would he want to come back?'". Because something about his case just does not add up, regardless of whether you presume guilt or innocence.

Nothing, really. I just remember seeing it and feeling like they were being rather petty. Didn't help that they also blamed RT's downfall on "wokeness".
Genuinely speaking these are the same people who claimed that Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire is woke because, and I'm not exaggerating here, Godzilla's Evolved form is pink... completely ignoring that Millennium Godzilla had ******* purple dorsal plates and no one complained about that.

It's like not only do people throw around the word like it's a buzzword that they don't know the definition of, but it makes them incapable of feeling empathy for workers using their jobs because "haha! The company that promoted the ideology I disagree with is going out of business, let's celebrate it!" The Vic situation sucked, but let's not act like it isn't unfortunate that people were caught in the crossfire.

I personally take this as neither a good nor bad thing. If he can coast with no sponsors, it just means downsizing or something.

And as far as DBa, I don't see why Ben, Chad, and half a dozen of the former animators can't just pack up from RT and say 'come boy! We shall take our business elsewhere!'. James O'keefe did the same thing with OMG after being kicked from Project Veritas, so why can't the same happen here?
Death Battle is owned by Rooster Teeth and even if they could take it with them, unless you wanna wait like for ERB new videos, they got no money as independent people to run the show at same quality in the 2 weeks schedule

Death Battle is owned by Rooster Teeth and even if they could take it with them, unless you wanna wait like for ERB new videos, they got no money as independent people to run the show at same quality in the 2 weeks schedule
Pretty much wat BD said
RT owns the branding and they don't have the budget to run DB if they go independent

I don't know if it's just my head cannon belief here but I swear to God that there's this duality going on with the DB crew where they want to continue the show, but they're unwilling to make sacrifices or cut down a bit on the quality in order to keep things going. In their perspective they want to go independent and retain the same level of budget they had under Rooster Teeth when that's just impossible, or at least that's how I interpret it.

Honestly it's a bit frustrating that they were genuinely caught off guard by this when they should've seen the signs coming from years ago and planned accordingly when the time came for RT to announce the shutdown, was it blissful ignorance or something?

I don't know if it's just my head cannon belief here but I swear to God that there's this duality going on with the DB crew where they want to continue the show, but they're unwilling to make sacrifices or cut down a bit on the quality in order to keep things going. In their perspective they want to go independent and retain the same level of budget they had under Rooster Teeth when that's just impossible, or at least that's how I interpret it.
Its possible, but dont expect episodes to come out any soon though, aka 2 weeks between them, money might come slower now though
Honestly it's a bit frustrating that they were genuinely caught off guard by this when they should've seen the signs coming from years ago and planned accordingly when the time came for RT to announce the shutdown, was it blissful ignorance or something?
Honestly, it is pretty infuriating they didnt prepare for this, like didnt they were aware of RT financial situation at all?

Honestly, it is pretty infuriating they didnt prepare for this, like didnt they were aware of RT financial situation at all

Who knows when u hear "oh RT gonna die any moment now" over the years ,ya probably wouldn't take it very seriously
But bigger companies bit the dust, RT wasn't gonna be at different in the end

Now the clocks ticking and we gotten 0 updates on the shows fate which makes this looks more and more grim

Yeah nobody wants to choke on black pills but we're not given any hopium on this

Now the clocks ticking and we gotten 0 updates on the shows fate which makes this looks more and more grim
Unless a miracle happens, its GG, RT should have prepared better for their possible closure, but then again Telltale games didnt do it either and made a sudden closure too

Terrible world we live in, tragedy on all sorts happens for people on different matters and you are ready for it at times

Back